Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit

irish-sid

I'm a hater, a traito.
Aug 26, 2007
I'm thinking of getting this game but couldn't find a thread about it. Don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

Do any of you have it? I was looking for impressions on it if you don't mind.

Is the single player any good? What's it compared to?

How do you find the online? Good fun? Laggy? Voice chat ok?

Abdou23

Forum Elder
Sep 16, 2008
Egypt
There is an official thread you should search for it, anyway the game is amazing, single player is great for both racers and cops, Multiplayer is fun too but i didn't spent much time wit hit as i yet to finish the single player mode. If you into racing games and likes pursuits then definitely get this one.

darky89

Forum Sage
Dec 3, 2007
In the bushes.
I've got for the 360. It is pretty cool. A couple of annoying things... there's no split screen, one player only. And there's no 'quick race' where you can set up the car / track to your liking.... two stupid things that should be in EVERY racing game. But yeah, other than that it's pretty quality.

I've found the online fun too. Especially the one with 4 racers and 4 cops. The best thing is being either is just as fun. So you're never annoyed at being put randomly onto a certain one, it switches every race anyway.

metalbeast

Superior Member
Sep 26, 2008
If you like arcade racers, it's brilliant. I haven't had so much fun with a racer since Burnout. I'm actually waiting for more DLC to come out, because I've done all events to Gold medal now, so I need more :D

irish-sid

I'm a hater, a traito.
Aug 26, 2007
Been playing it since i bought it and it's brilliant! Completed everything for cops and racers (not golds on all though) so I'm gonna go back through them and beat it all. Very good fun.
I'll take it online in the next day or two aswell.

Is it dedi servers? Or is lag non existent anyway?

gillmanjr

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2008
NY
I just bought it two weeks ago, I'm having tons of fun with it. I'm usually much more into simulators but this game is fantastic, and yes the single player is great (and long) and there are a good number of cars to choose from.

metalbeast

Superior Member
Sep 26, 2008
[QUOTE="irish-sid, post: 5354412]Is it dedi servers? Or is lag non existent anyway?[/QUOTE]

You occasionally get some lag, but I found the vast majority of my games to be very smooth and without problems. Some companies could learn a lesson or two from Criterions netcode :)

metalbeast

Superior Member
Sep 26, 2008
[QUOTE="Hedrush, post: 5354496]Thew only gripe I got about this game is the "rapid response" levels. I mean cmon wtf!! some are real easy and others are impossible. Great game tho :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah some of them have you thinking "how the hell can you get gold on this...". The key is not to get frustrated, because then you'll make mistakes. For the few that I had problems with, I found that playing them 3 or 4 times in a row and being calm was the key. It's all about working out which corner you can cut safely, and which shortcut to take - some shortcuts seem like a good idea, but they have a higher risk of hitting something. Trial and error, stick with it :)

GazzaGSi

Elite Guru
May 9, 2007
Really enjoyed getting the platinum for this and online hot pursuits are a blast as well.
A lot of fun and the crash's are awesome. Photomode is brilliant and the autolog feature keeps you coming back for more when someone in your friends list beats 1 of your times. If your PSN is also linked to your EA account (if you have one) you can view the photo's you took on the net and download them. Remember to check your milestone list as if you need to level up to the next rank of a cop or racer completing milestones give you a fair bit of xp.

timberflake

Superior Member
Sep 20, 2007
[QUOTE="Hedrush, post: 5354496]Thew only gripe I got about this game is the "rapid response" levels. I mean cmon wtf!! some are real easy and others are impossible. Great game tho :)[/QUOTE]

I hated RR too, but I platinumed the game in the end. I found the best way to get gold on RR is to sacrifice speed for a good racing line & not hitting cars or the sides, then the golds started pouring in!

Nov 22, 2005
First off, it's "Pursuit" not "Persuit". Also, I still need to play this game (have it on the PC) and I do love the Burnout games, and I know this would kick serious ***.

irish-sid

I'm a hater, a traito.
Aug 26, 2007
^ my apologies :/

I have gold too on all except the rapid response levels (I've saved Golding them till last)
I'd recommend this game to anyone, it's great fun, but I found the single player quite short. I got the game 2 days ago and have almost gilded it all. I played solidly though, had three days off, and I also haven't played online which should hopefull, if good, extend the game somewhat more.

Is there any DLC announced for this game? (extra races ect...)

irish-sid

I'm a hater, a traito.
Aug 26, 2007
^ my apologies :/

I have gold too on all except the rapid response levels (I've saved Golding them till last)
I'd recommend this game to anyone, it's great fun, but I found the single player quite short. I got the game 2 days ago and have almost gilded it all. I played solidly though, had three days off, and I also haven't played online which should hopefull, if good, extend the game somewhat more.

Is there any DLC announced for this game? (extra races ect...)

timberflake

Superior Member
Sep 20, 2007
[QUOTE="irish-sid, post: 5355759]^ my apologies :/

Is there any DLC announced for this game? (extra races ect...)[/QUOTE]

Theres a sports pack dlc already out.

irish-sid

I'm a hater, a traito.
Aug 26, 2007
There's a few things available in the store. I'd it just the "Super Sports" pack that has the extra races and stuff? I don't want to download cars I already own ect... What's the rest of the stuff on the store?

Vader555

Superior Member
Jun 10, 2009
I really enjoyed getting the platinum for this game too, was a hell of a lot of fun and took me over 30 hours, so i really felt i got my moneys worth :D I also bought the super sports pack DLC, you get 3 cars, 5 cop events and 8 racer events i think. Really worth it for the extra content and fun to be had. I only need to gold 5 more of the racer events to get my very last trophy. Great game and would recommend it to anyone.

Oh and as someone else said, keeping calm is the key to Rapid Response events. :p

GazzaGSi

Elite Guru
May 9, 2007
Ah the rapid responses. Very infuriating at times :lol: Just gotta stick with it :D

Total completion time for me was around 30 hours for the plat as well.

irish-sid

I'm a hater, a traito.
Aug 26, 2007
I bought the Pack with the extra cars and missions so im looking forward to that.
What is the other stuff though? Are they cars that you get in the pack anyway and cars you unlock by playing the game or are they cars you can't get any other way?

timberflake

Superior Member
Sep 20, 2007
[QUOTE="irish-sid, post: 5355934]I bought the Pack with the extra cars and missions so im looking forward to that.
What is the other stuff though? Are they cars that you get in the pack anyway and cars you unlock by playing the game or are they cars you can't get any other way?[/QUOTE]

They're cars you unlock by playing the game or you can buy them if you're too lazy!

timberflake

Superior Member
Sep 20, 2007
[QUOTE="irish-sid, post: 5355946]Thanks. I've unlocked the regular cars. So are all the other cars included in the pack?[/QUOTE]

If you've unlocked all the cars & bought the sports pack you've got all the cars apart from one version of the Bugatti Veyron thats no different to the normal version (i think anyway!)