Motorstorm 3's Environment Destruction is Incredible!

[QUOTE="Kauldron, post: 5340166]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Td16eacWG60&feature=player_embedded#!

At first I was on the fence about the new urban environment for Motorstorm.

After watching this video, I'm pretty sure it is going to be awesome.

Day 1 for sure.[/QUOTE]

Dude...I didn't see one bit of digital grass within that whole video. ****!!!!! I'm not buying it now. When it comes to my games, I let the grass do the talking.

Jan 13, 2006
United States
[QUOTE="unicron7, post: 5340172]Dude...I didn't see one bit of digital grass within that whole video. ****!!!!! I'm not buying it now. When it comes to my games, I let the grass do the talking.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

Kratos88

Apprentice
Jan 31, 2009
Look as 2012 as ever which is a good thing, really like the feeling of mass destruction going around you as you try to survive should be another blockbuster from Sony.

Apr 25, 2007
Eugene, OR
[QUOTE="RedOrb_Collector, post: 5340235]I've wanted to like it for a long time since I liked Pacific Rift, but something about this game continues to feel off for me.[/QUOTE]

I really don't know what, it looks amazingly over the top and exciting to me. It would be cool if they had some neon lights and such though, just for a little more color, and maybe a central park type setting or an arboretum for a little bit of green and some more variety, imagine huge red woods catching on fire and dropping all around you and having to navigate them and drive through and over them.

YoungMullah88

PSU Live Streamer
Sep 15, 2006
Charlotte
www.playfire.com
while watching that, i couldnt help but sway back n forth dodging all the **** happening around the race. i can imagine how this will be on 3D sets. definitely a buy for me, i skipped pacific rift but ill be getting this one

mickice

Ultimate Veteran
Oct 8, 2006
Australia, In a Kangaroo's pouch.
[QUOTE="YoungMullah88, post: 5340412]while watching that, i couldnt help but sway back n forth dodging all the **** happening around the race. i can imagine how this will be on 3D sets. definitely a buy for me, i skipped pacific rift but ill be getting this one[/QUOTE]

Pacific Rift is one of the best racing games out right now. I know Apocalypse is just around the corner but your doing yourself a great disservice by not owning Pacific Rift.

Easily one of my most favorite new IP's in recent times. I own all 3 so far with many hours clocked into thos.

Jan 29, 2007
I wouldn't call is incredible just yet. Other games have done it as good or better, but that doesn't mean this isn't good. Just not incredible.

neoxthexone

Master Poster
Feb 18, 2009
England
www.movieviral.com
[QUOTE="RedDragon7, post: 5340474]I wouldn't call is incredible just yet. Other games have done it as good or better, but that doesn't mean this isn't good. Just not incredible.[/QUOTE]

There has? The only game that comes to mind is Split/Second.

ddPLaNeT

Forum Elder
Apr 7, 2008
Montreal
[QUOTE="RedDragon7, post: 5340474]I wouldn't call is incredible just yet. Other games have done it as good or better, but that doesn't mean this isn't good. Just not incredible.[/QUOTE]

Yes only split/second did it but it was totally scripted unlike in Motorstorm where it's done in real time. And besides the graphics (explosions, destructions etc.) are better in Motorstorm.

Can't wait for this bad boy !

Jan 13, 2006
United States

Did you watch all of the video?

Most notables for me are the train falling from above, the Airliner crashing in front of you, the helicopter hitting the bridge. Finally the one that I think is the most incredible is when the giant swinging bridge collapses and falls into your path while they still ran up into that thing.

I don't think I've seen anything like that before.

YoungMullah88

PSU Live Streamer
Sep 15, 2006
Charlotte
www.playfire.com
all those are also scripted lol...if you restart a race, those events will occur at the same time as the last run through.

Motorstorm is also one of my fav new franchise from sony. i imported the first motorstorm from play-asia (still have it), i skipped pacific rift because i was busy with socom. as long as this comes out before S4, ill be buying it

floetry

Forum Guru
Oct 21, 2006
don't buy into the motorstorm hype, in literally, 4 months after release, no one will be playing this game, and it'll be packaged in as a bundle, just so it can sell.:lol:

it looks coo, but im not going to hold my breath on it.

maybe for 19.99, sure..not for 63.89 after taxes..

Bio

Veteran
Aug 4, 2007
Battlefield
Looks awesome. I do want.

I'm glad Evolution decided to make sure they put the MS signature on what would've otherwise been a typical urban racer. By keeping with the vehicle variety and pushing the destruction to an absurd level, it seems to win back enough of the ridiculous detouring, variety, and ruggedness that we come to recognize in the more "traditional" offroad racing of past MotorStorms.

Yet still, I'd like to see two or three open-road tracks for the sake of the game being MotorStorm, but I wouldn't mind at all if they don't turn up. Similar to Arctic Edge taking it to the ice in their own way, this still looks like a worthy sequel in that it's now taking it to the city...in their own way.