My dream Nintendo game

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
Even though I don't like Kingdom Hearts games (for their awful dialogue), when it comes to gameplay, I think Square Enix had the right idea with having the player able to travel to different worlds centered more or less on popular IPs. This is why I think a Nintendo legacy-themed RPG would be absolutely incredible. Imagine fighting alongside popular characters like Link, Samus and DK as well as lesser-known characters such as Marth, Ice Climbers, and Fox McCloud. They could even work in some minigames, such as a "Pokemon Safari" to hunt for specific, rare Pokemon that you can use as summons.

Anyone else ever wanted to see something like this from Nintendo? I'm actually surprised we haven't seen it yet. It's definitely possible, seeing games like Super Mario Odyssey and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild running beautifully on the Switch.

Last edited:

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
I honestly haven't. For me Nintendo has flooded the world with the same characters for over 20 years. At least with Kingdom Hearts we were able to visit characters and worlds that we have only see in Disney movies.

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
Well, it was unique and I know people say they enjoyed the different Disney worlds. I was more interested in the Final Fantasy character cameos myself.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that it would be cool to see an RPG from Nintendo that's fun to play (Mario & Luigi) with the excitement of different colorful characters coming together (Super Smash Bros). I know people say Super Smash Bros. Brawl had an story mode with cutscenes and whatnot but I never played it and fighting games are naturally limited in what you can see and explore anyway.

berries8

Jan 2, 2018
Yeah, I totally agree with you! It will be cool to see something different characterwise and they have to make them more innovative. I remember when I had my first Nintendo, OMG! I was so excited and couldn't sleep normally for months because I was literally obsessed. They have to bring back the old school but combine it with new and different content.

AsterPhoenix

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2008
Yeah when I played the original Kingdom Hearts I was surprised that FF and Disney worked a lot better than I expected. I felt like the FF cameos roles in the second game were wasted such as Seifer as a kid when Squall is a grown up and Yuna as a fairy. Disney worlds didn't have much place in the story in the second game the writing was a lot better in the original.

A Nintendo game like this with a concept of something like this would be interesting and they be great with the varieties when it comes the world design side of things.