Mortal Kombat 11 launch trailer is full of hype, Techno Syndrome, and Shao Kahn!

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006

In the trailer, Kronika, the Keeper of Time, has signaled for a new era to begin as she tries to rewind time to its beginning and restart history. In order to restore balance to the realms, players must take on the role of numerous fighters from different eras, culminating in the ultimate generational clash as current characters collide with their past selves.

The launch trailer features both cinematic story moments coupled with crushing gameplay showcasing the growing roster of confirmed playable fighters in Mortal Kombat 11, including Scorpion, Raiden, Sub-Zero, Sonya Blade, Skarlet, Baraka, Geras, Kano, D’Vorah, Kabal, Jade, Johnny Cage, Cassie Cage, Erron Black, Jacqui Briggs, Kotal Kahn, Noob Saibot, Liu Kang, Kung Lao, Jax Briggs, Cetrion, The Kollector, Kitana, and Shao Kahn.
Pretty cool trailer.

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
One more character reveal: Frost

She's okay, I guess... =/

I'm hearing stuff about microtransactions in this game. Apparently they're purely cosmetic, which is fine, but this new in-game currency seems to have been designed to get past a long, grueling grind after accumulating enough "time crystals". Another issue is that certain character towers are blocked off by a requisite to perform pointless obstacles with randomized rewards, which is a shame because the core gameplay of MK11 appears to be really good.

Last edited:

nextgen3

Super Elite
May 15, 2006
Wales, UK
Im terrible at fighting games looks great though but I can't get into them tbh. The cosmetics I heard would cost around £6400 to unlock everything in game. But i assume ed boon is looking at it to make ways to make it less challenging to get diffrent outfits or whatnot at a better grind.

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
All of that can be unlocked in the Krypt if you just play the game and earn the coins for free.

sainraja

Forum Sage
Jun 16, 2006
www.hussainraja.com
So, I got the game yesterday and when I put it in my PS4 Pro to install it was almost instantaneous, the only thing I had to wait for was the update (that only took about 6 mins); I could have started the game without the update, anyone know why or how this is the case?

I know PS4 & Pro allows you to start playing early even while installing but I don't think this was the case as it didn't say that.

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
So, I got the game yesterday and when I put it in my PS4 Pro to install it was almost instantaneous, the only thing I had to wait for was the update (that only took about 6 mins); I could have started the game without the update, anyone know why or how this is the case?

I know PS4 & Pro allows you to start playing early even while installing but I don't think this was the case as it didn't say that.
Probably something to do with online multiplayer. What does the update notes say? Press options on the MK11 and view update

sainraja

Forum Sage
Jun 16, 2006
www.hussainraja.com
Probably something to do with online multiplayer. What does the update notes say? Press options on the MK11 and view update
I'll do that but I think the main game install installed pretty quickly. I am tempted to uninstall and re-install just to confirm. I must have missed something but I was definitely in the game playing after 6 mins.

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
PS4 got a nice update the other day that the Switch and Xbox have not yet. Many fixes to the towers and a bonus present.