*New* Metal Gear Rising Gameplay Trailer

Firefox

Master Sage
Jan 7, 2006
Canada
My jaw is on the floor.. How Epic was that? (see entire trailer) People doubted Platinum Games after the first trailer.. well you have your answer now.

Majority of Gameplay from 2:00

1) HD Quality Trailer: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2012-metal-gear/730759

Youtube link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ONT6-8B94Y&hd=1

[video=youtube;2ONT6-8B94Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ONT6-8B94Y&hd=1[/video]

2) More Rising Gameplay and Detailed Katana Mechanics demo in the Konami Press Conference: starts at 18:50
http://www.psu.com/forums/showthrea...nference-2012-*ZOE-HD-Rising-PES-Castlevania*

3) New Mega 64 Trailer with gameplay:

http://youtu.be/uAjv3wN-QZc

Last edited:

Joe Zombie

Superior Member
May 16, 2008
^ Thats a shame, I think they're great.

And the trailer is fantastic. I never really doubted this game to begin with, although I was biased against the idea for a bit because I love stealth games.

Firefox

Master Sage
Jan 7, 2006
Canada
More Rising Gameplay and Detailed Katana Mechanics demo in the Konami Press Conference: starts at 18:50
http://www.psu.com/forums/showthrea...nference-2012-*ZOE-HD-Rising-PES-Castlevania*

The gameplay from 2:00.. what more can we say but that it EXCEEDED our expectations!

Semi-Off topic Platinum Games rant below.. ;)

I think Vanquish, MadWorld, and Bayonetta are some of the best games this gen but Rising perhaps can top Bayonetta! And it's Platinum Games so you are sure to have a lot of replayability for singpleplayer.

Last edited:

Mael Duin

Elite Sage
Sep 12, 2005
Oh yeah, that's what I'm talking about! Looks great and exactly what I expected it to be. Can't wait!

Ghost

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 12, 2009
Awesome! I never doubted this game. It's not MGS but I love the slicing and dicing of shit into pieces. Wanted to do that ever since MGS4.

Nitey

Elite Guru
Jan 17, 2011
Holy crap, the helicopter slice up ... Shiit! When it was announced PG was making this game I was a bit disappointed and the first trailer didn't do much for me, but as a huge fan of Bayonetta and Vanquish I have no doubt this'll be a fantastic game

$_KD_

Super Elite
Apr 9, 2006
I swear when i first seen that bulky dude in all black armor, thought it was fatman from mgs2.

TRF

Dedicated Member
Jun 1, 2010
n00 y4wk
ps3nation.roflforum.com
The Mega64 video was so lol :snicker

The game looks awesome. I know people have complained about the game not being a stealth title, but did you even see what shit Raiden could do in MGS4?! How could you not wanna play as him after that?!

Tapatalking from my bed. Ya mutha says hi.

Naxi

The Dawkness!
Sep 3, 2006
UK
www.last.fm
[QUOTE="Ghost-Rhayne, post: 5838051]There are stealth elements to this game, just not Snake style stealth.[/QUOTE]Even for this game? I remember they promised that when it was made by the original studio, but i don't know about this one.

Ghost

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 12, 2009
[QUOTE="Naxi, post: 5838055]Even for this game? I remember they promised that when it was made by the original studio, but i don't know about this one.[/QUOTE]

Check the vid again :) He leaps down off a building onto an unsuspecting guard and does a badass 1 hit kill. In another shot he sneaks up behind a guard standing by a pillar and cuts them both into bits. Kojima said in the early days that there would be a stealth element to this game, but it would be more like a hunter stalking its prey rather than conventional MGS stealth.

Steve

Forum Sage
Nov 19, 2008
Columbia, MO
What can be said that hasn't already been said? The game is looking good; very fast paced, and the gameplay seems to have an interesting flow to it. Of course, I worry that when I pick up the control for myself, the gameplay will have much less flow to it and be choppy and awkward at times. Regardless, this is definitely a game I'll consider getting at some point. Unlikely to be a day one for me, though.

Firefox

Master Sage
Jan 7, 2006
Canada
Updated the OP with an HD youtube link. Kojima is the executive director so I'm sure he's been guiding platinum games in terms of goals. (ie. predator/prey stealth, cutting angles etc..)

Last edited:

Bio

Veteran
Aug 4, 2007
Battlefield
I never had problems thinking this would be an excellent video game.

As a Metal Gear entry, though? I just laugh. In a good way, though. Kojima never ENTIRELY took his source material seriously, after all, and that lighthearted side appears to be realized into an entire game now. As such, I don't think he intends for any of his fans to take this game seriously...but to just have fun with it.

Fon

Master Guru
Oct 5, 2009
@Home
The thing that I disliked about the first trailer was 1: The downgrade in visuals compared to what we saw in 2010(?) and 2: Raiden lifting a metal gear(that was just silly). But this new one is just superb!

RedDragon7

Elite Sage
Jan 29, 2007
[QUOTE="Dave-The-Rave, post: 5837731]Just doesn't fit in with the MGS universe.[/QUOTE]Lol, I think they were playing DevilMayCry at the time.

This game could be fun. Shame there doesn't seem to be a hint of tactics, stealth for a metal gear game though. Especially him being oh, a ninja and all.

Kojima, is it possible to disable the narrative and dialogue in the game? Only so much cheese I can take.

DarkVincent07

Trying not to break stuff...
Mar 4, 2008
Sydney
[QUOTE="RedDragon7, post: 5838269]Lol, I think they were playing DevilMayCry at the time.

This game could be fun. Shame there doesn't seem to be a hint of tactics, stealth for a metal gear game though. Especially him being oh, a ninja and all.

Kojima, is it possible to disable the narrative and dialogue in the game? Only so much cheese I can take.[/QUOTE]

The massive gameplay difference is why they changed it from Metal Gear Solid: Rising, to Metal Gear Rising. Same universe, but completely different style of game