MLB Thread

Gran Patron'

Dedicated Member
Jun 26, 2008
Houston, TX, US of A
[QUOTE="FdMstng99, post: 0]Was watching that Yankee game yesterday and I thought it was great. :lol:

Really hate those Yanks and that stadium was just completely empty after that 14 run 2nd inning.[/quote]

I never really hated the Yanks but never really cared for'em. They got some talent but at the moment it isnt showing anywhere. Whenever they play the BoSox's I root for them becuase I cant stand Boston I despise them.

Speakin of the Rangers they aired last years home run derby a few nights ago.That was pretty insane that boy Hamilton was just rippin'em out of old yankee stadium. Amazing how he turned his life around.

FdMstng99

Forum Sage
Feb 19, 2008
Maryland
[QUOTE="Gran Patron', post: 0]I never really hated the Yanks but never really cared for'em. They got some talent but at the moment it isnt showing anywhere. Whenever they play the BoSox's I root for them becuase I cant stand Boston I despise them.

Speakin of the Rangers they aired last years home run derby a few nights ago.That was pretty insane that boy Hamilton was just rippin'em out of old yankee stadium. Amazing how he turned his life around.[/quote]

I just can't stand the Yanks, they just think they can buy a World Series every year. So far their investment isn't going so well. ;)

Yeah Josh Hamilton has a great story of turning his life around. I have no problems rooting for Hamilton when watching a Ranger game.

Jrod

Super Elite
Oct 29, 2008
[QUOTE="TLenn5, post: 0]yall can say whatever yall want but watch out for the Rangers.... Millwood is looking amazing,Nelson Cruz has the 3rd most homeruns since his return last year, Andrus is great and so is Davis(by the way the are a combined 43 years old) Kinsler is great, Young is a monster and Hamilton well that speaks for itslef[/quote]

It's only the beginning of the season take it easy. If you want to look at it that way the weak pitched Tigers did sweep the Rangers :shock:

JoNJoN

Superior Member
Oct 21, 2007
What's the thread title? Did the Marlins sign Pete Rose and I missed it or are people stunned by their record so far?

AJJets

Dedicated Member
Jan 4, 2006
There record. I am not surprised by there record. They were up there for the playoff contention last year.

UnReaL

Forum Guru
Oct 19, 2006
Is it that time again. Marlins rebuilding is finished and now they will win the pennant. After that they will break it down again. If Florida wins this year, I will say they are the greatest organization ever!

Champs, break down, wait a few years, Champs, break down, wait...continuous cycle?

FdMstng99

Forum Sage
Feb 19, 2008
Maryland
Brad Bergesen made is ML debut last night for the O's. Pitched a great game, just what the Orioles needed. Now they just need to bring up the other pitchers they have in the minors and the rotation will be set.

Congrats to Bergy for a great start. ;)

JoNJoN

Superior Member
Oct 21, 2007
[QUOTE="UnReaL, post: 0]Is it that time again. Marlins rebuilding is finished and now they will win the pennant. After that they will break it down again. If Florida wins this year, I will say they are the greatest organization ever!

Champs, break down, wait a few years, Champs, break down, wait...continuous cycle?[/quote]

It is their year if you go by the numbers. They won in 1997 then dismantled completely. 6 years later in 2003 they won again then dismantled totally again. Now its 6 years later and who knows what will happen....

I hope this Pittsburgh series isn't an early indicator of their stamina through out the season.

FdMstng99

Forum Sage
Feb 19, 2008
Maryland
[QUOTE="Gran Patron', post: 0]Haha.....that pretty fu**** up!

Astros pull of the series against the Dodgers 2-1 pretty good series. Had a chance to see Manny being Manny that dude can swing a bat. Next up "The Brew Crew".[/quote]

The Brew Crew is coming in playing some pretty good ball, the Astros better be on there game.

Gran Patron'

Dedicated Member
Jun 26, 2008
Houston, TX, US of A
[QUOTE="FdMstng99, post: 0]The Brew Crew is coming in playing some pretty good ball, the Astros better be on there game.[/quote]

Oh yeah, the brew has been playing some pretty good ball so far. I like Ryan Braun young player with some amazing batting ability.Watching the game now, damn Astros we were up 2-0 on the bottom of the 4th and what happends......top of the 5th the brew crew scores 3 runs. GREAAAAATTT!!:no

FdMstng99

Forum Sage
Feb 19, 2008
Maryland
[QUOTE="the_End, post: 0]The one record that surprises me is the Blue Jays. 13-5, best start since 1992, yeah I'm shocked :lol:[/quote]

Yeah, Cito Gaston has the Jays playing some great ball. You just have to wonder if its going to last, after all it is still April.

Blu-Ray

Elite Sage
Jul 9, 2006
There are 4 teams in the AL Central with 9 wins... I hate being a Tigers fan! You have to compete with these teams every year. :(

JoNJoN

Superior Member
Oct 21, 2007
Well thank goodness for the Miami Heat. I have no idea what has happened to the Marlins. What a difference a week makes. Last Sunday were riding high at 11-1 and the talk of the league. Now were 11-7 and still the talk of the league for all the wrong reasons. Hopefully they can turn it around somehow tonight against the Mets.

Gran Patron'

Dedicated Member
Jun 26, 2008
Houston, TX, US of A
What a turn around for the Marlins losing 6 straight. That's what I like about baseball teams can be a fire one day then go completely cold the next.

Was seeing the Yanks and Red Sox game last night and the steal of home base was completely over-rated. They weren't even expecting it Pettite gots a long whined up to begin with than throws a breaking pitch. That was a give-away on the Yankees part,unknowingly.

ex nihilo7

Master Poster
Nov 13, 2006
[QUOTE="FdMstng99, post: 0]If the Red Sox are willing to give up good prospects for Cabrera I can see the Tigers moving him. Tigers should take advantage of Ortiz not hitting to get some young great talent.[/quote]
Cabrera is only 24! :lol: Are there still loose talks? I think Dombrowski said that the rumors were ridiculous or something to that effect.

Gran Patron'

Dedicated Member
Jun 26, 2008
Houston, TX, US of A
Till this day I havent heard of any talks, at least around here, about Cabrera being dealt or named in trade discusssions. If this had any truth to it it would be all over the MLB news already. That and the RedSox's are on a hot streak as of now.

On the other hand the 'Stros will hopefully bring their brooms tonight as they seek the sweep the Reds.

Jrod

Super Elite
Oct 29, 2008
Yeah it seems it was only a rumor and was left in the water to drown.

Wish I'm glad, of course!

Red Sox lost to Cleveland. Streak over. :snicker

FdMstng99

Forum Sage
Feb 19, 2008
Maryland
[QUOTE="ex nihilo7, post: 0]Cabrera is only 24! :lol: Are there still loose talks? I think Dombrowski said that the rumors were ridiculous or something to that effect.[/quote]

That was about a week ago, who knows what the rumor is now.

TLenn5

Superior Member
Jun 2, 2008
This is the year of the crappy teams lol...Seatle,Kansas city,toronto i love it lol
and the rangers are doing very good and will do better this year than we have ever done and maybe even playoffs

FdMstng99

Forum Sage
Feb 19, 2008
Maryland
[QUOTE="TLenn5, post: 0]This is the year of the crappy teams lol...Seatle,Kansas city,toronto i love it lol
and the rangers are doing very good and will do better this year than we have ever done and maybe even playoffs[/quote]

It's only May, doubt they will hang on.

Gran Patron'

Dedicated Member
Jun 26, 2008
Houston, TX, US of A
The signifigance if a team will win the division or clinch the wild card doesn't come to almost after the all-star break or nearing the end. That's why is so important to start off in a consistant level. I hate losing more than I love winning and it ticks me off when the 'Stros are winning 4-0 in the middle innings then lose the game 9-4. Just ridicoulous ,that's why were dead last in the division right now so many games we shoud've won. Damn, bullpen aint doin jack sh** right now.

But just like it happens every year we make it run for it at the end and then eventually fail.

FdMstng99

Forum Sage
Feb 19, 2008
Maryland
[QUOTE="Jrod, post: 0]How about them Dodgers:D 20-8, still can't stand Weaver though..[/quote]

Undefeated at home, the Dodgers are playing some great baseball. Wonder if the Yanks wish they had Torre back. :lol:

Gran Patron'

Dedicated Member
Jun 26, 2008
Houston, TX, US of A
Dodgers aint doin that bad just tied the MLB record of 12 undefeated homes games to start the season. The skipper is doin' a helluva job managing them.

Anybody watch E60 on ESPN last night?...They had a segment on Dustin Pedrioa and WOW.....that guy is a straight up A-hole. Just like he mentioned you either like'em or you hate'em. He reminds me of my buddy's brother if you dont know him he comes off like a STRAIGHT UP a**. I can put up with his sh** since I know'em but there's more people who can stand him.