MLB Thread

Funeralfog

Master Guru
Nov 19, 2008
Camas, Washington USA
[QUOTE="THUGGEDOUT, post: 0]Yanks kings of the East and against Boston, I love it...[/quote]

how perfect was it that they got their 100th win, clinched home-field advantage, AND won the east against Boston? seems only right to me

Fedos

Master Guru
Feb 21, 2005
YES! The Tigers just have to beat the Twins tomorrow and we'll win the Central. Although we'd have to face the dreaded Yankees:( Series still have to be played though. And baseball isn't as predictable as other sports (ie Cardinals winning it all in 05, against my Tigers:mad:). Still, I'm not a deluded fan, I know it would be tough to beat the Yankees. But we have been showing a lot of moxie this month (despite the six game skid) with the Twins breathing down our necks and playing lights out baseball for the month. There's always hope I guess.

FdMstng99

Forum Sage
Feb 19, 2008
Maryland
[QUOTE="Fedos, post: 0]YES! The Tigers just have to beat the Twins tomorrow and we'll win the Central. Although we'd have to face the dreaded Yankees:( Series still have to be played though. And baseball isn't as predictable as other sports (ie Cardinals winning it all in 05, against my Tigers:mad:). Still, I'm not a deluded fan, I know it would be tough to beat the Yankees. But we have been showing a lot of moxie this month (despite the six game skid) with the Twins breathing down our necks and playing lights out baseball for the month. There's always hope I guess.[/quote]

Seems like the Yankees like to blow it in the playoffs so I wouldn't write off the Tigers. ;)

Fedos

Master Guru
Feb 21, 2005
I can't believe that the Tigers let the White Sox play spoiler:( I honestly don't have a lot of faith that we'll beat the Twins. They're just playing lights out baseball, and they believe, unlike our guys, who are probably sulking because they gave up a 3 game lead:( If we don't make it, I guess I want to see a Cardinals/Yankees matchup, or maybe Dodgers/Yankees (would make for an interesting dynamic, because of Joe Torre).

FdMstng99

Forum Sage
Feb 19, 2008
Maryland
Is baseball over with yet. I think the season is just too long. During spring training I just can't wait for the season to start but around the all star break I'm pretty much not interested any more. Anyone else think the season is just too long?

Fedos

Master Guru
Feb 21, 2005
It's a 3 to 1 lead. WAY too much baseball left to be played with a lead like this. But I'm like you. COME ON TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jrod

Super Elite
Oct 29, 2008
In al honesty Tigers deserved to get sent home and Leyland needs to get fired. Plain and simple, another Detroit team in the record books this time the Tigers are the first time to blow a seven game lead in a division. Awesome.

Let's Go Halos!

Gran Patron'

Dedicated Member
Jun 26, 2008
Houston, TX, US of A
Wow, what a CHOKE by the Cards Holliday and Pujols were no where to be found. Im glad the Dodgers won also LAA image what kind of series that'll be if it were to come about. I hope the Rockies come back and win the series but I dont see that happening.

Sep 11, 2007
Philly
[QUOTE="Gran Patron', post: 0]Yup, Yanks could take it today. It's quite an obstacle to come back from a 3-1 deficit and it dont see the Phils doing that. A-rod shows why his the 2nd best player in the majors.[/quote]

i see this going to 7.

id take lee any day, but against a short rested burnett definitely.
i like the matchup of pedro vs short rested pettite.

of course the bats of the best 1-8 in the league need resuscitation, especially howard, to help out the cause. howard gets hot and they cant pitch around utley or werth. if they start hitting like they did in the nlds and nlcs, nothings impossible.

if it goes to 7, itll all come down to whether or not hamels can get his head out of his ***. if he keeps sayin he cant wait for the season to be over then someone else should get the start in that situation. his heads not in the game at all

GO PHILS!

Gran Patron'

Dedicated Member
Jun 26, 2008
Houston, TX, US of A
[QUOTE="Shibby, post: 0]i see this going to 7.

id take lee any day, but against a short rested burnett definitely.
i like the matchup of pedro vs short rested pettite.

of course the bats of the best 1-8 in the league need resuscitation, especially howard, to help out the cause. howard gets hot and they cant pitch around utley or werth. if they start hitting like they did in the nlds and nlcs, nothings impossible.

if it goes to 7, itll all come down to whether or not hamels can get his head out of his ***. if he keeps sayin he cant wait for the season to be over then someone else should get the start in that situation. his heads not in the game at all

GO PHILS![/quote]

I agree there. Hopefully the Phils can stretch it out to a 7th game. Man, Utley is on fire at moment I was shocked when he hit 2 homers again. Howard needs to wake up to give the Phils offense more pep. Even 8 runs was barely enough to beat the Yanks tells you that you cant never relax against the Yanks even with a comfortalbe lead. I like Pedro and I hope he comes through in game 6. If I was Charlie I start Hamels if it goes to game 7 but I soon as I see'em give up a few runs time for a change. Phils cant afford to fall to deep in a game 7 situation.

I want the Phils to win but I dont see it happening the Bombers ,I believe, will take game 6.

Aug 26, 2005
With the Yankees I guess it pays to have the biggest payroll of any other American sports team.

They've bought 27 WS titles and counting!

Ixion

Ultimate Veteran
Nov 29, 2005
New York
[QUOTE="Perfect Sin, post: 0]With the Yankees I guess it pays to have the biggest payroll of any other American sports team.

They've bought 27 WS titles and counting![/quote]

John25

Elite Sage
Apr 8, 2008
oh yess the Yankee,s do it again Take that efs lol .Anyways me being from the UK didnt get to watch the world series but was checking all the time on MLB.com i do try and catch a Yankee,s game when i can as a TV channel over here usually shows LIVE Games like the NFL but anyway well done Yankee,s

Funeralfog

Master Guru
Nov 19, 2008
Camas, Washington USA
[QUOTE="Perfect Sin, post: 0]With the Yankees I guess it pays to have the biggest payroll of any other American sports team.

They've bought 27 WS titles and counting![/quote]

Steinbrenner takes a LOSS paying his players to win, everyone would LOVE to have an owner that dedicated. im sorry your team owner is a tightwad. you're probably a loser cubs fan, and even they pay the big bucks for loser players

coolguy

Ultimate Veteran
May 24, 2005
long island ny
iam gald baseball is over the past few weeks in the local paper yankees this and yankees
that. and i shut my friend up he said wow the yankees are great. i said umm no
if they where great they would not have went 9 years with out a world series.
that shut him up lol

$Greatness$

Master Poster
Sep 4, 2009
Baltimore, MD
Well, I'll re-open this thread with this...

The Orioles have traded for Kevin Millwood! Too bad they didn't get him when he was coming from the Indians! None the less, he is an Oriole now! CHAMPIONSHIP? XD