Monza Race Video 12th Dec :D

ripmax

Superior Member
Nov 20, 2006
Here's a video of a race some of us here did on Monza last night, I've put in some current standings as well which will pop up every now and then ;)
Don't forget to click the like button and watch in HD ;)

Part 1:
[video=youtube;ygeChFqtv2A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygeChFqtv2A[/video]

Part 2:
[video=youtube;tBoLDK7zO_w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBoLDK7zO_w[/video]

Last edited:

Arkano6

Elite Guru
May 27, 2008
Southampton
You need to tell us who we're watching , and stop using the TV cams!!!

The TV cams are atrocious. FAR more interesting to watch things from the racers perspective. Use a mix of them all ;).

Other than that, it's all good :).

EDIT: You missed most of my fight with GTRacer! :(.

Last edited:

keefy

Supreme Veteran
Nov 18, 2007
The Sock Gap
[QUOTE="Arkano6, post: 5311821]You need to tell us who we're watching , and stop using the TV cams!!!

The TV cams are atrocious. FAR more interesting to watch things from the racers perspective. Use a mix of them all ;).

[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the exact same but didnt want to be the first to say it.

ripmax

Superior Member
Nov 20, 2006
[QUOTE="Arkano6, post: 5311821]You need to tell us who we're watching , and stop using the TV cams!!!

Other than that, it's all good :).

EDIT: You missed most of my fight with GTRacer! :(.[/QUOTE]
I don't know why but you can't change cams, you can only use TV cams in replays of online races :(

keefy

Supreme Veteran
Nov 18, 2007
The Sock Gap
[QUOTE="ripmax, post: 5311873]I don't know why but you can't change cams, you can only use TV cams in replays of online races :([/QUOTE]

Were you the host? If not then that maybe why.

Arkano6

Elite Guru
May 27, 2008
Southampton
[QUOTE="keefy, post: 5311881]Were you the host? If not then that maybe why.[/QUOTE]

He was the host though.

[QUOTE="ripmax, post: 5311873]I don't know why but you can't change cams, you can only use TV cams in replays of online races :([/QUOTE]

In that case...Back to F1 2010 style videos, unless you end up forever alone at the back :p.

If it's possible, a mix of the replay TV cams and 'during-race-footage' could make for a great video?

*goo

Elite Guru
Aug 2, 2008
If you're playing back a saved replay, you should be able to change the camera to another racer. Can't remember off hand how to do it but when you get a list of racers up the top right, the option should be there.

Will investigate later and get the steps required.

ripmax

Superior Member
Nov 20, 2006
[QUOTE="Arkano6, post: 5311884]He was the host though.

In that case...Back to F1 2010 style videos, unless you end up forever alone at the back :p.

If it's possible, a mix of the replay TV cams and 'during-race-footage' could make for a great video?[/QUOTE]
That would mean I'd have to play in crappy component 720p instead of the glorious 1080p I prefer to use with HDMI :(

Arkano6

Elite Guru
May 27, 2008
Southampton
[QUOTE="ripmax, post: 5311900]That would mean I'd have to play in crappy component 720p instead of the glorious 1080p I prefer to use with HDMI :([/QUOTE]

But 720p has 4xAA :snicker.

ripmax

Superior Member
Nov 20, 2006
[QUOTE="*goo, post: 5311896]If you're playing back a saved replay, you should be able to change the camera to another racer. Can't remember off hand how to do it but when you get a list of racers up the top right, the option should be there.

Will investigate later and get the steps required.[/QUOTE]
I was switching between players in this video ;)
The only thing I can't do in online replays is change camera views, it's just stuck on TV cams, but hopefully PD will patch it sometime to make it like the offline single player replays where you can change cams.

ripmax

Superior Member
Nov 20, 2006
[QUOTE="Arkano6, post: 5311910]Just get online on GT5 and join my room! :).[/QUOTE]
I'll come until 8pm the I got to go out ;)

*goo

Elite Guru
Aug 2, 2008
[QUOTE="ripmax, post: 5311908]I was switching between players in this video ;)
The only thing I can't do in online replays is change camera views, it's just stuck on TV cams, but hopefully PD will patch it sometime to make it like the offline single player replays where you can change cams.[/QUOTE]

Just had a quick check and you're absolutely right. Whoopsey!

:)

ripmax

Superior Member
Nov 20, 2006
[QUOTE="mcav, post: 5311940]Who was the tube who missed practically every chicane?[/QUOTE]

I noticed kyaw cut a few chicanes and I think arkano cut one also.

F.C.U.M.

Superior Member
Apr 22, 2007
Manchester, UK.
[QUOTE="mcav, post: 5313493]What is the point? I hope they patch in serious penalties for that.[/QUOTE]

The only point, is that if youre in a race with others who are doing it, then why not? If the game lets you do something, then people will take advantage of it, always. But I agree, it should be patched.

Omar

Forum Overseer
May 29, 2005
Addison, TX.
Wow that was online? I can't believe it.

I didn't realize it was an online race until I read the thread. Thought it was a single player race. I'm surprised to find no lag at all. Is it really like that? Surely there's some lag?

pizzamonkio

Superior Member
Mar 28, 2008
[QUOTE="mcav, post: 5313493]What is the point? I hope they patch in serious penalties for that.[/QUOTE]

When you set up the race you can include penalties. You can be penalized up to 10 seconds for cutting corners.

Arkano6

Elite Guru
May 27, 2008
Southampton
[QUOTE="pizzamonkio, post: 5314079]When you set up the race you can include penalties. You can be penalized up to 10 seconds for cutting corners.[/QUOTE]

The penalty system doesn't recognise when you cut the Monza chicanes..:(.

[QUOTE="Sufi, post: 5314051]Wow that was online? I can't believe it.

I didn't realize it was an online race until I read the thread. Thought it was a single player race. I'm surprised to find no lag at all. Is it really like that? Surely there's some lag?[/QUOTE]

Yeah that was online. There can be lag, depends on both the hosts connection and your personal connection. Me and Ripmax have been hosting F1 2010 rooms since it came out, so we know our connection can handle it.

To be fair, there were a few moments of lag. On the first lap when Kyaw was first and I was right behind him, on my screen; I braked early to account for his car, but according to him I rammed him off the track when I was a good car length behind.

But other than that, everything was fine. Even my fight with GTRacer at the end there didn't have much lag at all.

Kyaw

Master Sage
Jul 30, 2008
[QUOTE="Arkano6, post: 5314112]
To be fair, there were a few moments of lag. On the first lap when Kyaw was first and I was right behind him, on my screen; I braked early to account for his car, but according to him I rammed him off the track when I was a good car length behind.

But other than that, everything was fine. Even my fight with GTRacer at the end there didn't have much lag at all.[/QUOTE]

Yup, that was definitely lag.

I noticed kyaw cut a few chicanes and I think arkano cut one also.
I started to cut after people said they cut them all the time.. :snicker