New Dualshock 4 controller never stops charging?

Apr 25, 2020
Problem: Dualshock controller charging light (orange pulse) never stops, It will keep charging forever.
It does charge, but it never stops charging.

I bought 2 new Dualshock 4 controllers a few weeks ago, I started charging both of them and a few hours later one stopped the orange light pulsing thing (so It was fully charged) but the other controller never stops this pulse, no matter how much time I left it plugged in. I tested different cables, charging station, but it just keeps this orange light pulse forever. The controller does charge because I used it anyways and it does get charged but I really want to know what's going on. Anyone experienced something like this?

Thanks!

TidalPhoenix

The Last of Us
Staff member
Dec 16, 2006
If it's holding its charge then I would probably just accept it as it is. However if it's bugging you then perhaps try to reset the controller. Turn it over and on they under side there's s tiny pinhole near the left trigger. You can stick a pin in there for around 5-10 seconds and that will reset the controller. You'll probably need to connect physically again to the PS4 (to pair it), but that has been known to fix a number of issues reported about charging the controller