Music Folders - Images

takuya

Superior Member
Dec 17, 2006
www.tupeck.com
When you guys rip a cd to your ps3's hard drive, does it automatically grab the disc jacket's image from the internet, like Windows Media Player does? I have always seen the images in the folders in all the Sony demo's like at GDC and such, but dont see these images in my music collection. I know how to add the image, but I was just wondering if it is supposed to grab the cover image automatically, or if I need to manually add every image myself.

Here is an example of the cover art appearing in the music folder icons:

TheDude

Elite Member
Apr 7, 2007
I think a couple of mine did it automatically but for the rest I just went on www.play.com saved the album cover, transferred to my USB flash drive and manually added to every album cover!

takuya

Superior Member
Dec 17, 2006
www.tupeck.com
[QUOTE="dreamsINdigital, post: 0]You can highlight an album, press the triangle button, and select a picture yourself from the hard drive or a flash drive.[/quote]

And if you actually read my post, you would know that I know how to do that. I am asking if this also happens automatically upon ripping the cd, or if I have to do it manually (i.e. using the process you mentioned above) everytime.

I seriously wish that people would actually read the full OP posts before responding to a thread.

Thanks guys to the ones above who answered the question. I will check some more of my discs to see if they get the album cover automatically. I am thinking that it has something to do with the record label. Maybe if its a Sony (BMG, Columbia, RCA, etc.) studio that produced the album it will actually grab the image from the web.

Muzikguy

Superior Member
Jan 28, 2007
I've got a few covers on my folders also. I think mine are because they were embedded in the song or something because I never transferred the pictures to my ps3's hdd.

takuya

Superior Member
Dec 17, 2006
www.tupeck.com
I dont think that they were embedded in the song. Most likely they images were grabbed when the PS3 requested the cd info from the CDDB. Thats how most other programs do it when you rip a disc. Info comes from the CDDB, downloads the cover and adds it to the folder.

dreamsINdigital

Dedicated Member
Dec 11, 2006
[QUOTE="takuya, post: 0]And if you actually read my post, you would know that I know how to do that. I am asking if this also happens automatically upon ripping the cd, or if I have to do it manually (i.e. using the process you mentioned above) everytime.

I seriously wish that people would actually read the full OP posts before responding to a thread.

Thanks guys to the ones above who answered the question. I will check some more of my discs to see if they get the album cover automatically. I am thinking that it has something to do with the record label. Maybe if its a Sony (BMG, Columbia, RCA, etc.) studio that produced the album it will actually grab the image from the web.[/quote]
I did read your post, but I read it wrong and didn't see the word "know". I was trying to help, but because of that you get all of my case... gee thanks... :rolleyes:

macel82

Superior Member
Jan 16, 2007
Jeez, do we need to have all this negatve energy when we're all so, so close to an update and the Warhawk beta?

Nov 23, 2006
I've so far grabbed the info from 2 discs so far and it did'nt show a pic either time...

Silent Hill 3 OST and Pitchshifter.

I was actually given 4 choices to choose from for the SH3 OST so its possible that 1 of them would have done it..

solinent

Elite Member
Jun 17, 2006
I autograbbed everything with Amarok and it embeded it automatically, then I transferred over. Amarok is for linux though.