NBA Thread

L0ST

Superior Member
Nov 29, 2006
the Orlando MAGIC, not magics lol, need to get rid of bogans, garrity, dooling, and Hill. I had a feeling we were going for Lewis even though i was leaning towards Carter but it looks like carter is staying at NJ. Darko needs to realize hes not worth THAT much money, hes worth it but hes just asking way to much.

UndecideD

Master Poster
Mar 24, 2006
thecoldesigns.iforumer.com
[QUOTE="L0ST, post: 0]the Orlando MAGIC, not magics lol, need to get rid of bogans, garrity, dooling, and Hill. I had a feeling we were going for Lewis even though i was leaning towards Carter but it looks like carter is staying at NJ. Darko needs to realize hes not worth THAT much money, hes worth it but hes just asking way to much.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE="L0ST, post: 0]the Orlando MAGIC, not magics lol, need to get rid of bogans, garrity, dooling, and Hill. I had a feeling we were going for Lewis even though i was leaning towards Carter but it looks like carter is staying at NJ. Darko needs to realize hes not worth THAT much money, hes worth it but hes just asking way to much.[/QUOTE]

I don't think lewis would fit in well with the magic. They should get a good center and play Dwight at pf

UnReaL

Forum Guru
Oct 19, 2006
More Kobe Drama. Can someone shut this guy up, until after the draft?

Did Lewis just screw himself? He hired a new agent and looks like paper work was messed up or turned in late. Interesting to see how this will play out, but if he's still under contract than he just lost millions.

SE fanboy

Forum Elder
Oct 7, 2005
IS Kobe trying to make LA make him leave? God I hope its just the media overhyping the story and not Kobe. God it is getting so annoying.
Can't everyone STFU until the draft. I want to see what the Lakers do by then. If they can't get some good players by then, then maybe it is time to trade to the Bulls for Deng, Gordon, Wallace, and the 9th pick. :D

J

jakncoke

[QUOTE="SE fanboy, post: 0]IS Kobe trying to make LA make him leave? God I hope its just the media overhyping the story and not Kobe. God it is getting so annoying.
Can't everyone STFU until the draft. I want to see what the Lakers do by then. If they can't get some good players by then, then maybe it is time to trade to the Bulls for Deng, Gordon, Wallace, and the 9th pick. :D[/quote]

The day this happens will be the day hell freezes over , it would be very stupid for them to do so IMO. The Bulls dont need a ball hog in Kobe they need a low post player.

305_monzii

that would be a dumb trade. the bulls will be worse team by doin that trade. they should try an trade for garnett.

UnReaL

Forum Guru
Oct 19, 2006
[QUOTE="SE fanboy, post: 0]IS Kobe trying to make LA make him leave? God I hope its just the media overhyping the story and not Kobe. God it is getting so annoying.
Can't everyone STFU until the draft. I want to see what the Lakers do by then. If they can't get some good players by then, then maybe it is time to trade to the Bulls for Deng, Gordon, Wallace, and the 9th pick. :D[/quote]

Thats what I'm hoping for. Kobe needs to shut the F up already. Let the draft day come, and see what the Lakers do. If nothing than he can go off on the team. He is losing alot of support. He should have stopped talking after his first interview with Steven A. Smith.

As for the trade, Chicago would never give up that much for Kobe. Chicago won't give up that much for Garnett.

I'm still hoping for J.O, and Artest to come. I also love the deal with Houston. If Houston does that, they are Morons. Giving up Cook and the Greatest Practice 3 point shooter in Sasha....man that would be a steal for Head (who can actually make 3's in a real game) and Bonzi.

SE fanboy

Forum Elder
Oct 7, 2005
[QUOTE="UndecideD, post: 0]I don't want the rockets to trade luther head, he is a great three point shooter .[/quote]

Houston needs a power forward. You guys don't really need another SG when you already have T-Mac. I am not sure if trading for Brian Cook is a good idea for Houston but they need PF.

UnReaL

Forum Guru
Oct 19, 2006
I decided to add in a Garnett, Marion, and Kobe section, since there is alot of stuff out on them.

I will also add a Free-Agent section later on.

Mar 21, 2005
www.ps3portal.com
I really hope the suns dont trade marion, if you pay attention to the games he was the one that kept them alive throughout the season. Yea he doesnt take alot of shots but damn his defense is amazing. See the suns were being ripped for not having a defence and he brought it about by taking care of it, by trading him and getting garnett your just doing it again and hope that someone else follows through to play D.

Being a suns fan im kinda excited abbout the fact a good player like garnett is coming but i also dont want him. We already have good players like Amare and Nash so we dont care about name brand, and plus he wants money so sure go trade a player of ours we get him for a few years then when his contract is up see ya. Either that or another player will be gone.

If they loose marion then they better make sure Amare and Nash are very happy because thats 3 stars now turning to 2, so all the marion fans will turn to one of them. And you cant get rid of Amare because you know his potential, and Nash is a one of a kind. If it comes to one of them having to be traded then fine get rid of marion but be sure to get some equel or lesser value in return.

UnReaL

Forum Guru
Oct 19, 2006
I agree with you on Marion. Trading Marion makes no sense to me. If it wasn't for him the Lakers would have eliminated the Suns last year...(Damn you Marion). Marion has come up big when it counts. All the Suns need to do is get a Post player that can score without the help of Nash. Amare is already a dominant player, but he rarely makes his own scoring opportunities.

L0ST

Superior Member
Nov 29, 2006
NOOoooOoo. there goes my arenas/howard duo dreams for the magic... :(

Too bad hes not gettin traded...would of been nice :).

O btw its a No for Garnet to Boston

UnReaL

Forum Guru
Oct 19, 2006
[QUOTE="L0ST, post: 0]NOOoooOoo. there goes my arenas/howard duo dreams for the magic... :(

Too bad hes not gettin traded...would of been nice :).

O btw its a No for Garnet to Boston[/quote]

Thanks, got it updated. EAST is pretty weak, and teaming up with Pierce would make sense, but guess he doesn't want that. More like he wants Nash and Amare....

SE fanboy

Forum Elder
Oct 7, 2005
YES!!! Kevin Garnett said no to Celtics. Lakers have a chance to get him now. The only competition the Lakers have now is the Suns but I think the Suns already have a great core of players that can play great. They should just pay the damn luxury tax because if they don't they will be giving up a great lineup that has a great chance of winning it all next year.

I just hope the Suns say no so the lakers can acquire him.

If the Houston and the Minnesota trade can go through. The Lakers might look like this next season

Chris Mihm/ Jamaal Magloire
Kevin Garnett/Turiaf
Luke Walton/ Vlad
Kobe Bryant/ Mo
Luther Head/ Farmar

:D

KingJordan

The Marvelous One
Apr 12, 2006
Oxford, MS
[QUOTE="UndecideD, post: 0]I don't want the rockets to trade luther head, he is a great three point shooter .[/quote]

Why Why Why did the Rockets give up Juan Howard for Sike James? That befuddles me to a certain extent.

Mar 21, 2005
www.ps3portal.com
I was watching ESPN and saw a few things

-A lakers rep said there is no way Kobe is going back to the lakers and if he does it will be the last time you see him there because the management is fed up with it. He then went on to possible trades and said no team has enough to offer to trade for him so its unlikely thats true.

Then he said that the possible trades are superstars and i couldnt help but laugh when he said Nash is a likely trade. Haha i cant even imagine nash trade thats just unbeliviable.

-The garnett trade rumors are now all towards the suns. Both teams are looking for a trade to put him on the suns but if the suns dont follow through then the lakers are the remaining team. They turned down all other trade rumors and its just theese three teams now. They said its highly likely marion will be traded for garnet but the suns are back thinking because it will ruin the chemistry within the team, your slowing down your pace and the suns wont be fun to watch anymore.

But they are dedicated to acquiring a future hall famer to be apart of the suns. The way i see it if they can avoid trading amare, nash, and marion and still acquire garnet then we will be un beatable this year, suns would not be able to be stopped. Trade marion and acquire garnet and the team will have to change dramaticly and who knows how that will effect nash and amare.

L0ST

Superior Member
Nov 29, 2006
I dont see it happening at all, timberwolves would be dumb to trade within conference, make their chances even worse to win.

Jun 22, 2007
Kobe is a horrible teamate but he is the best player in the NBA, you cant trade him for garbage.WAIT! you cant trade him at all

As a laker fan i just dont know what to think anymore

SE fanboy

Forum Elder
Oct 7, 2005
If the suns trade, Marion will not be part of the package because he has said that he will opt out if he is traded to Minnesota. Do the Suns want to trade Amare. If I was them I wouldn't trade Amare for him because its going to slow down their game. Teams beat Phoenix by slowing down their game. I don't know how well he is going to fit in.

I personally want the Jermaine O'neal trade without Odom to fall through rather than Kevin Garnet's personally. Odom is a great player and he gave up a lot coming in to this season. His son died, he still played. He got injured, he came back hurt. He got hurt again, he played through the pain again. It was a terrible season for him and I hope the lakers do not trade him. LAKERS DONT TRADE ODOM MAN.

UnReaL

Forum Guru
Oct 19, 2006
First ESPN is the king of Rumors. They will make up anything to get ratings.

Kobe: First off, Jerry Buss has said no to trading Kobe, no matter what Kobe says or does. Why would you trade him if your the Lakers? You didn't get equal value for Shaq, and you sure as hell won't get equal for Kobe. No team is willing to give up their players for one man.

Second, Kobe's brings in cash. Trading him would result in season ticket holders being pissed. Kobe is the main attraction at home and away. His jersey was #1 in sales. Kobe and Lakers sell out everywhere they go. If you can't get a star back in return than whats the point?

Third, Kobe will play even if nothing happens. If he refuses, than the Lakers can suspend him without pay.

Garnett: Everyone in Garnett camp has said that he wants to go to a warm weather city, but no where mentions the Suns or any team. Its ESPN at it again. Marion does not want to go to Boston or Minnesota. Suns would be stupid to give up Amare, and would make no sense in giving up your future.

There are alot of things floating around, but I believe nothing will happen. Everyone will remain with their teams, but I do believe the Lakers are the only team that will make a major move.

Mar 21, 2005
www.ps3portal.com
^Yea but fans can only be mad for so long. It happened here in AZ even though in a differnt sport with Gonzo. Everyone bought tickets to see him, his jersey was number one selling merchandise and our games, and everyone loved him. Then when we decided to get rid of him every single dback fans got pissed but they all came back when the team started winning this season.

Im not saying this kobe thing is likely at all, but fans will be fans. Yes he is an Icon in LA but with him whining all the time and ticking off managment is it worth it?

What i think they should do is wait for a team to acquire a certian player thats really good to combine with the already good player, like for EXAMPLE suns acquiring garnet and keeping marion, then go to the suns and say "You want kobe then give us garnet and marion" Thats the only way i see Kobe leaving LA...Otherwise he is stuck there and he can wine all he wants no one cares. (Please dont say crap about the suns example i know it wont happen it was just an example)

Hippo

Elite Member
May 7, 2005
This is very simple guys...very simple...

Name a decade in which the Lakers didn't have a Superstar...I mean Hall of Fame Superstar...can't think of one can you?

90s
Bryant
O'Neal

80s
James Worthy
Magic Johnson
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

70s
Gail Goodrich
Wilt Chamberlain

60s
Jerry West
Elgin Baylor

50s
George Mikan

The Lakers are the Lakers because they have THAT star...that star that defines the NBA. Marion...Garnett...Arenas...who in their right mind say these names within the same breath of the above listed.

Fact, Kobe fills seats...Marion, Garnett, Arenas, Gordon, Deng, Pierce don't.

Jun 22, 2007
Why should the lakers keep Kobe if he said he wants to leave and bashes the organization and his teamates

As a laker fan i am thankful for the championships but you have to trade him and get young talent back before you lose him in two years for nothing

Mar 21, 2005
www.ps3portal.com
The Lakers are the Lakers because they have THAT star...that star that defines the NBA. Marion...Garnett...Arenas...who in their right mind say these names within the same breath of the above listed.

Fact, Kobe fills seats...Marion, Garnett, Arenas, Gordon, Deng, Pierce don't.
ESPN says otherwise lol, they think Garnett has the potential of being the next big thing but cant reach it on his current team. As for Marion not filling seats say that here in AZ when you see the sold out crowd wearing marion shirts. :)

Your right though they always have that one good guy on their team but i think its something to do with the lakers. They hype up the player, do everything they can to make him good, then do whatever they can to advertise him to sells seats. I mean put kobe on say the suns and he wont be the center of attention, he wont be the only playmaker, he wont touch the ball on every play, and he wont get his way because he is with other great guys that will soon if not already are the face of the NBA, of course im talking Nash and Amare.

J

jakncoke

Arenas , Garnet, Pierce dont fill seats? Right..../sarcasm , ppl just ignore the best player on the team , right?

Hippo

Elite Member
May 7, 2005
[QUOTE="jasonbay, post: 0]Arenas , Garnet, Pierce dont fill seats? Right..../sarcasm , ppl just ignore the best player on the team , right?[/QUOTE]

No, they don't. Do people go to Wizards, Wolves, or Celtics games to watch them...no, and I swear by that. I'm not denying their outstanding talent, but Kobe is just a level above them in terms of star appeal. And, if you stick any one of those three players on the Lakers two things will happen:

1. They won't attract the same number of people to the arena as Kobe did.

2. They won't win any more games with the Lakers than Kobe did.

If Garnet and Pierce can't carry their current lineup to the playoffs than how in the world are they going to carry the Lakers into the playoffs. Pierce especially, he can't even get into the playoffs in the East...out of the worse division in NBA history.

As for Arenas, people were arguing with me two/three months ago that he wasn't even the star of the team...Jaminson was. What does that tell you about his star quality?

J

jakncoke

[QUOTE="Hippo, post: 0]No, they don't. Do people go to Wizards, Wolves, or Celtics games to watch them...no, and I swear by that. I'm not denying their outstanding talent, but Kobe is just a level above them in terms of star appeal. And, if you stick any one of those three players on the Lakers two things will happen:

1. They won't attract the same number of people to the arena as Kobe did.

2. They won't win any more games with the Lakers than Kobe did.

If Garnet and Pierce can't carry their current lineup to the playoffs than how in the world are they going to carry the Lakers into the playoffs. Pierce especially, he can't even get into the playoffs in the East...out of the worse division in NBA history.

As for Arenas, people were arguing with me two/three months ago that he wasn't even the star of the team...Jaminson was. What does that tell you about his star quality?[/quote]

ahh yes they do and I double swear by that making my statement 130% more accurrate than your claim. Sure ppl are going to watch Kobe more as much as I hate to admit it but he's better than them star wise and talent wise and although he had Shaq he still won 3 rings which is 3x more than all 3 of those guys have done. And umm that last statement..well you were just discussing with a bunch a morons...thats about all I can say on that matter. And to comment on your paragraph about above the Arenas not a star , Im not talking about where they'd go if they got traded ...im just saying alot of ppl go to games to see those 3 ..and they do you may think otherwise but they do.

Hippo

Elite Member
May 7, 2005
[QUOTE="jasonbay, post: 0]ahh yes they do and I double swear by that making my statement 130% more accurrate than your claim. Sure ppl are going to watch Kobe more as much as I hate to admit it but he's better than them star wise and talent wise and although he had Shaq he still won 3 rings which is 3x more than all 3 of those guys have done. And umm that last statement..well you were just discussing with a bunch a morons...thats about all I can say on that matter. And to comment on your paragraph about above the Arenas not a star , Im not talking about where they'd go if they got traded ...im just saying alot of ppl go to games to see those 3 ..and they do you may think otherwise but they do.[/QUOTE]

I still don't think Arenas, Garnett, or Pierce can sell as many tickets as Kobe does in LA and when the team isn't doing well. Lakers games still sell out often because people want to go watch Kobe put up 50...60 points. I don't think the same can be said for Arenas, Garnett, and Pierce. When the Wizards sucked two years ago no one went to see the games, espcially not just to see Arenas play. Same can't be said for Kobe. Its even easier to make a case for Garnett and Pierce.

Fact remains, when the Lakers come to someone's home team the likelyhood of someone going to that game just to see Kobe is high...a lot higher than someone going to go see their home team play the Wizards, Wolves, or Celtics just to see Arenas, Garnett, and Pierce.

UndecideD

Master Poster
Mar 24, 2006
thecoldesigns.iforumer.com
[QUOTE="Hippo, post: 0]I still don't think Arenas, Garnett, or Pierce can sell as many tickets as Kobe does in LA and when the team isn't doing well. Lakers games still sell out often because people want to go watch Kobe put up 50...60 points. I don't think the same can be said for Arenas, Garnett, and Pierce. When the Wizards sucked two years ago no one went to see the games, espcially not just to see Arenas play. Same can't be said for Kobe. Its even easier to make a case for Garnett and Pierce.

Fact remains, when the Lakers come to someone's home team the likelyhood of someone going to that game just to see Kobe is high...a lot higher than someone going to go see their home team play the Wizards, Wolves, or Celtics just to see Arenas, Garnett, and Pierce.[/QUOTE]

LMAO wasn't it Arenas who dropped 60 against the lakers last season. hmmm...he wouldn't sell tickets...