New Ad Type?

AaronSOLDIER

Ultimate Veteran
Apr 5, 2007
forums.final7fantasy.com
I got one just before I logged in and its BS if this is gonna happen every now and then. I've been on a forum before with a lot of members but the ads hardly got clicked so the admin put pop up ads on and everyone left.

So what's more important? All of your forum members or a few extra bucks in your back pocket?

Steve

Forum Sage
Nov 19, 2008
Columbia, MO
That's unfortunate. Definitely an incentive to subscribe. Hopefully something will be done about these ads though. I understand how annoying they can be based on my experience from other sites.

HaTriX

Elite Guru
Sep 26, 2007
Have you people never heard of ad block plus ? Like seriously ? I didn't even know this website had ads until people started bitching about it.

Steve

Forum Sage
Nov 19, 2008
Columbia, MO
[QUOTE="HaTriX, post: 0]Have you people never heard of ad block plus ? Like seriously ? I didn't even know this website had ads until people started bitching about it.[/quote]

Completely forgot about that. I downloaded that awhile back, and man was it a savior. I believe it is an only Firefox add-on, yes?

Yeah, for those of you who are not familiar with this nice little add-on for Firefox, it definitely is a great if you're sick of dealing with ads. It particularly gets rid of the abundance of Bing ads that link "key words" to "Bing searches".

+ Rep Hatrix.

higgos22

Master Guru
Feb 8, 2009
Ads dont bother me even if they pop up i dint take notice
just a slight annoyance
just think you say disk swaping ok but having to click and take extra few seconds oh no

Well i spose its differnt haha

sainraja

Forum Sage
Jun 16, 2006
www.hussainraja.com
[QUOTE="F34R, post: 0]I've never seen an ad, before or after I sub'd..[/quote]

I've seen these new ad-types. They probably just started these, the reason you haven't seen it.

If it happens more, I'll be posting less. Or I should just get one of these add-ons...

sainraja

Forum Sage
Jun 16, 2006
www.hussainraja.com
I'm using ad-block now. I am not sure if by making the browsing experience worse is the best way to get people to subscribe. No ads is not incentive enough for me to pay for the privilege to post.

There are other forums out there to post on if this forum takes the subscription route completely.

Because of this new ad-type, I'm not even seeing the ads (ad-block +) that I use to see!