Missing Pages

Tobian

Master Poster
Dec 19, 2005
For a little while I have noticed that there are pages missing in the General Chit Chat section.

Now this can be annoying if you're looking for a thread that just got bumped to the next page.

What happend here? I'm sure it's not just me, right? All other sections are fine except General Chit Chat.

Apr 27, 2006
pushingpixels.net
I don't think I have this problem.
I have 103 pages in Chit Chat.

EDIT: Or do you mean something like a thread goes from the first page and then you check page 2 and it isn't there?:???:

Tobian

Master Poster
Dec 19, 2005
[QUOTE="roosters93, post: 0]I don't think I have this problem.
I have 103 pages in Chit Chat.

EDIT: Or do you mean something like a thread goes from the first page and then you check page 2 and it isn't there?:???:[/quote]

Nope, I mean when I visit the GCC section there are no other pages other than the first one.

Normally I use Firefox but the problem isn't solved with IE. I tried erasing cache, cookies, history but NOTHING helps.

Apr 27, 2006
pushingpixels.net
[QUOTE="Tobian, post: 0]Nope, I mean when I visit the GCC section there are no other pages other than the first one.

Normally I use Firefox but the problem isn't solved with IE. I tried erasing cache, cookies, history but NOTHING helps.[/quote]

Well that sucks. :(
Does anyone else have this problem?

smiiter

Apprentice
Apr 10, 2006
well im using firfox aswell and in GCC i get 1 page,
BUT it shows threads 1 to 23 of 23.
so by that count all the threads are only one 1 page!

Tobian

Master Poster
Dec 19, 2005
Well, It seems I'm the only one experiencing this problem.

I tried running all sorts of spyware/adware removal software plus Avast my virus scanner but nothing helps.

My computer is clean so that's probably not the problem.

If it has anything to do with my account, maybe one of the Admins could have a look into this.

Oct 30, 2005
At the bottom of the General Chit Chat section there should be a 'Display options' menu. Change the settings so you can view all post from the last week/month/year. I can't see any pages from previous weeks unless I alter the page settings. However this only applies for the General Chit Chat section.

Tobian

Master Poster
Dec 19, 2005
Jup problem fixed guys, thanx for the help.

Both 'Display options' in GCC and 'Edit options' in user CP worked when I changed the settings.

lol. Something so simple yet so far away.

Nov 6, 2006
Even though the arrangement of the fields come from different tables, if your relationships are set up correctly, any data entered will be properly placed in the correct table. Forms will also allow you to ‘restrict’ what users enter though a variety of elements. Input screens, validation rules, list boxes, toggle buttons, etc. limit what the user can enter into your database. This offers a level of security that access to tables and datasheets can’t. Other advantages of forms, as opposed to datasheets and tables, are forms can use multiple tables, and graphics can be displayed.