NBA 2K20 download issue.

Jul 27, 2020
Has anyone else had problems when downloading this game? I bought one month PlayStation + membership when i noticed that + members get this two other games for free. When i tried to download this game the download was interrupted after few seconds with the message which said that i don't have enough space in my hard drive. This game should take about 60 GB and i had about 80 GB free. I try to free even more space and i had almost 100 GB free then but every time i got this same message. I contacted the Sony support but i got no answer, I have never had problem like this with any other game.

TidalPhoenix

The Last of Us
Staff member
Dec 16, 2006
The problem is that when you download a game to the PS4 it also downloads all the latest updates at the same time, which can significantly increase the amount of free space you'll need. The only solution is to clear more space I'm afraid.

Jul 27, 2020
Thanks for the answer. You were right. When i had 150 GB of free space the download finally begun. I would have never guessed that a basketball game needs that much space. In comparsion Red Dead Redemption needed about 100 GB.

TidalPhoenix

The Last of Us
Staff member
Dec 16, 2006
Once all the updates are applied you will be left with a game that's the original size. It's just that it downloads all those at the same time before applying them