My cbest buddy died today its all my fault :(

hood

Elite Member
Dec 2, 2005
Today is a good day for most ps3 owners today the mighty have fallen. No longer shall people be made victums of my acts of tranny on psn. Today my best friend is gone farewell ps3 you fought a long battle live a harsh life. Played daily for hours on end and sometimes played for days. Today i salute you for 2 years of your service to this country we call the internet. Rip my Black Behemoth we shall cross paths again through greener $$$ pastures. You will be reborn oh the good times we've had...
GTA4, Killzone 2, Cod 4, Cod 5, Far Cry 2, Uncharted Drakes Fortune, Fight Night Round 3, F.E.A.R. 2, Resistance 2, Mirrors Edge, inFamous, Red Faction, Street Fighter 4, Army of Two, Virtual Fighter 5, Socom Confrontation, Burn Out Paradise, Gran Turismo 5:p, Tekken 5 , Rainbow 6 Vegas 2, MotorStorm, Motor Storm 2, Naruto, The God Father, Home, and many others...Someday we shall return and when we do we will be will prepared.

And now a moment of silence ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thankyou all my heart goes out to all the people who have lost there ps3's to YLOD. Are there anywho would like to donate to the cause to help raise awareness about YLOD and how to stop this parasite from spreading.

Thank you all for your time...Rip 11/21/07 - 8/16/09

over the top but yes its painful i lost my laptop and ps3 all in the same week now i just have a 47inch hdtv with basic cable :(

Sash

Elite Member
Jul 5, 2006
[QUOTE="hood, post: 0]Today is a good day for most ps3 owners today the mighty have fallen. No longer shall people be made victums of my acts of tranny on psn. Today my best friend is gone farewell ps3 you fought a long battle live a harsh life. Played daily for hours on end and sometimes played for days. Today i salute you for 2 years of your service to this country we call the internet. Rip my Black Behemoth we shall cross paths again through greener $$$ pastures. You will be reborn oh the good times we've had..[/quote]

I'm sorry I know this is meant to be a time of mourning but that made me laugh! What have you been doing on Home, hmm???

But anyways RIP dude, you gonna get another one or what?

Jacksbak

Dedicated Member
Nov 10, 2007
R.I.P.

If it help i know what you're going though, mine on the other hand died a slow painful death...blu-ray drive failure!!

Mar 19, 2007
www.mog.com
Mine died today as well, most likely from YLOD. How do you know for sure if it's the YLOD though? I've tried starting it up 20 or so times since it happend (about an hour ago) and twice it's made it to the XMB before freezing and shutting off. If it were the YLOD, would it not make it to the XMB at all? Confused!

Jun 22, 2007
I'm no expert but I replaced the thermal paste (not CPR, TPR ;)) on my forty gig yesterday. The stuff that was on was all dry and crappy and there was at least one discoloured hotspot.

It had been coming on in VTOL mode a lot. Now it's back to purring softly like a kitten.

It's not difficult and I like to think that most of these failures are down to overheating from the crappy old thermal paste.

Devil

Master Poster
May 16, 2009
England
[QUOTE="hood, post: 0]Are there anywho would like to donate to the cause to help raise awareness about YLOD and how to stop this parasite from spreading.[/quote]

What does that mean??? :|

R.I.P. black box of awesomeness, you shall be missed :(

tomqman

Superior Member
Apr 11, 2009
[QUOTE="HermitKrab, post: 0]R.I.P

When will the autopsy report be released?[/quote]
never i destroyed it as it contains toooooooo much evidence muhahahahahahahahah

phil_75

Dedicated Member
Mar 30, 2009
DERBY
[QUOTE="hood, post: 0]Today is a good day for most ps3 owners today the mighty have fallen. No longer shall people be made victums of my acts of tranny on psn. Today my best friend is gone farewell ps3 you fought a long battle live a harsh life. Played daily for hours on end and sometimes played for days. Today i salute you for 2 years of your service to this country we call the internet. Rip my Black Behemoth we shall cross paths again through greener $$$ pastures. You will be reborn oh the good times we've had...
GTA4, Killzone 2, Cod 4, Cod 5, Far Cry 2, Uncharted Drakes Fortune, Fight Night Round 3, F.E.A.R. 2, Resistance 2, Mirrors Edge, inFamous, Red Faction, Street Fighter 4, Army of Two, Virtual Fighter 5, Socom Confrontation, Burn Out Paradise, Gran Turismo 5:p, Tekken 5 , Rainbow 6 Vegas 2, MotorStorm, Motor Storm 2, Naruto, The God Father, Home, and many others...Someday we shall return and when we do we will be will prepared.

And now a moment of silence ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thankyou all my heart goes out to all the people who have lost there ps3's to YLOD. Are there anywho would like to donate to the cause to help raise awareness about YLOD and how to stop this parasite from spreading.

over the top but yes its painful i lost my laptop and ps3 all in the same week now i just have a 47inch hdtv with basic cable :([/quote]

Mine too! 16/8/2009 7.30am

Just have 40inch hdtv with sky = Boring!

Its like losing the girl you loved!

A7

Supreme Veteran
Apr 19, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
[QUOTE="hood, post: 0]Today is a good day for most ps3 owners today the mighty have fallen. No longer shall people be made victums of my acts of tranny on psn. Today my best friend is gone farewell ps3 you fought a long battle live a harsh life. Played daily for hours on end and sometimes played for days. Today i salute you for 2 years of your service to this country we call the internet. Rip my Black Behemoth we shall cross paths again through greener $$$ pastures. You will be reborn oh the good times we've had...

over the top but yes its painful i lost my laptop and ps3 all in the same week now i just have a 47inch hdtv with basic cable :([/quote]

Sad to hear, they're still dying.

Phil_75 had his 3rd die on him, so don't despair, there's always someone worse off.

hood

Elite Member
Dec 2, 2005
[QUOTE="Sash, post: 0]I'm sorry I know this is meant to be a time of mourning but that made me laugh! What have you been doing on Home, hmm???

But anyways RIP dude, you gonna get another one or what?[/quote]

hahaha i have to have some humor in there it wouldnt be right.

[QUOTE="L1nux K1ng, post: 0]What does that mean??? :|

R.I.P. black box of awesomeness, you shall be missed :([/quote]
just a joke trying to make it seem likeits some diesease like swine flu lol

[QUOTE="A7MAD, post: 0]Sad to hear, they're still dying.

Phil_75 had his 3rd die on him, so don't despair, there's always someone worse off.[/quote]
well i did get 2 yrs of heavy play out of it i have 3 brothers and there probably wasnt a time when the ps3 wasnt on other than when everyone was sleep. When im at work someones on it when im at home im on it it was in heavy rotation but ultimately i think dust killed it. I have the money for a new one but ill put it on hold i dont want my gf putting her foot where the sun dont shine.

Whiplasher

Superior Member
Jun 18, 2009
[QUOTE="tomqman, post: 0]never i destroyed it as it contains toooooooo much evidence muhahahahahahahahah[/quote] So you keep a dead body in your house?:suspect:...

R.I.P May the awesomeness live on in a better place.:nopity

phil_75

Dedicated Member
Mar 30, 2009
DERBY
[QUOTE="A7MAD, post: 0]Sad to hear, they're still dying.

Phil_75 had his 3rd die on him, so don't despair, there's always someone worse off.[/quote]

Cheers! who's worse than me though:D

If I don't laugh I'll cry!

I:D

Sep 10, 2005
[QUOTE="Bostonmess, post: 0]I'm no expert but I replaced the thermal paste (not CPR, TPR ;)) on my forty gig yesterday. The stuff that was on was all dry and crappy and there was at least one discoloured hotspot.

It had been coming on in VTOL mode a lot. Now it's back to purring softly like a kitten.

It's not difficult and I like to think that most of these failures are down to overheating from the crappy old thermal paste.[/quote]

I want to do that too...but im afraid not to mark my PS3 :/