NCAA Football Thread

B

Big_Dog_Status32

New to PSU and to the forum. Was wondering if anybody would like to start an online dynasty with NCAA 2011? I want to find people who can commit to a game a day.

Metfanant

Forum Sage
Apr 12, 2006
NY
[QUOTE="R_Mac_1, post: 5280891]Anyone watch the Illinois-Northwestern game at Wrigley today? Illini had over 500 yards rushing. **** was ridiculous. I've never seen a run game dominate a game like that.[/QUOTE]

Good game...and great to are those types of numbers....but there was only one baseball stadium game that should have been played today....

The game at Wrigley just seemed very "me too"

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

R_Mac_1

Forum Guru
Nov 29, 2007
Corpus Christi, TX
True...but I couldn't care less about a Notre Dame-Army game. The game being at Wrigley was cool I guess, just because the nostalgia factor. But, I would have watched the game regardless. I'm an Illini fan so I watch most games. Mikel Leshoure, with 33 carries/330 rush yards, is officially a beast (but Illini fans knew he was good). Our RS freshman QB Scheelhaase has a ton of upside and looks like he could be pretty dangerous in the coming years.

Metfanant

Forum Sage
Apr 12, 2006
NY
[QUOTE="R_Mac_1, post: 5281484]True...but I couldn't care less about a Notre Dame-Army game. The game being at Wrigley was cool I guess, just because the nostalgia factor. But, I would have watched the game regardless. I'm an Illini fan so I watch most games. Mikel Leshoure, with 33 carries/330 rush yards, is officially a beast (but Illini fans knew he was good). Our RS freshman QB Scheelhaase has a ton of upside and looks like he could be pretty dangerous in the coming years.[/QUOTE]

as an Illinois fan i can understand your interest in the game....i just feel that Notre Dame v. Army @ Yankee Stadium was above and beyond the more historically significant game...

Tribunal

Forum Sage
Dec 10, 2005
[QUOTE="F34R, post: 5281509]Really hoping my Gamecocks play well against Clemson and Auburn....[/QUOTE]

Hah, if only I could have that kind of optimism.

Today is the start of the worst week of the year. Ohio State on Saturday. And Michigan has no Defense to speak of.

May 5, 2011
USA
What happened? Why'd the discussions stop?

Any way, Big Ten now has Nebraska in it. Pac Ten is now the Pac 12 with
Utah and Colorado. BYU is going independent and TCU went to the Big East.

TCU and Nebraska are the winners of the moves.

Feb 11, 2008
South Carolina
woot. Carolina defeats Navy in a really hard fought battle. Damn that triple option was confusing lol. Defense came up with some key stops, and Latimore is a fucking beast!

R_Mac_1

Forum Guru
Nov 29, 2007
Corpus Christi, TX
I was overall pretty impressed by the Illini today against Arizona St. Their offense didn't play great, and the D gave up a lot of pass completions that kept some ASU drives alive, but they got a ton of pressure on the QB in the 2nd half and it was the difference in the game.

Today was cool because I got to catch chunks of a lot of different games today. The most painful to watch was Iowa coming back to beat Pitt. I hate Iowa.

Tribunal

Forum Sage
Dec 10, 2005
I root for all Big Ten until they play Michigan.... well except for the obvious Ohio State games. In which case I'm glad they got beaten by a TERRIBLE Miami team. Gives me hope that maybe we can finally beat those assholes.

Tribunal

Forum Sage
Dec 10, 2005
I hate NFL, it's sooooo boring.

I was actually surprised that Tennessee lost, their QB is going to be a monster when he's an upper classmen, I guess the team just hasen't been able to take it to the next level yet. Derek Dooley is definitely the coach for the job however.

Feb 11, 2008
South Carolina
[QUOTE="BSHAW27, post: 5671866]FSU fan here I hope we can recover from that Oklahoma game and stomp Clemson today[/QUOTE]
Well, that just didn't happen, but it was a damn good game. Look at Clemson, jumped from not being ranked, to 13th by the AP.
Glad my Cocks won today.. wasn't the prettiest offensively, but defensively they played a really good game. Pretty bad when one player has more yards than the other teams total yards.

Feb 11, 2008
South Carolina
LSU will win it, no matter who they play...

So, LSU won, Gamecocks won. It was too bad the Gamecocks needed Georgia to lose in order to get to the SEC Champ game. Otherwise, pretty good day in college FB for me.

Agriel

Forum Sage
Mar 7, 2007
this week was crazy, Iowa St beats Okla. St. USC beats Oregon at home, and OU loses also. Looking like it will be an SEC NC after all.

XMW

Super Elite
Jun 22, 2008
Iowa State was very sloppy throughout their game with Oklahome State imo. Alot of incomplete passes etc.. Really wanted OSU to win, unfortunately they didn't.. ah well.. atleast the overtime was exciting.