My trophies left me... where did they go?

May 10, 2008
I know there was at least one thread on this before but I couldn't find it.

My PS3 died and had to go back to Sony. Luckily it was only the blu-ray drive and I still was able to back up my game saves. Well of course all my other data was lost and with it my trophies, when I got it back from Sony.
So far the only game I've earned trophies for is Uncharted.

Now I've went and synced my trophies as well as re-logged into the PS Network, but still no trophies shown in my XMB. I've popped in the game and it shows all the treasures I've found and trophies, but no-where else outside of in the game does it show what trophies I've gotten, not the XMB nor my profile.

So what did I miss or do wrong. Any help? Thanks in advance.

DarkVincent07

Trying not to break stuff...
Mar 4, 2008
Sydney
well if you synced your trophies to you PSN profile, they SHOULD still be there, but all you have to do if you want them back under Trophies in the XMB, just pop in Uncharted and they should come right back.
Thats what i heard anyway... If you cant fix it, lucky you only had Uncharted, as its not too hard to earn again. :p

May 10, 2008
Yep tried all that, no dice. It shows Uncharted under my profile in the XMB but says 0% completed. When in the game, it shows all the stuff I achieved before my PS3 quit.
Maybe you have to actually have an in game save for them to reappear? I haven't done that.
Like you said at least it's just one game, but the game knows I've got them, but the system doesn't. Will the game give them to me again?

Natalz

Elite Member
Dec 27, 2006
I've heared you have to start your game once for trophies to re-appear, but in my own experience the sync function was enough to get them all back at once. Are you sure you are syncing with the trophy collection icon (instead of comparing??).

Else I don't think you have many options and they seem gone.

May 10, 2008
[QUOTE="Natalz, post: 0]I've heared you have to start your game once for trophies to re-appear, but in my own experience the sync function was enough to get them all back at once. Are you sure you are syncing with the trophy collection icon (instead of comparing??).

Else I don't think you have many options and they seem gone.[/quote]

Well I loaded Uncharted and went to the menu and looked to see if it showed what I had, and it did. Do you mean you have to actually go into the game play and get to a save point?

I went to the trophies icon and synced to the server (numerous times), but it did nothing. Even checked under my icon where your friends list and messages are and it showed nothing.

farah9

Apprentice
Feb 21, 2008
This happened to me, when I reformatted my HDD, even though I did a sync with the server before and after formatting, but they came back after putting each game in. The strange thing was that they didn't show in the trophy icon, but if I looked at my trophy card they were still there.

farah9

Apprentice
Feb 21, 2008
[QUOTE="wunderless, post: 0]I can't see them anywhere. Did yours ever come back under the trophy icon in the XMB?[/quote]

Yeah as I put each game in they seem to come back.

Philizzle

Apprentice
May 13, 2008
Did you forget to breastfeed them?

*kills himself*

You could try to wait a day or two, I'm pretty sure someone on this forum got his trophies back by just waiting.

wunderless

Apprentice
May 10, 2008
farah9
Hmmm, maybe I'll play it for a bit and see what happens.

Philizzle
No mate. I breast fed them everyday! Hungry little ******s.
I'll recheck, it's been a few days now so I hope they come back. I mean, where the hell could they have gone? They haven't got legs.

DarkVincent07

Trying not to break stuff...
Mar 4, 2008
Sydney
They might have grown legs...

Im curious to see if they have crawled back (lol). Let us know. If not... delete your save and start again if you really want them...

the_End

Master Guru
Jul 30, 2007
My trophies disappeared after I upgraded my HDD yesterday but I put Rock Band 2 in and at the start it said installing trophies, once it was done I looked in the Trophies section in the XMB and there they were. Not sure what's wrong with yours, never heard of it before.

wunderless

Apprentice
May 10, 2008
DarkVincent07
I'm convinced they did grow legs. Maybe I wasn't cool enough for them. But they haven't come back... I'm wondering if I just save over the game save (While in a new game) if maybe that will bring them back. (I'm in the middle of Brothers in Arms, which doesn't have trophies oddly, so that'll happen after.) It'd suck to delete the whole save. (Not that replaying Uncharted is a bad thing)

the_End
Yea, I don't get it. Maybe I'm just an idiot but... I can see the stuff I've earned while in game, but the XMB is showing me no love.

Thanks for the suggestions though guys. 'preciate it.

the_End

Master Guru
Jul 30, 2007
Yeah it's pretty damn weird, have tried putting the game in, loading it up to the main menu, hitting the PS button and then try syncing to the server? I think you've tried just about everything.