my xbox experience

bfd_josh

Urban Ethnic
Jun 26, 2008
Turtle walk HQ
www.theturtlewalk.com
as most around these ends probs know, i recently bought an elite for exclusives, well its gone from my secondary to my primary console, ive been playing it for around a week now,,,and wow, i want back to the ps3 today to play some killzone, and the pad is awful, the analogue's have no resistance what so ever, just feels like there gunna fall out, and the whole controller seems weak, ive never noticed this before, but after playing witht he xbox the controller is much more robust has has so much more weight and resistance to it.

yes the online does cost, but ive bought 3 months to see what i think of it, and its amazing, how simple it is to join parties, talk to people, join peoples games, everything is just much easier and there seems to be alot more talking, the games ive got i like, but i must say the graphs dont compare to the ps3 in exclusives, but the gameplay is just as good, ill add more as i play with it more, but at the moment the xbox is amazing, cant belive ive held off for soo long

Cuguy

Elite Sage
Mar 9, 2007
www.psu.com
With each console having so many strengths and such, it is truly having the best of both worlds when you can own them both.

Glad to see you have given the xbox a fair shake and seen what it has to offer.

It was that way for me with the PS3. I had no intentions of buying one when it came out, but a personal deal with a friend yielded me a launch 60GB, and I couldn't be happier with it.

skulpt

Master Guru
May 27, 2005
www.adigitaldreamer.com
Hey congrats. Almost exactly the same way I felt as well and still feel. If you have the extra cash, it's crazy not to get a 360 if you love gaming. Live is just such great quality, and the consistency of the whole experience is really what makes it shine. Rep+

[QUOTE="bfd_josh, post: 0]as most around these ends probs know, i recently bought an elite for exclusives, well its gone from my secondary to my primary console, ive been playing it for around a week now,,,and wow, i want back to the ps3 today to play some killzone, and the pad is awful, the analogue's have no resistance what so ever, just feels like there gunna fall out, and the whole controller seems weak, ive never noticed this before, but after playing witht he xbox the controller is much more robust has has so much more weight and resistance to it.

yes the online does cost, but ive bought 3 months to see what i think of it, and its amazing, how simple it is to join parties, talk to people, join peoples games, everything is just much easier and there seems to be alot more talking, the games ive got i like, but i must say the graphs dont compare to the ps3 in exclusives, but the gameplay is just as good, ill add more as i play with it more, but at the moment the xbox is amazing, cant belive ive held off for soo long[/quote]

Kydosan

Forum Elder
Apr 3, 2007
[QUOTE="bfd_josh, post: 0]as most around these ends probs know, i recently bought an elite for exclusives, well its gone from my secondary to my primary console, ive been playing it for around a week now,,,and wow, i want back to the ps3 today to play some killzone, and the pad is awful, the analogue's have no resistance what so ever, just feels like there gunna fall out, and the whole controller seems weak, ive never noticed this before, but after playing witht he xbox the controller is much more robust has has so much more weight and resistance to it.[/quote]
I like the PS pads, but like you don't think they measure up to the 360 ones, the triggers, sticks, weight and size all work in the 360's favour (PS wins with the analogue buttons though)

As petty as it sounds, my biggest complaint with the PS pads is that I tend to just sit my pad in my lap when I take a break to do other stuff, and they continually slide off and fall on the floor, the 360 ones just don't do that (not how I sit, anyway) I got my Mrs a Slim for her birthday and that was her biggest complaint too. Stupid light, slidy pads!

yes the online does cost, but ive bought 3 months to see what i think of it, and its amazing, how simple it is to join parties, talk to people, join peoples games, everything is just much easier and there seems to be alot more talking, the games ive got i like, but i must say the graphs dont compare to the ps3 in exclusives, but the gameplay is just as good, ill add more as i play with it more, but at the moment the xbox is amazing, cant belive ive held off for soo long
Feel free to add me (Kydosan) - I'm obsessed with MP and will be wandering around MW2, Forza and L4D2 in a pack for the foreseeable future if you've got/are getting any of them.

Teraspark

Mostly Indifferent
Nov 4, 2009
Staffordshire
[QUOTE="We Are Ninja, post: 0]I agree, it has many strengths. It's a great system... when it's not smoking or flashing red lights at you.[/quote]

Agreed.

I keep telling myself to buy one but the nagging fear of RROD stops me from doing so. Alan Wake is sparking my interest but I couldn't justify buying a 360 just for that title.

BTW, have bought MW2 yet. If so what format version did you get?

[QUOTE="Cuguy, post: 0]With each console having so many strengths and such, it is truly having the best of both worlds when you can own them both.

Glad to see you have given the xbox a fair shake and seen what it has to offer.

It was that way for me with the PS3. I had no intentions of buying one when it came out, but a personal deal with a friend yielded me a launch 60GB, and I couldn't be happier with it.[/quote]

Same with me, I initially couldn't care about PS3 until I got one.

I do like my Xbox, I just don't play it much but when I do i really enjoy it. Waiting for Splinter Cell :D

Nov 26, 2007
[QUOTE="Teraspark, post: 0]Agreed.

I keep telling myself to buy one but the nagging fear of RROD stops me from doing so. Alan Wake is sparking my interest but I couldn't justify buying a 360 just for that title.

BTW, have bought MW2 yet. If so what format version did you get?[/quote]
Bought it last night for the PS3. When I get my 360 back, it will be used very sparingly, and only to play exclusives...

Teraspark

Mostly Indifferent
Nov 4, 2009
Staffordshire
[QUOTE="We Are Ninja, post: 0]Bought it last night for the PS3. When I get my 360 back, it will be used very sparingly, and only to play exclusives...[/quote]

Same here if I had one which begs the question if it is worth it. Yes, the 360 does have tempting exclusives but so does the PS3 and I'd rather spend the spare money on upcoming titles TBH.

Nov 26, 2007
Gears of War and Forza are excellent. And if you're into shooting aliens while ten year-olds regale you with sordid tales of your mother's sexual deviations, HALO's online component is crazy good. I'm not a fan, but it's a huge seller. I actually enjoyed Bullet Witch. And DOAXBV. Mass Effect is really good. Crackdown was excellent. Dead Rising was good too... And I fully intend to buy The Lost and the Damned and the Ballad of Gay Tony...

That said, I can't recommend the console based on my cruddy experience with hardware. I've had the disc drive spin the disc while it was resting in the tray. I've had the RROD. I've had the system not play ANY game for more than 30 seconds. I had one that started smoking... The exclusives are excellent, but only when you can actually play them.