My email from ms

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaewest304

Elite Member
Jun 21, 2008
www.myspace.com
Welcome to the Xbox LIVE Preview on Connect!
Congratulations! You’ve been accepted to the 2009 Xbox LIVE Update Preview.
Welcome, and we are glad that you are on board!

When will you receive the update?
We are working on the final touches for the update. You will receive a notification by email when the update is available.
How long is the Preview?
The Preview will continue until the public release of the update.
Disclaimer
WARNING: Do NOT remove your hard drive and place it on another console!
This will cause non registered consoles to be unable to connect to Xbox LIVE until we release the update!
I dont know if theres a thread for this or not, but Im in the preview for next XBL update. Im a bit excited about it and thought Id make a thread for others to discuss getting in or not getting in

tcrews

Apprentice
Oct 19, 2006
Yeah, I got the email and update Tuesday. Not a tremendous amount of changes that you notice, most are just little enhancements to features already there.

Netflix seems to be the biggest improvement, allowing you to browse the Instant Watch selection from your 360 and choose what to watch vs. before where you had to add them to your queue from a PC and Netflix's website.

Phantasmn

Push my Phantastic button
Jun 29, 2006
[QUOTE="tcrews, post: 0]Yeah, I got the email and update Tuesday. Not a tremendous amount of changes that you notice, most are just little enhancements to features already there.

Netflix seems to be the biggest improvement, allowing you to browse the Instant Watch selection from your 360 and choose what to watch vs. before where you had to add them to your queue from a PC and Netflix's website.[/quote]

And this is both a blessing and a curse (so to speak). It's great that I no longer have to add instant watch titles from my pc, but there's no way to search for a particular title.

To top it off, the party watch system seems a little weird to me. Granted, I haven't tried it too much, so I'll wait til the update comes out on the 11th before passing judgment on it all together.

Other than the Netflix update, the only things worth mentioning would be the Avatar marketplace and the rating system. The game ratings honestly don't do anything for me because I'm not going to base my purchase on whether millions of others enjoy the game, I might not like the game anyhow. And the Avatar marketplace reminds me of HOME, but with higher prices (darn MS Points :lol:), and no virtual environment to walk around in.

Status
Not open for further replies.