MLB Thread

Jrod

Super Elite
Oct 29, 2008
[QUOTE="Gran Patron', post: 0]C'mon Astros, last place in the division right now. 4 game losing streak not doing good to begin the season. We got the pirates tomorrow so hopefully we can get a W.[/quote]

I'm rootin' for the Astros as well, I love Pudge :p

I cannot stand Michigan's weather, it's disgusting outside and it led to the White Sox game to being PPD. :cuss

FdMstng99

Forum Sage
Feb 19, 2008
Maryland
[QUOTE="Jrod, post: 0]I'm rootin' for the Astros as well, I love Pudge :p

I cannot stand Michigan's weather, it's disgusting outside and it led to the White Sox game to being PPD. :cuss[/quote]

I like Pudge too. I can easily see Pudge never wanting to retire like Ricky Henderson.

Gran Patron'

Dedicated Member
Jun 26, 2008
Houston, TX, US of A
Oh yeah, I was excited when I heard we got Pudge. I always liked him as well really good addition to the team. Geez Louise, Astros loose again to the Pirates but the season is still young there's tons of baseball still to play.

One advantage we have here in Minute Maid Park is our re-tractable roof stadium. When we have ****ty weather it can be closed.

Jrod

Super Elite
Oct 29, 2008
[QUOTE="nskinnear, post: 0]The Orioles are in 1st place. Just sayin' 8)[/quote]

They are having a great start. Wonder if they can keep this up the next 154 games :rolleyes:

FdMstng99

Forum Sage
Feb 19, 2008
Maryland
[QUOTE="Jrod, post: 0]They are having a great start. Wonder if they can keep this up the next 154 games :rolleyes:[/quote]

I'm just going to throw this out there and say no they won't be able to keep it up. The O's always start off good but then around the all star break they just lose it. At least its fun to watch at the beginning of the season.

Gran Patron'

Dedicated Member
Jun 26, 2008
Houston, TX, US of A
[QUOTE="FdMstng99, post: 0]I'm just going to throw this out there and say no they won't be able to keep it up. The O's always start off good but then around the all star break they just lose it. At least its fun to watch at the beginning of the season.[/quote]

The Astros are the quite opposite they start off like crap then on the 2nd half of the season they begin to push it. They been known to do that the last couple of seasons but I think that's stupid. If they play on a consistent level then you wont have make a push for it at the end.

FdMstng99

Forum Sage
Feb 19, 2008
Maryland
I don't know what it is with the Orioles and Ranger games but the Rangers always have a game where they just destroy the Orioles. Last night it was 19-6. Last year they beat the O's 30-3 so thats a little better.

Gran Patron'

Dedicated Member
Jun 26, 2008
Houston, TX, US of A
All right, 'Stros on a 2 game win streak. Big Puma hit a clutch 3-run HR on the 6th for the go-ahead win. Funny cuase the announcers where talking about how a right handed Berkman is less productive than a left handed Berkman while he was at bat. Then.....BOOOM...outta the ball park.

Pic: Big PUM comes through!!!

Jrod

Super Elite
Oct 29, 2008
Ugh there is loose talk that Cabrera might head to the Red Sox.

I hate Tiger's Management and I hate loose talk.

Gran Patron'

Dedicated Member
Jun 26, 2008
Houston, TX, US of A
[QUOTE="Jrod, post: 0]Ugh there is loose talk that Cabrera might head to the Red Sox.

I hate Tiger's Management and I hate loose talk.[/quote]

Oh man, I havent heard of that as of yet. If it were to happend I think the Tigers might ask alot in return. Wonder why he's in trade talks? He's a one heck of a ball player.

FdMstng99

Forum Sage
Feb 19, 2008
Maryland
[QUOTE="Gran Patron', post: 0]Oh man, I havent heard of that as of yet. If it were to happend I think the Tigers might ask alot in return. Wonder why he's in trade talks? He's a one heck of a ball player.[/quote]

Probably would be a salary dump on the Tigers part.

Gran Patron'

Dedicated Member
Jun 26, 2008
Houston, TX, US of A
[QUOTE="FdMstng99, post: 0]Probably would be a salary dump on the Tigers part.[/quote]

Yeah, that makes sense.

On the other hand last night game with the 'Stros I friggin called it. Valverde blows a save gives up a go-head lead homer. Then on the bottom of the 9th men on 1st and 2nd base and only one out. Jason Smith comes to bat and just what I said....swing....ground ball DOUBLE PLAY!! I was so PO'd.

rmac694203 said:
Cubs fan here. I went to the Cubs-Cardinals game yesterday actually. Great game with a great ending.

Soriano is a beast.
Yup, looks like he always comes through. Ya boys up there got a good team.

Fedos

Master Guru
Feb 21, 2005
I like Cabrera. I hope nothing comes of this trade. Tigers are doing alright so far, a heck of a lot better than this time last year.

Jrod

Super Elite
Oct 29, 2008
I was out and about majority of the day so I didn't get a chance to watch the Cleveland/New York game but after watching the highlights:

Hey Yankees, good job on setting new records for your newly built stadium-next time try setting some for the good of your team. :p

And Jackson was great last night against Seattle, so far the Tigers have had four shut outs and have had at least 8 hits every game so far this season. MUCH better than last year:rolleyes:

FdMstng99

Forum Sage
Feb 19, 2008
Maryland
[QUOTE="Gran Patron', post: 0]Good god, I just saw yesterday's score for the Yankees game they lost 4-22. DAMN!

Watchin the 'Stros right now, beautiful day here today the last 2 days it was rainin' cats and dogs!![/quote]

Was watching that Yankee game yesterday and I thought it was great. :lol:

Really hate those Yanks and that stadium was just completely empty after that 14 run 2nd inning.

Fedos

Master Guru
Feb 21, 2005
Tigers got an impressive series win against the Mariners today. Their starting pitching has really improved over last year's, and the bats have been heating up. I have a lot of high hopes for the team this year, I think this could be a year of redemption.

Jrod

Super Elite
Oct 29, 2008
[QUOTE="Fedos, post: 0]Tigers got an impressive series win against the Mariners today. Their starting pitching has really improved over last year's, and the bats have been heating up. I have a lot of high hopes for the team this year, I think this could be a year of redemption.[/quote]

Completely agree, our pitching isn't phenomenal but it's a lot better than what we've seen and hits are coming out of nowhere! Like I said in an earlier post-the Tigers have had at least 8 hits per game so far this year.

Dec 11, 2008
What is everyones take on that HR call in the Yankees game?

To me it looked like EVERYONE whiffed on it and the ball landed, untouched, on top of the wall. Either way, I hated the unnecessary delay in the game! Booooo instant replay.

FdMstng99

Forum Sage
Feb 19, 2008
Maryland
[QUOTE="Jrod, post: 0]Saying that Ortiz needs a right hand man since Manny is gone and Jason Bay isn't always 'there'.[/quote]

If the Red Sox are willing to give up good prospects for Cabrera I can see the Tigers moving him. Tigers should take advantage of Ortiz not hitting to get some young great talent.

TLenn5

Superior Member
Jun 2, 2008
yall can say whatever yall want but watch out for the Rangers.... Millwood is looking amazing,Nelson Cruz has the 3rd most homeruns since his return last year, Andrus is great and so is Davis(by the way the are a combined 43 years old) Kinsler is great, Young is a monster and Hamilton well that speaks for itslef

FdMstng99

Forum Sage
Feb 19, 2008
Maryland
[QUOTE="TLenn5, post: 0]yall can say whatever yall want but watch out for the Rangers.... Millwood is looking amazing,Nelson Cruz has the 3rd most homeruns since his return last year, Andrus is great and so is Davis(by the way the are a combined 43 years old) Kinsler is great, Young is a monster and Hamilton well that speaks for itslef[/quote]

The Rangers always had good offense, its just the pitching isn't there.