need for speed 2007 discussion

saleenf5

Elite Member
Mar 20, 2007
well when i read about this and watched the teaset i was like wow! EA is leaving the street racing behind and taking the racing to pro tracks, like forza maby 0.o! I think this is probably be the best nfs title, how bout you? discuss

A

airupthere23

I think there's already a NFS 2007 thread, but anyway...

My favorite Need for Speed game has to be Need for Speed II: Hot Pursuit, I think it was like one of the first games to incorporate police chasing you.

InfernoReaper

Superior Member
Jan 17, 2007
I've always played NFS because it was NOT a sim, as I am told it will be this year.
If you want a sim, play GT. EA needs to stick with what people like, and it's open world racing.

Mar 28, 2007
I ain't buyin it if it'll not feature same old street racin style. I guess NFS was popular because of street racing type gameplay only.

B

bahomet

The first NFS that had police chasing you was NFS:3 and in my opinion the BEST in the series so far was NFS: Porsche Unleashed, that was a superb game. After that, sh1ti game after sh1ti game...

J

jakncoke

@ thread starter how can this best when there really no info ? Anywho the jury is still out for me , Most Wanted and Carbon seriously disapointed to the fact that I might boycott on this game , Also IMO there has only been 3 good nfs's outta what 9 ? and thats hot pursuit , high stakes and underground 2

S

stetheboro

Give me a version like Most Wanted, Carbon I played for about 1hr before uninstalling and giving the game away

DOHC

Superior Member
Nov 24, 2006
this game should be completely online only. you have to win races to make money to upgrade your cars. you should be able to trade, sell (steal) and all that good stuff.

cruzader

Dedicated Member
Dec 28, 2006
NFS needs to stay with the street racing genre of racing. At the moment, I think it is the best street racer. It can't possibly compete within the same lines as GT or Forza...

marti_

Superior Member
May 17, 2007
DOHC: i partialy agree with you. while i think you need an offline base for the game (not everyone has internet access), definately a good portion should be online. it would be sweet have a car that you've upgraded/obtained unique parts from by racing ppl online - damn that would cool.

has there been any confirmation about when this game is coming out? i get pal euro games, so probably late 2010!.

Mist

Super Elite
Mar 5, 2007
[QUOTE="Pgsley, post: 0]Same old same old thats what i think[/quote]

If it's not broke...

I think NFS plays well, as already said, I'd be happy with an updated Most Wanted.

J

jakncoke

^^^

haha thats nice saying when true , in this case it isnt ...I still cant see how so many enjoyed the last 2 when they were complete garbage , they went complete downhill. Personally I think EA needs to do a major overhaul with the game and actually get creative with this one , I'll never understand how EA makes so much while releasing little to no good games..It quite sickening when you look at other devs that far supieor and should be making 10X the amount . All I got to say is they need to turn there averageness around sooner or later , you hear more and more ppl that are getting fed up with EA its just sad that the ppl that buy no matter what are outnumbering the other by alot.

May 27, 2007
PS3 Mag gave NFS Carbon a 58% saying that the PS2 version is the exact same. A Most Wanted II would be a much better game. :DD

Mist

Super Elite
Mar 5, 2007
Yeah Carbon was nothing compared to Most Wanted, I spent so much time on that game and never got bored with it.

Most Wanted II is needed!

May 25, 2007
Need for Speed's USP has always been street racing. I think they'll struggle to compete with the likes of GT and FM, unless EA (Black Box?) can really pull something out of the bag. Having said that, I'll probably still buy it if the car customisation is good.