Mods on Fallout 4

Ghost

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 12, 2009
So Xbox has got mods for FO4 that were previously only available to PC users. This has been done before I believe in UT but not to this degree. It's a pretty huge milestone in gaming that's up there with x-platform play on Rocket League. So far I haven't seen many complaints and I'm a pretty active lurker on the FO4 reddit and official forums. It's coming to PS4 sometime this month and it's pretty fucking cool because the amount of content and bug fixes that the community make swamps what Bethesda will make. It will be interesting to see how this pans out and if other devs follow suit.

Nerevar

Sonata Dusk
Staff member
Aug 27, 2005
Equestria
As long as they don't try charging for mods again it's good to see it coming to consoles finally. Mods are amazing and dramatically improve the gaming experience.

Fijiandoce

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 8, 2007
Yeah, its amazing the amount of stuff the fans polish up on bethesda's behalf. There was that one Oblivion mod where someone went through and fixed the co-ordinates of all the large floating boulders that weren't originally placed properly by the devs. Recently, two guys finished up their work on fixing Bethesda's goof with Dawnguard DLC where lip-sync was utterly broken. Apparently, it was something entirely fixable on their end since they actually have the source code to work with, and the modders don't.

However, the lack of a Script-Extender that the PC versions are accustomed to using means the mods will be smaller in scope than their PC counterparts, and some of the more important gameplay fixes may be incompatible on console.

Fijiandoce

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 8, 2007
Digital Foundry put out some early performance figures from a few mods:
[video=youtube;CPnQp_9CLAs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPnQp_9CLAs[/video]