Netflix still works during PSN downtime (video)

Omar

Forum Overseer
May 29, 2005
Addison, TX.
[QUOTE="Kingpin326, post: 5513912]You'd be surprised on how many people don't know this.[/QUOTE]

Oh I'm sure. The funny thing is that my wife got on netflix and then I tried getting on later on and I figured it wouldn't let me because of the network being down....so I tried to not sign in...and it wouldn't let me so I got tired of it and told it to sign in and it worked.

apparently PSN isn't NEEDED to get on Netflix but they want you to at least try and sign up at least. That way their number goes up.

Jun 3, 2007
Northern VA
www.youtube.com
[QUOTE="Sufi, post: 5513915]Oh I'm sure. The funny thing is that my wife got on netflix and then I tried getting on later on and I figured it wouldn't let me because of the network being down....so I tried to not sign in...and it wouldn't let me so I got tired of it and told it to sign in and it worked.

apparently PSN isn't NEEDED to get on Netflix but they want you to at least try and sign up at least. That way their number goes up.[/QUOTE]

Yup most people assumed that since PSN is down Netflix is down as well.

Omar

Forum Overseer
May 29, 2005
Addison, TX.
[QUOTE="mrglorious, post: 5513925]Netflix will always work with a internet connection, I don't know why they say you have to be signed in.[/QUOTE]

1) So that you would "have" to sign up for PSN.

2) It just checks that you have a valid sign in...after that, it doesn't care if the PSN service is down or not.

I think that they should make it more steamlined, it should be tied to an account and thus would not need to be checked everytime. Netflix is kinda lazy with updates...this shouldn't be a tough update.

Omar

Forum Overseer
May 29, 2005
Addison, TX.
[QUOTE="triggap, post: 5513987]You don't need to see my identification...

This IS the console you're looking for...

CONNECTED![/QUOTE]
+rep

Fon

Master Guru
Oct 5, 2009
@Home
[QUOTE="Kingpin326, post: 5513912]You'd be surprised on how many people don't know this.[/QUOTE]I didn't know about this XD +Rep

Edit: Aw, I can't give you rep yet. :-(

xXSUPA_LAMEXx

Superior Member
Aug 31, 2009
Peoria, IL
It doesnt work anymore. At least for me. Now when i try to watch a movie on it I get an error message from netflix and not from the xmb. It's an in-netflix error message saying there is a problem connecting to the psn and keeps making me sign in. Instead of just making me try to sign in and then working. Now im just put in circles of attemping to log in over and over again. WTF anyone else netflix now not work??

C

cbman

yea i actually said how easy it was a couple days ago,the only reason really is for the numbers and to show your friends what your doing,even before the psn shutdown i always disconnected before watching so i dont have to see everytime someone logs on and off..:lol: and someone said it wasnt working for them and i just tried again and still works fine here..:cool: