Myst Finally makes it's way to NA PSPs..

Idenowhereiam

Bandw!dth Savior
Oct 26, 2006
In Miami, man <3
Cyan World's classic adventure game is finally coming to North American PlayStation Portables this week, with Hoplite Research confirming a July 17th release of the game on the PlayStation Network. The original Myst has seen countless rereleases and ports since it originally debuted back in 1993 as a showcase for the then-new CD Rom technology. Now the PSP is added to the list of video game devices that can play the game, with a faithful port of the game, with a little extra gameplay in the Rime Age, which was cut from the original release. While the PSP version has already been released in Europe and Japan, the North American version was canned...until now.:shock:

Source

Don't know if anyone really cares or not, but I figured it was news worthy. Especially since I find and news of a new psp title coming out soon to be good news!

I've never played a Myst game before, but seeing as how they've been porting it and porting it since 1993 I may give it a shot depending on how much it is on the network..

Dylan0987

Elite Member
Aug 8, 2008
This is probably one of the toughest games I have ever played. Anyone looking for a great puzzle game, look no further because this is the epitome of puzzle games.

BlacJack

Dedicated Member
Jun 26, 2007
UK
I've heard the PSP port was crap though. Just a heads up. The game itself is awesome and definately worth buying. Very old school (now anyway, I played it new!), very challenging, very intriguing.

BlacJack

Dedicated Member
Jun 26, 2007
UK
Just to clear up any possible confusion, this is a port of the original Myst, not realMyst that was released in 2000. Therefore it is all still pictures and not animated CGI. This is the game in original form (from 1993) but with improved animations from characters and such.

I guess I was a bit mistaken as well, it looks as though this is a solid port. I must have been thinking about the DS or something, if it's even on that. Supposedly this is a solid port. I will probably be grabbing it this weekend.

mickice

Ultimate Veteran
Oct 8, 2006
Australia, In a Kangaroo's pouch.
[QUOTE="BlacJack, post: 0]Just to clear up any possible confusion, this is a port of the original Myst, not realMyst that was released in 2000. Therefore it is all still pictures and not animated CGI. This is the game in original form (from 1993) but with improved animations from characters and such.

I guess I was a bit mistaken as well, it looks as though this is a solid port. I must have been thinking about the DS or something, if it's even on that. Supposedly this is a solid port. I will probably be grabbing it this weekend.[/quote]

It is on Ds, just that the DS's screen is too low rez to read it correctly.

taurus82

Apprentice
Feb 25, 2008
Thank g*d for all the positive replies.
Will Cyan Worlds get anything from this release, I hope they do, I'd love to see more Myst on PS3 & PSP.

Oct 20, 2006
This is probably the only thread I've seen on Myst for the PSP and the main reason I'm excited to try it. I also haven't tried Myst before in any form but these great points lead me to want to try it out.