Modern Warfare 3 Spec Ops Survival Trailer

EHY893

Elite Guru
Jun 4, 2008
That looks awesome. I actually prefer the look of this over Zombies. I'll probably be spending a lot of time on this mode.

zoidy84

Forum Elder
Feb 3, 2009
Plymouth, UK
I realy can't understand how people are getting excited about this? Activision keep bringing out the same rubbish Zombies side game and everyone hates. So IW bring out Survival, which lets be honest is Zombies that aren't dead and instead have guns BUT without 4 player and people go wild for it?

Zombies is crap .... Survival will be crap!

Why get rid of spec-ops for zombies? The worst idea there ever was!! I want to meet the people will told IW that 'everyone wants a zombies style side game' cos he needs a true pistol whipping!

EHY893

Elite Guru
Jun 4, 2008
[QUOTE="zoidy84, post: 5630537]I realy can't understand how people are getting excited about this? Activision keep bringing out the same rubbish Zombies side game and everyone hates. So IW bring out Survival, which lets be honest is Zombies that aren't dead and instead have guns BUT without 4 player and people go wild for it?

Why get rid of spec-ops for zombies? The worst idea there ever was!! I want to meet the people will told IW that 'everyone wants a zombies style side game' cos he needs a true pistol whipping![/QUOTE]
I actually don't much like Zombies but this new Spec Ops mode looks really good. Everyone has different opinions and for the most part I think people like what they see here.

Anubis79

Superior Member
Jul 6, 2008
[QUOTE="zoidy84, post: 5630537]I realy can't understand how people are getting excited about this? Activision keep bringing out the same rubbish Zombies side game and everyone hates. So IW bring out Survival, which lets be honest is Zombies that aren't dead and instead have guns BUT without 4 player and people go wild for it?

Why get rid of spec-ops for zombies? The worst idea there ever was!! I want to meet the people will told IW that 'everyone wants a zombies style side game' cos he needs a true pistol whipping![/QUOTE]

Woo hoo ranting and moaning with zero knowledge! Know how I know you have zero idea about what you're saying? This mode does not replace mission-based Spec-Ops, it is just another mode for Spec-Ops. Also, this is nothing like zombies. The only similarity is that you have a group of enemies coming at you at once. It's much closer to the wave/get to a specific point missions in MW2's Spec-Ops except now there's no end.

As for the reason it's only 2 player, FourZeroTwo said the point is to be overwhelmed by the waves of enemies and having four players would mean having to increase the enemies to keep the difficulty up, and this just put a strain on the system and was detrimental to the intended experience.

Steve

Forum Sage
Nov 19, 2008
Columbia, MO
Quoting my friend, "Dude, it's just Halo Firefight in Call of Duty". I'm not a big Halo guy so I never played firefight, so I wouldn't know. Just throwing his thought out there to see what you guys think.

Naxi

The Dawkness!
Sep 3, 2006
UK
www.last.fm
[QUOTE="SchaffinOSX, post: 5632604]Quoting my friend, "Dude, it's just Halo Firefight in Call of Duty". I'm not a big Halo guy so I never played firefight, so I wouldn't know. Just throwing his thought out there to see what you guys think.[/QUOTE]A lot of games have been adopting this kind of survival mode, so it really isn't that special anymore. I'm not against the addition though.

Aug 6, 2011
I can say for sure that it would be a heck of a lot better if it was 4 players instead of only 2.
Hopefully they'll change it to 4 before the game comes out so survival mode will be worth playing. Otherwise, Battlefield will take over CoD