My top Xbox One X games

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
Here are my top 5 games to play on the Xbox One X as of right now.

1. Halo 5 - Holy shit this game is absolutely incredible on the One X. Everything about this game is better on the X. Frame rate is smoother, resolution is sooooooooo much more clear. Especially things in the distance. This is easily my pick for most enhanced game on the X.

2. Gears of War 4 - Simply stunning. This game does not offer the ultra smoothness I get with Halo 5, but it is just as beautiful.

3. Killer Instinct - Already a beautiful game. The One X has increased the resolution to a full 2160p with a rock solid 60fps. The absolute best fighter on the console.

4. Rise of the Tomb Raider - Very impressive looking game. The HDR and resolution is fantastic.

5. Gears of War 3 - It is pretty amazing how the One X has made this old 360 game look like a remaster. This game specifically takes advantage of the X hardware with a special patch. You will not see this type of graphical upgrade on all 360 games.

Unfortunately I have not played Assassin's Creed Origins on the One X. I have the PS4 Pro version and I believe it is one of the most beautiful games of the year. So I assume the game looks even better on the One X.

I also have to say the Dolby Atmos option added to the console is wonderful. Everything sounds 10x better if you have a receiver that supports Dolby Atmos.

Last edited:

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
You'll have to post some screen shots of AC Origins from both consoles so we can compare them, will be interesting to see if there is a noticable difference between the 2

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
[QUOTE="Duffman, post: 6534234]You'll have to post some screen shots of AC Origins from both consoles so we can compare them, will be interesting to see if there is a noticable difference between the 2[/QUOTE]

I will pick it up this weekend. I also want to see the differences.

Aug 12, 2008
tyneside
of those I've tried so far.

Assassins Creed Origins
Mafia 3
Gears 4
Skyrim
Battlefront 2

although it was expected, all my games look fantastic on the X.

Last edited:

sainraja

Forum Sage
Jun 16, 2006
www.hussainraja.com
I had gotten an Xbox One S (after selling my original Xbox One on ebay) but now I've since sold that to upgrade to the X1X. Everything does look good on it but I can't really tell the difference from before.

I've tried the following games on it so far...
  • Rise of Tomb Raider
  • Gears of War 4
  • ReCore
  • Forza Horizon 3
One thing that has surprised me is the performance of ReCore. It stutters a lot (likely the frame rate)? anyone else having the same experience? I also had the system crash/shutdown once while playing it - the controller, however, stayed connected.

I do have a 4K TV.

Last edited:

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
[QUOTE="sainraja, post: 6535025]I had gotten an Xbox One S (after selling my original Xbox One on ebay) but now I've since sold that to upgrade to the X1X. Everything does look good on it but I can't really tell the difference from before.

• Rise of Tomb Raider
  • Gears of War 4
  • ReCore
  • Forza Horizon 3
One thing that has surprised me is the performance of ReCore. It stutters a lot (likely the frame rate)? anyone else having the same experience? I also had the system crash/shutdown once while playing it - the controller, however, stayed connected.

I do have a 4K TV.[/QUOTE]

Forza Horizon 3 has not received the 1X patch yet. Rise of the Tomb Raider looks gorgeous. It really proves why everyone should have an HDR10 TV. If you are able to switch back and forth between the same game on the different consoles, you will easily be able to see the differences then. It is harder when going off memory.

mynd

Ultimate Veteran
May 3, 2006
Down Under
[QUOTE="sainraja, post: 6535025]I had gotten an Xbox One S (after selling my original Xbox One on ebay) but now I've since sold that to upgrade to the X1X. Everything does look good on it but I can't really tell the difference from before.

• Rise of Tomb Raider
  • Gears of War 4
  • ReCore
  • Forza Horizon 3

I do have a 4K TV.[/QUOTE]

In games and apps, filter games by "Xbox one X enhanced", if you want to know which games are actually enhanced.

Aquanox

Forum Sage
May 26, 2005
Hey! interesting list.

Have you tried or have plans for FFXV?

PS: Are there any rumors for new One X Games next year?

Last edited:

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
[QUOTE="Aquanox, post: 6535033]Hey! interesting list.

Have you tried or have plans for FFXV?

PS: Are there any rumors for new One X Games next year?[/QUOTE]

I have no plans to play FFXV again. I platinumed the game on the PS4 already.

There are no exclusive 1X games ever coming out as far as I know. I am sure all games in 2018 will be enhanced for the console though.

sainraja

Forum Sage
Jun 16, 2006
www.hussainraja.com
[QUOTE="Lethal, post: 6535030]Forza Horizon 3 has not received the 1X patch yet. Rise of the Tomb Raider looks gorgeous. It really proves why everyone should have an HDR10 TV. If you are able to switch back and forth between the same game on the different consoles, you will easily be able to see the differences then. It is harder when going off memory.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I didn't mean to say that it was X1X enhanced - I was just listing the games I had tried out so far and I was under the impression that each title gets some benefit whether officially enhanced or not.

@mynd - I am aware of that option. ReCore, does show up under the enhanced option but it's performance is not really that great (it does stutter), I don't get it...it's definitely not a looker so it should play fine I would think.

EDIT
Just sharing what others have said regarding the shutdown, people have pointed out to me that the system should not be plugged-in to a surge protector (applied to the original as well - my original Xbox One was and no issues) but I went ahead and did that. Hoping that it does not happen again.

Last edited:

sainraja

Forum Sage
Jun 16, 2006
www.hussainraja.com
[QUOTE="Lethal, post: 6535030]Forza Horizon 3 has not received the 1X patch yet. Rise of the Tomb Raider looks gorgeous. It really proves why everyone should have an HDR10 TV. If you are able to switch back and forth between the same game on the different consoles, you will easily be able to see the differences then. It is harder when going off memory.[/QUOTE]

I have the PS4 Pro, so I will try comparing it to that. I still have my original PS4 but that is a in different room but I will give that a go as well.

Aug 26, 2014
One game that wowed me was Half Life 2 from the Orange Box, the improvements on the X made that game look the best I've ever seen. Also Forza 7 is a dream to play. Now I just have to upgrade my PS4 to a Pro.

mynd

Ultimate Veteran
May 3, 2006
Down Under
I got an X yesterday. I dont havbe a 4k TV (yet), but even on a 1080p TV games like Gears and Halo, Fortnite, wow what a difference.

Halo 5 is simply utterly stunning even on 1080p

Brandon

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
I got an X yesterday. I dont havbe a 4k TV (yet), but even on a 1080p TV games like Gears and Halo, Fortnite, wow what a difference.

And in 4K it takes a fatty dump all over 1080p. You really need to get a 4K HDR TV. It's simply breathtaking.

H

Hedon

Forza Horizon 3 and Forza Motorsport 7 in the Xbox One X Enhanced is :eek: