New map ratings.

Paul1967

Superior Member
Jan 4, 2008
Creek - Amazing, you can flank the opponents , snipe, or just run at them. Really hard to get from one side of the map to the other. It is a snipers paradise but has some built up areas for close combat. 10/10

Broadcast - Really poor, bit plain and simple. Most people skip it already.4/10

Chinatown - Another fine addition. This has it all, so many buildings that you are allowed into, so many vantage points and high action packed areas. 8/10

Haven't played the remaining one yet, joined my friends party who dosen't have the map pack yet

Oct 17, 2007
[QUOTE="Danny2304, post: 2757224]just over 500mg i think!

Creek is an amazing level plus i like Chinatown :)[/quote]

Nice, ty and +rep

(heads off to download)

dishes

Superior Member
Jul 5, 2007
I thought I heard that Killhouse was only going to be playable in private matches, I may be wrong though.

DSSS91

Apprentice
Jun 15, 2007
By the way, has anyone noticed ChinaTown is an exact replica of Carentan from Call of Duty 1 and 2. -Apart from the China part.

Dec 12, 2007
[QUOTE="Symbiant Xenos, post: 0]Nice, ty and +rep

(heads off to download)[/quote]

Its 358mb, just to be clearer for you.

:)

B

BigBen757

I cant wait for Chinatown since its just a re-skinned Carentan, and thats the best map from CoD 1 & 2. Should be amazing.

[QUOTE="DSSS91, post: 0]By the way, has anyone noticed ChinaTown is an exact replica of Carentan from Call of Duty 1 and 2. -Apart from the China part.[/quote]

Oops, someone beat me to it. Yea, IW Announced that it was Carentan just reskinned a little bit back on Game Trailers.

DSSS91

Apprentice
Jun 15, 2007
[QUOTE="BigBen757, post: 0]Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear. -Thomas Jefferson[/quote]

Couldn't agree more, and based on that (and other things), I personally conclude there is no God. But lets not talk about God on the wrong thread. Sorry.

Jan 28, 2008
Am I the only one who likes broadcast? its freaking ace! better than creek imo which i thought would be the best, but yeah the maps are cool and they should have made killhouse online aswell instead of private only :( :)

A

Alibi86

[QUOTE="strikeforce69, post: 0]Am I the only one who likes broadcast? its freaking ace! better than creek imo which i thought would be the best, but yeah the maps are cool and they should have made killhouse online aswell instead of private only :( :)[/quote]

I like Broadcast too, and I have a hard time seeing people in Chinatown, i get shot before i can get very far. maybe i need to learn the map a little better. And, I actually didnt even know Killhouse was private only, and since I dont have many friends who play the game, ADD ME ON PSN arl0886. just tell me you are from the forums and ill add you.

hood

Elite Member
Dec 2, 2005
[QUOTE="SwitchBlade, post: 0]I think Broadcast is the best map of the new set. I hate Chinatown, it's just people camping in random buildings....[/QUOTE]

I second that i really like broadcast i dont like chinatown that much though but is a good map creek is cool though my fav. I like Killhouse also 4 maps 10 bucks not bad

Mar 12, 2008
after Purchasing I played for 2 hours and didn't even see one of the 4 maps I had just purchased... It would be nice if you could do a search for maps in the server selection and not just which type of game.

DaNxtLT

Apprentice
Mar 22, 2008
Killhouse exists but the maps from the map packs are going to be combined with the regular map modes next week and Killhouse is a Cage match map

DoomHand

Apprentice
Oct 16, 2007
well i LOVE creek its a awesome map that is deceptively big. a large outdoor map with lots of trees, some cliffs, and a half bombed like town. it even has a cave :). deff a 10/10

broadcast is a close second. i like the variety of things like the monitor room with the cubicals, and the many hallways as well as the outside buildings part. the bathroom with the miscellaneous hole in the wall. it just seems hard in S&D matches so a 9/10

now i dont really like Chinatown that much. it is far from a bad map but not close to my fave. i like the setting and how it is at night. and exploring it with my clan before jumping in, it seemed like an amazing map. but once in a full game it dropped down a bit.cant really explain why just dosnt feel right or something. but a good map none the less still give it the DoomHand stamp of approval with a 7/10

ok now the bad news. in my opinion Kill House is garbage. it is my least fav COD map ever. i cant remember the last time i played a online game that had such a horrible map. its small, and ugly. if you ever have to play it online be prepared for nading like crazy. its kind of like shipment (i think thats the small current map in cod4) but slightly bigger and it has walls so you don't have to worry abought over throwing nades. there isnt much to the map at all its just porly done in every way. i give the DoomHand warning of DOOM!!!!! i give it a 2/10. as it still is a map and no real problems except the design and whatnot. stay far from this map, and you will enjoy the pack. a bit steep price wise for 3 good maps but i recommend it

DoomHand

Apprentice
Oct 16, 2007
[QUOTE="Da_Monstar, post: 0]after Purchasing I played for 2 hours and didn't even see one of the 4 maps I had just purchased... It would be nice if you could do a search for maps in the server selection and not just which type of game.[/quote]

you have to select the new game mode options at the bottom of the list. then it only will play the new maps. it is du to the fact that only map pack buyers get to have a double XP weekend. after which the maps will be meshed into the rest of the modes :)

Miney

Forum Elder
Oct 31, 2007
Maps are great. I like all of them. Each have their advantage points and disadvantages. I have found that they have really catered for Snipers and Camping in every map though. They are soo big and roamable. Especially Creek and Chinatown. Chinatown you can pretty much enter any building which leads to a primary sniping position for on comers.

They're great :)

ps3954

Elite Member
Nov 8, 2006
[QUOTE="strikeforce69, post: 0]Am I the only one who likes broadcast? its freaking ace! better than creek imo which i thought would be the best, but yeah the maps are cool and they should have made killhouse online aswell instead of private only :( :)[/QUOTE]
i know

i love broadcast, specially for search and destroy

Nov 20, 2007
when we played sabotage on creek. it took quite long for the match to end as the map is like huge. and u always spawn at the end. but fun though. 9/10!!

noD

Superior Member
Dec 10, 2007
Georgia
How do you get to the new maps.
Is there a lobby just to play the new map?
Are they mixed in with the current maps?
What happens to people in your session who don't have the new maps?

Nov 20, 2007
My mate got the 360 version and he said you can only play Kill House on Hardcore when it first came out. I played a private game with it and its mad, like shipment but smaller!!