Mitsi's 65' Laser TV priced finally

grcswoosh

Master Poster
Oct 5, 2007
SoCal
Ya, big talk, but when it came down to it, still mucho expensivo. I just hope they drop in a year or two when I start looking for my second HDTV.

kuku

Veteran
Oct 19, 2006
Yea that's how much I've figured it to cost.

"affordable" is all PR talk when it comes down to it. It's completely different process, it's high spec-ed, it's huge, and it's owned wholely by Mitsu meaning no competition.

And to make sure they're not eating into their LCD line, it would have to be priced out of it.

Look like this finally crushes Reflex's hopes. ;)

Anyone who ever thought this thing was anything less was looking at the wrong year.

If it had been in the LCD range prices, they would have sensationalized it, and overstocked it enough for the holiday season. Considering that they probably couldn't, it's the flip side. The rich and curious only.

Feb 1, 2008
WOW thats a lot of pennys to spend on a TV
having said that i seen my NEXT new TV 58" LCD cant remmber the make of it but all i can say is WOW WOW WOW

billm0066

Elite Member
Oct 30, 2006
Why spend that much on a 65" tv, when you can have a much larger screen from a projector for under $1,000? I can understand some people might not be able to use a projector, but theres no way in hell I would give up my 106" screen I spent less than $900 on for the projector and screen.

nskinnear

Elite Sage
Oct 12, 2007
7000$, that's it? I've already purchased three of them...

...In my dreams :lol:
Seriously though, I'm hoping the price will drop a lot in the next few years. I'd love to own a TV like this, sometime down the road when I have lots of money saved up.