MLB Thread

Jrod

Super Elite
Oct 29, 2008
I feel a shamed that the Sports section does not have a stickied MLB Thread, I'll be asking the Mod to sticky this in hope that all of out MLB trash talk and chit chat can be flourished in here. Answering all those troubling questions that keep up awake at night. Will the Yankees make something out of their ridiculous salary? Can the Cubs make it 'their' year?

Sites I usually keep tabs on and get some of the latest info:

http://mlb.fanhouse.com/
http://espn.go.com/mlb/
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb

We have a long season ahead of us guys so let's get ready!:rolleyes:

Jrod

Super Elite
Oct 29, 2008
[QUOTE="KingJordan, post: 0]lol Yankees. CC looked great in his 1st start brah.[/quote]

Haha funny joke.

Anyways I'm curious to see how the Mets will work Sheffield into the line-up,the guy has been a DH for a couple years.

J

justintheman99

Your thread has been stickied. :wink: Plus it will now be referred to as the "official" thread.

FdMstng99

Forum Sage
Feb 19, 2008
Maryland
[QUOTE="Jrod, post: 0]Haha funny joke.

Anyways I'm curious to see how the Mets will work Sheffield into the line-up,the guy has been a DH for a couple years.[/quote]

With Sheffields bat they will find a place for him. He still looks to be in good shape so I'm sure he will be fine in LF or RF.

Jrod

Super Elite
Oct 29, 2008
[QUOTE="justintheman99, post: 0]Your thread has been stickied. :wink: Plus it will now be referred to as the "official" thread.[/quote]

Awesome buddy! Thank you! I feel as though I'm given to the community and my day is done and I can go back to bed being lazy on my day off.:lol:

[QUOTE="FdMstng99, post: 0]With Sheffields bat they will find a place for him. He still looks to be in good shape so I'm sure he will be fine in LF or RF.[/quote]

Mhm and mighttt be a little rusty from parking his bum on the bench for so long but I'm sure he fit right in. I'm excited for the additions of the Mets this year and I'm pulling for them-K Rod fan here.

FdMstng99

Forum Sage
Feb 19, 2008
Maryland
[QUOTE="Jrod, post: 0]Awesome buddy! Thank you! I feel as though I'm given to the community and my day is done and I can go back to bed being lazy on my day off.:lol:

Mhm and mighttt be a little rusty from parking his bum on the bench for so long but I'm sure he fit right in. I'm excited for the additions of the Mets this year and I'm pulling for them-K Rod fan here.[/quote]

I usually follow the Mets on the NL side. I'm a fan of David Wright.

Jrod

Super Elite
Oct 29, 2008
[QUOTE="FdMstng99, post: 0]I usually follow the Mets on the NL side. I'm a fan of David Wright.[/quote]

He is an outstanding player, and yeah the Mets is the only team I follow in the NL, I enjoy AL much more.

J

justintheman99

[QUOTE="Jrod, post: 0]Awesome buddy! Thank you! I feel as though I'm given to the community and my day is done and I can go back to bed being lazy on my day off.:lol:
[/quote]

I have given to the community by placing this thread as a sticky. Now I can be lazy too! :lol:

Jrod

Super Elite
Oct 29, 2008
[QUOTE="justintheman99, post: 0]I have given to the community by placing this thread as a sticky. Now I can be lazy too! :lol:[/quote]

Wanna grab a six pack and watch Toronto lose?

FdMstng99

Forum Sage
Feb 19, 2008
Maryland
[QUOTE="KingJordan, post: 0]wow Jose Canseco is a moron, idiot, pea brain, dumb ***.[/quote]

He may be all these things but he has been mostly right about who's taken steroids.

FdMstng99

Forum Sage
Feb 19, 2008
Maryland
The O's just barely getting by the Yanks again, I hate these close games. Still going to be fun to see the NY media go crazy cause the Yanks lost the first 2 games of the season.

Would love to see the O's sweep the Yanks but atleast the O's will win the 3 game series. That's a good start. ;)

KingJordan

The Marvelous One
Apr 12, 2006
Oxford, MS
[QUOTE="FdMstng99, post: 0]He may be all these things but he has been mostly right about who's taken steroids.[/quote]

I'll give my xbox to a homeless man if Manny is on that list.

Jrod

Super Elite
Oct 29, 2008
Finally Tigers pull through with a win. :rolleyes:

Ugh, Phillies were given their first win of the season I see:lol:

FdMstng99

Forum Sage
Feb 19, 2008
Maryland
[QUOTE="KingJordan, post: 0]I'll give my xbox to a homeless man if Manny is on that list.[/quote]

I don't think Manny took steroids either but still Canseco has been right most of the time. Not sure if he's just talking to get attention since he hasn't been in the news in a while.

Gran Patron'

Dedicated Member
Jun 26, 2008
Houston, TX, US of A
[QUOTE="FdMstng99, post: 0]Very sad story, Nick Adenhart of the Angels was killed in a crash.

Here is the story

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4055343[/quote]

That's insanely sad!! His dad flew out last night to watch him pitch,too. I saw the segement on ESPN and when they read the family's statement I got a little choked up. What made sad is you can hear Buck Showalter sobbing through is mic while it was been read. Sad....Oh so sad. Just 22yrs old and was on his way to become an elite pithcher in the majors.

On a brighter note. The 'stros are doing ok looks like Big Puma, Pence, Pudge, Matsui are starting off on the right track. That and rest of the team is doing good too. Are lackin is pitching not the greatest at the moment.

Jrod

Super Elite
Oct 29, 2008
Saddened by Adenhart's tragic death, he played a great game last night too. :( Hopefully the Angels will be able to bounce back and produce a great season despite it all.

FdMstng99

Forum Sage
Feb 19, 2008
Maryland
[QUOTE="Jrod, post: 0]Saddened by Adenhart's tragic death, he played a great game last night too. :( Hopefully the Angels will be able to bounce back and produce a great season despite it all.[/quote]

And what makes it worse is that his dad flew in from Baltimore to watch the game.

MasterKrabs78

Superior Member
Sep 19, 2006
[QUOTE=".:XterminatoR:., post: 0]haha poor yankees getting pwned

WAIT! The season has bearly begun![/quote]

Yeah exactly, this goes for everyone, and every team: Its Just the beginning of teh

season!!!!! JEEEEZZZ!! Everybody knows you can't judge a team based on

the 1st month, let alone opening week!!! Remember last year in 08 when the

Diamond Backs had the best record in baseball 1 month into the season?

Well look at what happened, they didn't even make it to the playoffs. I think

everyone needs to chillax a bit and not make such harsh Judgments towards

team as of yet...

xBSGeorge

Elite Member
Oct 13, 2007
I would love for someone to find me a person out there who honestly believed that Blue Jays would be leading in runs scored after the first 5 games of the season and tied for homeruns.

Of course this probably won't last but damn, I thought they would have started 1 - 4 not the other way around.