Nazi Zombies...the Inspiration

ps3isthebestobe

Superior Member
Jan 23, 2008
Now im not sure what you all get upto in your spare time apart from posting away on these forums...but i did run into something i found very interesting and also am quite sure Treyarch got their inspiration from such stories as these

well anyway i was reading a forum about this mountain in Austria called untersberg...and it turns out Hitler had an obsession with this moutain and even built a house on the opposite mountain that overlooked it...he believed in many occult things, and it is speculated he thought he could use the mystical power of the mountain against his enemies...well anyway theres been a lot of weird happenings at that place for centuries, and in the forum i was reading how Hitler may even of tried to reincarnate his own men in the form of zombies (by somehow harnessing this energy that the dalai lama has even reffered to) so naturally i assume Treyarch has heard about such occult followings that the Nazi SS were quite taken by.
Mainly i just posted this because i found it extremely interesting anyway take a read

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread384938/pg1

yea i agree, have u got any other info on this stuff?

wow dude thats really interesting, cant wait to hear more peoples responses

just stick to the thread should get a lot of info there

Four posts in a row? What the hell is up with that? Don't do it again. ~carocat

*goo

Elite Guru
Aug 2, 2008
I think we've got a schizophrenic in the room Lol.

I'd have said the motivation was Left4Dead. Treyarch aren't exactly well known for their development skills.

ps3isthebestobe

Superior Member
Jan 23, 2008
hahaha sorry just had to get this thing kickstarted....yeah but i just meant the zombie thing not the actual gameplay or anything\

BTW u should tots replace lukin with johnson she is such a little babe....and i swear theres something going on with lukin and her dad (at the olympics my first impression was that the dad was the BF, tapping her on the *** and all that)

Jul 26, 2008
Pretty interesting stuff, you got there. No wonder Hitler lost the war, he was crazy!

Anyway, why are you replying to your own post?!

R

REFLEX

Hitler was a tactical genius, he was also absolutely ripped on high quality medical grade amphetamines (Speed), he (Seriously) liked being pissed and ****ted on during sex, he had orgasms during some speeches, and yes.. he deeply believed in some aspects of the occult. Amongst other things.

ps3isthebestobe

Superior Member
Jan 23, 2008
hahah what a freak, that is really disgusting, and yes the man must of been a genius, to get a country of millions to follow his every word...especially considering he had a somewhat unremarkable appearance

carocat

Community Manager
May 25, 2006
carocat.co.uk
[QUOTE="ps3isthebestobe, post: 0]hahah what a freak, that is really disgusting, and yes the man must of been a genius, to get a country of millions to follow his every word...especially considering he had a somewhat unremarkable appearance[/quote]
Appearance isn't everything. His speeches were very charismatic.

Zatoichi

Elite Member
Sep 4, 2006
The idea behind the Nazi zombie mode is very simple.

-Make a game about killing Nazis
-realize your multiplayer doesn't have quite as much replayability as your predecessor
-take note the popularity of an upcoming zombie game with the number "4" in it.
-Nazi zombie mode.

ps3isthebestobe

Superior Member
Jan 23, 2008
the idea behind a Nazi zombie mode can be very simple, i wont even try to prove you wrong because u are probably correct...but as i stated i mainly posted this because i found it extrememly interesting

The Reaper

Dedicated Member
Jun 2, 2008
[QUOTE="ps3isthebestobe, post: 0] and yes the man must of been a genius, to get a country of millions to follow his every word...[/quote]

hmmmm sounds like someone else i know in this great country of the USA :shock:

Croyles

Super Elite
Apr 6, 2007
[QUOTE="REFLEX, post: 0]Hitler was a tactical genius, he was also absolutely ripped on high quality medical grade amphetamines (Speed), he (Seriously) liked being pissed and ****ted on during sex, he had orgasms during some speeches, and yes.. he deeply believed in some aspects of the occult. Amongst other things.[/quote]

Nice story there, how did you come up with that one? lol.
Its true that he was superstitious, the rest is not though.

Sylar

Elite Sage
Aug 30, 2008
UK
I find it odd that they wonder why people go missing and are not found if there are around 800 different passages, a huge lake and a depth of over 1000 meters. I thought that would be self explanatory.
I knew Hitler had that house and there was a nearby village where like Nazi Generals had large houses but I didnt know he believed he could resurrect dead soldiers.

You learn somethin new every day!

nightcrawler

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2007
is this mountains same as the one in "Journey to center of the earth" mountain? If so we have some connection here, and it may be true. (excluding the dinosaurs and other BS stuff)

Aug 22, 2007
lol nazi zombies, i never got to play that part yesterday! are these smart zombies and can still use the guns but, can also eat your character. fast or slow in the game? that's probably a cool concept to put in this game, i'd want it in moderen warfare, i saw the dogs and thought it was really awesome

R

REFLEX

[QUOTE="Croyles, post: 0]Nice story there, how did you come up with that one? lol.
Its true that he was superstitious, the rest is not though.[/quote]

Uhm, yes, it is true. Go beyond any text book, or lesson in a class room and that stuff is 100% true.

The Reaper

Dedicated Member
Jun 2, 2008
i knew about hitler and his Nazi zombies when i was like 9 or 10 and im 25 now. thats WAY old news to me.

as for the game the zombies don't use guns. you are in a 3 story house and you get points for every shot that hits a zombie and also get points for each board you put back up on the windows and door. you use the points earned to buy stronger weapons and more ammo. and also to move furniture or ropen doors to get to other areas of the house. they start off MAD slow but do get faster

R

REFLEX

They do get a lot faster, and in greater numbers. The game mode is brilliant, the game its self is leagues better than any other COD out there. Great stuff.

Scheller

Forum Sage
May 9, 2006
Texas
I've been on that site every now and then... some of the stuff is just ridiculous.

Treyarch MAY have heard about this story but most likely it's that they wanted a fun mode for people to play and also that there are a quite a few zombie movies out there featuring zombies and so they just took the idea from that.

The Reaper

Dedicated Member
Jun 2, 2008
i would have to agree with REFLEX. aside from the annoying *** tanks being the new NOOB weapon of choice and taking SOOO much to destroy them. i'd have to say it slightly edges out COD4. only due to realism

ps3isthebestobe

Superior Member
Jan 23, 2008
i dont think its the mountain that was in Jules Verne's novel however there is definately a connection between a lot of these mountains including the one in the novel...in every case there are many stories of dwarfes, elves, Ufo bases, cases of people missing time. Well anyway i think theres a little bit more to it than just fantasy stories....up until 1991 America still controlled this mountain (since WW2) including all the secret passageways and tunnels, which some were supposedly built by the Nazi's as well as ones that allready existed?? Many claim that this is the entrance to the middle earth, where many great cities and the Ayran race reside....anyone following lol? i really dont know what to make of this stuff

Zatoichi

Elite Member
Sep 4, 2006
[QUOTE="The Reaper, post: 0]i would have to agree with REFLEX. aside from the annoying *** tanks being the new NOOB weapon of choice and taking SOOO much to destroy them. i'd have to say it slightly edges out COD4. only due to realism[/quote]
What realism is that? You're still on the side that takes only 1/4 as many casualties, whereas enemies eat bullets faster than they can be dished out.

Kopkiwi

Power Member
May 11, 2007
[QUOTE="Croyles, post: 0]Nice story there, how did you come up with that one? lol.
Its true that he was superstitious, the rest is not though.[/quote]

Sad to say, that what REFLEX says about his sexual "needs" is indeed true. My history teacher at school told me about it a few years back.

You guys want to read an interesting story? Within that same link there is another link to a caving dairy by a guy Ted. Scary as hell little read, had me reading for a few hours.

Infact here is the link, it is long, but worthwhile.

http://www.freewebs.com/huclan/caver/

Sep 6, 2007
There's a movie from the '70s called Shock Waves with Peter Cushing (the commander in Star Wars IV: New Hope) and it has nazi zombies in it. Green ones, in fact.