MW3! looks terrible

Kwes

Unbound Mercenary
Mar 30, 2009
Well, honestly I don't expect it to look much better then the Black Ops. I only buy them for different maps, guns, and gameplay.

Thorzilla

Elite Sage
Feb 4, 2006
I despise Activision for turning to **** everything they touch, but the scene where you escape that ship looked awesome.

Jul 9, 2008
dont get me wrong i love games that are a a reskin of a game that was also a reskin. graphics only go skin deep. I dont think they could possibly make the online worse than blops though

Jul 3, 2009
Battlefield will be much better I hope, I am getting tired of MW =/
I didn't think it looked terrible, but I just wasn't interested in the same thing again haha

Jul 9, 2008
[QUOTE="Flaredwings, post: 5568767]Battlefield will be much better I hope, I am getting tired of MW =/
I didn't think it looked terrible, but I just wasn't interested in the same thing again haha[/QUOTE]

eh, i feel the same, except when i play cod4 online it just feels so much better than black ops or mw2 maybe im just burnt out on it

EHY893

Elite Guru
Jun 4, 2008
I thought it looked amazing and I can't wait. This year has a lot coming that interests me on Xbox 360.

Mar 11, 2006
That submarine interior scene looks nothing like a real submarine interior. They were making it look like it was wide open as a football field and that couldn't be farther from the facts, even for a supposed boomer. Even SSBN's are cramped and the bridge is a fraction of the size shown. The launch code sequence was pretty laughable. It doesn't take just a two-man key and fire buttons. There is a two part launch code that has to be joined together for the launch authorization to unlock the keys. Boomers are not fixed in place at time of launch like a land missile site, so there is some target steering that is required. Then the whole launching sequence was a real mystery, where they dug that up. It also kind of left the question where those missiles were going. Just one Trident boat has enough warheads to vaporize every major city on the planet, essentially bringing civilization as we know it to an end. There were way too many battleships in the harbor, MW3 looked more like WWII. The opening scene did look like a side show, with the main gameplay being the same old thing except in city combat on foot, just like every other CoD. Too much of the same old thing.

S

Soldier 95B

amazing game looks amazing. Excited as all hell for this. No wonder pre-orders are already crushing Black Ops pre-orders. This will be the game to beat.

Stewie Skywalker

A God Amongst Men
Sep 4, 2005
NYC
romanmfrance.com
[QUOTE="Bligmerk, post: 5568818]That submarine interior scene looks nothing like a real submarine interior. They were making it look like it was wide open as a football field and that couldn't be farther from the facts, even for a supposed boomer. Even SSBN's are cramped and the bridge is a fraction of the size shown. The launch code sequence was pretty laughable. It doesn't take just a two-man key and fire buttons. There is a two part launch code that has to be joined together for the launch authorization to unlock the keys. Boomers are not fixed in place at time of launch like a land missile site, so there is some target steering that is required. Then the whole launching sequence was a real mystery, where they dug that up. It also kind of left the question where those missiles were going. Just one Trident boat has enough warheads to vaporize every major city on the planet, essentially bringing civilization as we know it to an end. There were way too many battleships in the harbor, MW3 looked more like WWII. The opening scene did look like a side show, with the main gameplay being the same old thing except in city combat on foot, just like every other CoD. Too much of the same old thing.[/QUOTE]

Hey, you know this is a widely popular game franchise right? They're not really going for staunch realism.

Mar 11, 2006
[QUOTE="Stewie Skywalker, post: 5569017]Hey, you know this is a widely popular game franchise right? They're not really going for staunch realism.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know that but it really took any dramatic seriousness away from the level. It also shows they didn't put much effort into research to at least make the submarine interior halfway convincing. There were a lot of other technical problems that ruined that sequence plus it made it look like just more of the same. It is a real mystery to me why so many people find the same gameplay over and over and over to be so fascinating, and not with reference to fps in general. There is a lot of variety in the fps genre, but CoD has the exact same gameplay, gun mechanics and action, in spite of where the locale is supposed to be. Actually, MW seems to be CoD WWII with a newer looking cover. The graphics were not all that improved either.

F34R

Legend
Feb 11, 2008
South Carolina
It doesn't need a "change". The game is loved by millions.... that's what matters. They don't care about pleasing the fanboys that will never like the game no matter what they do.

EHY893

Elite Guru
Jun 4, 2008
[QUOTE="F34R, post: 5569082]It doesn't need a "change". The game is loved by millions.... that's what matters. They don't care about pleasing the fanboys that will never like the game no matter what they do.[/QUOTE]
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Scheller

Forum Sage
May 9, 2006
Texas
[QUOTE="Bligmerk, post: 5568818]That submarine interior scene looks nothing like a real submarine interior. They were making it look like it was wide open as a football field and that couldn't be farther from the facts, even for a supposed boomer. Even SSBN's are cramped and the bridge is a fraction of the size shown. The launch code sequence was pretty laughable. It doesn't take just a two-man key and fire buttons. There is a two part launch code that has to be joined together for the launch authorization to unlock the keys. Boomers are not fixed in place at time of launch like a land missile site, so there is some target steering that is required. Then the whole launching sequence was a real mystery, where they dug that up. It also kind of left the question where those missiles were going. Just one Trident boat has enough warheads to vaporize every major city on the planet, essentially bringing civilization as we know it to an end. There were way too many battleships in the harbor, MW3 looked more like WWII. The opening scene did look like a side show, with the main gameplay being the same old thing except in city combat on foot, just like every other CoD. Too much of the same old thing.[/QUOTE]

Still not as bad as the ending to Black Ops. When you get out of the water... that was the cheesiest and most hilariously dumb things I've ever seen in a video game. What, like 20 chinooks, 20 hueys, 15 patrol boats, at least 5 battleships and 6 jets. Not to forget that music. My favorite part is how it was obvious they've just been hanging out up there for quite a bit while you're down there doing everything yourself.