My Biggest Gripe

Lozt_again

Master Poster
May 9, 2006
soundcloud.com
Something that has bugged me about MGS4 is the lack of restart mission option. It ran in other MGS titles as
well. Portable Ops had the option though.

I was wondering if I'm missing something? I end up waiting to die sometimes just to start again. If there is no
option too, I was wondering how the hell you get a no alert play through without tearing up your PS3.

Jun 24, 2008
[QUOTE="Lozt_again, post: 0]Something that has bugged me about MGS4 is the lack of restart mission option. It ran in other MGS titles as
well. Portable Ops had the option though.

I was wondering if I'm missing something? I end up waiting to die sometimes just to start again. If there is no
option too, I was wondering how the hell you get a no alert play through without tearing up your PS3.[/quote]

You save at every checkpoint and if you get an alert you press start, select save, go to exit to main menu, and reload your last save.
And if you're going for a no continue playthrough, then do the same thing, if you die select exit and reload last save... yeah, it can get annoying on the higher difficulties, but hey, it's what you gotta do. :p

MR_T

Forum Elder
Oct 20, 2007
anooys the hell outta me aswell. if i completely fail at what i intend on doing id rather go back and try again. normally jus end up letting the enemy kill me

Lozt_again

Master Poster
May 9, 2006
soundcloud.com
[QUOTE="ReverendSID, post: 0]You save at every checkpoint and if you get an alert you press start, select save, go to exit to main menu, and reload your last save.
And if you're going for a no continue playthrough, then do the same thing, if you die select exit and reload last save... yeah, it can get annoying on the higher difficulties, but hey, it's what you gotta do. :p[/quote]

Cheers. I can't believe I missed that. Ha ha. +rep. Nice and easy one for you :)

Mar 10, 2008
Took me a while to figure out that too. I don't really understand why they don't have a load option. I think MGS3 had that problem as well. Maybe he just wants you to really earn it instead of just loading all the time. It's like a small punishment for failing. Makes you want to avoid having to start over.

S

saso_7

[QUOTE="ReverendSID, post: 0]You save at every checkpoint and if you get an alert you press start, select save, go to exit to main menu, and reload your last save.
And if you're going for a no continue playthrough, then do the same thing, if you die select exit and reload last save... yeah, it can get annoying on the higher difficulties, but hey, it's what you gotta do. :p[/quote]

i feel stupid i just completed my fourth playthrough and just got stealthcamo and solar gun and never knew that, the few times i was spotted i just quit and rebooted the game