Naughty Bear review IGN - 2.5

TDbank24

Master Guru
Jul 25, 2008
Boston, MA
I've only played a few hours of Naughty Bear, but I don't need to waste any more of my time to tell you that this game is a waste of yours. Naughty Bear is an embarrassment and shouldn't be purchased by anyone anywhere.

The gist here is that you're Naughty, a bear the other bears don't like. They don't invite you to a birthday party, so you pick up weapons and run around killing them. This sounds cool, but it's atrocious in terms of how it runs, the camera, the repetition and so on. It's just an utter failure on every front.
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/110/1103027p1.html

The Ps3 version got a 2.5 and the 360 version got a 3.0

I was really looking forward to this game and i'm going to pick it up eventually anyways. I'll probably wait until the price drops. I kind of expected it to get bad reviews for the premise alone but it's disappointing to hear about all the issues. Not everyone's going to be interested in a game like this but it's completely unique so that's what got me interested.

Last edited:
N

nulleduser

I knew just from the TITLE that this game was going to be awful, no idea why it had any sort of hype whatsoever.

YaTwice

Superior Member
Dec 31, 2008
USA
[QUOTE="welshfrankie, post: 5083219]I knew just from the TITLE that this game was going to be awful, no idea why it had any sort of hype whatsoever.[/QUOTE]
because secretly, most of us wanted to go around an island gta style just mindlessly slaughtering everyone :(

D

Drescher1

I was excited about this game too before it came out. The reviewers can't all be wrong though. I'll still prob give it a rental or an impulse buy when the price drops a bit.

[QUOTE="welshfrankie, post: 5083219]I knew just from the TITLE that this game was going to be awful, no idea why it had any sort of hype whatsoever.[/QUOTE]
Because it was an interesting concept...had we always judged a game by it's title, Uncharted would be horrible, Blur would be garbage, DiRT would be unplayable, Skate would have bombed, F.E.A.R. would be a mess, Driver would suck, Mafia would be a bore, Hitman would be corny, APB would garner no interest, Braid would be game for pansies, and LAIR and Haze would be...er, okay, forget about LAIR and Haze, but you see my point...

This game had potential...but it seems like with every trailer/gameplay video released, things got uglier and uglier...I might be the only one, but by the second or third trailer, I had already been convinced it would turn out like ****...sometimes, you can just tell...

TDbank24

Master Guru
Jul 25, 2008
Boston, MA

All i ever see though is people complaining about how gaming isn't original anymore. Naughty Bear is original. I was shocked at how random this game seemed when i found out about it and i instantly wanted to play it. Anyways, review scores never stop me from enjoying a game. As long as the technical issues are somewhat bearable i'll get around to playing it at some point.

Yuuichi

Miqo'te Bard
Oct 25, 2009
[QUOTE="TDbank24, post: 5083317]All i ever see though is people complaining about how gaming isn't original anymore. Naughty Bear is original. I was shocked at how random this game seemed when i found out about it and i instantly wanted to play it. Anyways, review scores never stop me from enjoying a game. As long as the technical issues are somewhat bearable i'll get around to playing it at some point.[/QUOTE]

There is no orginality any more with games cause everything has been done before so everygame can compared to another game of the genra thats done it before (most notobly FPS, and the rpg where hero has memory loss), dosent make them any less of a good game tho. I never got this argument either. Far as game goes ill pass. Wet was good for 1 hour then got boring and this game looks the same.

[QUOTE="Yuuichi, post: 5083324]There is no orginality any more with games cause everything has been done before[/QUOTE]
I disagree...

It's real easy to think so, tho, because as time goes on and more ideas come into fruition, the higher the possibility that what you think up has done before...

However, I don't believe there's a such thing as a "limit" to innovation...

EDIT: Consider the game Retro/Grade, coming to the PSN soon...I don't think that's ever been done before (I could be wrong tho)...

Last edited:

Evoking1230

Master Poster
Jan 6, 2008
wow, that quote was pretty brutual :lol:

it definitely cant be good then, havent seen a review absolutely hammer a game like the way it did in a while

TDbank24

Master Guru
Jul 25, 2008
Boston, MA
[QUOTE="HenryPSN, post: 5083447]You guys were hyped to run around and kill teddy bears? Sick world we live in.[/QUOTE]

Something about drowning a teddy bear in a cake mixer really caught my interest. :D

Makenshi15

Apprentice
Mar 23, 2009
Wasn't really expecting much from this game tbh. There was no demo, no advertising, no exposure...it was just there. Hell my friends were all surprised when this game came out..they never heard of this game.