My Resistance 2 Review

ivo150

Apprentice
Oct 2, 2007
This game is so good from the moment you pick it up and put it in the PS3, there is a small update (26mb) that must be installed and then a 90 second instalation.
After that its pure actiona and the scale of this game and the new Chimera is so cool!
There are some new weapons and they have good secondary fire like the magnum for example.
Also the graphics are improved and all in all YOU NEED THIS GAME!

Huuuuge chimera!

richkaos

Superior Member
Dec 4, 2006
Yeah i have the game delivered today waiting for when i get home, and i know im going to love it BUT im a little dissapointed that there is no longer co-op story mode. It was great fun on the first one going through the missions with a mate helping you. I also dont fall for the [email protected] about the black lines either side on splitscreen............everyone else can do it!

To me R2 is..
Online = Good
Single Player = Boring
I just got it today, and to tell you the truth, the single player has too much repeat, it feels kind of boring, also the graphics and physics, are not that good, they could have made the single player more fun to play, and also they could have worked harder on graphics. But online is awesome. Any way I am enjoying the game, I only gave my opinion.

ivo150

Apprentice
Oct 2, 2007
[QUOTE="richkaos, post: 0]Yeah i have the game delivered today waiting for when i get home, and i know im going to love it BUT im a little dissapointed that there is no longer co-op story mode. It was great fun on the first one going through the missions with a mate helping you. I also dont fall for the [email protected] about the black lines either side on splitscreen............everyone else can do it![/quote]

U can do upto 8 Player co-op campaign online
and 2 player co-op offline

AMG44

Superior Member
Jun 26, 2007
Good looking game but i was disappointed though, I beat the game in about 6hrs and got a good portion of the trophies too. Online is what makes the game good cause single player is boring.

ivo150

Apprentice
Oct 2, 2007
I am not too sure if i shud take it online yet becuase when people played gta4 early online they got banned

Xelis

Elite Sage
Jan 1, 2008
[QUOTE="ivo150, post: 0]I am not too sure if i shud take it online yet becuase when people played gta4 early online they got banned[/quote]
I have, I doubt it'll matter due to the fact GTA IV was a strict world wide release. Also America has had it for nearly a month now and I don't think Insomniac are the petty types.

juice8367

Apprentice
Jul 25, 2006
i love the game too but I have trouble launching it. Any of u guys have problems just getting to the start menu? Mine seems to freeze after the insomniac logo disappears.

ivo150

Apprentice
Oct 2, 2007
i shall take it online soon then, i was a beta tester so I have an idea what its like, but i never played a 60 player match
lets see how that will be

richkaos

Superior Member
Dec 4, 2006
Now correct me if im wrong but i got R2 yesterday and the first thing i tried was 2 player split and boy have they cocked up, it looks awfull and theres me thinking that the black lines either side excuse was down to improving the spliscreen visuals.....rubbish they look terrible, splitscreen is an after thought and im not happy. You cant even do 4 player split.

On the other hand the single player is superb and the online is very good but why oh why is offline multiplaer always left in the dark, especially as IMO 4 way split with your mates can not be beat SORT IT OUT for gods sake. So to sum it up as i loved the multiplayer options on the first resistance i am a little dissapointed with R2 boo hoo

Nov 4, 2008
I'd love to be playing but I have an issue if anybody can help?

I've installed the update and it now goes to the installation screen. Saying press X to install. However nothing happens. I pressed X and nothing. it just stays then on the install screen saying press X to continue.

Checked everything over and the Controller is working fine.

Any Ideas?

N

nulleduser

i got on the beta and was fairly impressed, nothing special. i decided to get COD:WaW instead of waiting for R2 and boy am i glad, it's so much better. I don't know how to explain it but it just didn't seem to be anything special. My money went on the better game IMO

richkaos

Superior Member
Dec 4, 2006
[QUOTE="welshfrankie, post: 0]i got on the beta and was fairly impressed, nothing special. i decided to get COD:WaW instead of waiting for R2 and boy am i glad, it's so much better. I don't know how to explain it but it just didn't seem to be anything special. My money went on the better game IMO[/quote]

Have to agree, think your right.

tommylj

Apprentice
Oct 6, 2006
[QUOTE="richkaos, post: 0]Now correct me if im wrong but i got R2 yesterday and the first thing i tried was 2 player split and boy have they cocked up, it looks awfull and theres me thinking that the black lines either side excuse was down to improving the spliscreen visuals.....rubbish they look terrible, splitscreen is an after thought and im not happy. You cant even do 4 player split.

On the other hand the single player is superb and the online is very good but why oh why is offline multiplaer always left in the dark, especially as IMO 4 way split with your mates can not be beat SORT IT OUT for gods sake. So to sum it up as i loved the multiplayer options on the first resistance i am a little dissapointed with R2 boo hoo[/quote]

4 Player split screen makes me think back to the good ol' Golden Eye days:D
Nowadays I don't think 4 player split is as easy to achieve though. As I understand it the machine has to render 4 times as much, if you would like for a game to support 4 player split, and I think it would put too much strain on the CPU. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what I've heard

Nov 19, 2007
8-player co-op is where it's at. Loads of fun. Wasn't that impressed with the graphics of this game, they're good but not OMG can't believe it!!!! Think I've been spoilt by the Killzone 2 beta. But definitely having fun with it. Not tried the splitscreen yet.

Nov 18, 2008
I love it. Got it yesterday and I am playing single player at the moment, taking my time to smell the roses. When I am done with that I will move to multiplayer. Very glad I bought it. I play FPS games also on PC and must say that I enjoy FPS even more now on PS3. I mean… I lay down on the couch… start the game and have fun. Sitting in front of a PC is so tiresome since I code applications there for hours.

Harrow

Master Poster
Nov 26, 2006
I really thought this was going to be a must buy since I enjoyed Resistance FOM so much. But I am hugely dissapointed that they took away the weapon wheel and allow only 2 weapons at a time. That complelety changes the game from what RFOM was and is mistake in a game where weapons are the star IMO. I may not buy it at all, or at least wait for it to come down in price.

oxbo

Superior Member
May 20, 2007
When I started playing R2 about a month ago, I thought it was good. Now, I am being overwhelmed by its greatness. Funny how this happened. Rather than getting burned out by a game, I am being drawn to it the more I play.

When I put the game in I have to pause and think "which part of the game do I want to play?" All are great:

Single player- I like how it has more bosses, titans and grims rather than just chimera like R1. Great variety and pacing.
Co-op- working together, learning the maps, leveling, etc. are very dynamic.
competitive- what can I say, but that it gets better every game. So many people, it is like playing cod4 shipment on big maps.

oxbo

Superior Member
May 20, 2007
When I started playing R2 about a month ago, I thought it was good. Now, I am being overwhelmed by its greatness. Funny how this happened. Rather than getting burned out by a game, I am being drawn to it the more I play.

When I put the game in I have to pause and think "which part of the game do I want to play?" All are great:

Single player- I like how it has more bosses, titans and grims rather than just chimera like R1. Great variety and pacing.
competitive- what can I say, but that it gets better every game. So many people, it is like playing cod4 shipment on big maps.

Ixion

Ultimate Veteran
Nov 29, 2005
New York
[QUOTE="oxbo, post: 0]When I started playing R2 about a month ago, I thought it was good. Now, I am being overwhelmed by its greatness. Funny how this happened. Rather than getting burned out by a game, I am being drawn to it the more I play.

competitive- what can I say, but that it gets better every game. So many people, it is like playing cod4 shipment on big maps.[/quote]

I keep having the same dilemma. All three modes are awesome and I have trouble figuring out which one to play. :)