New PSU support thread for reporting issues

Vaas

Apprentice
Apr 10, 2014
Belgium
[QUOTE="StevenW, post: 6367566]Hi Vaas...Would you mind seeing how they look on a desktop browser if you have the time and post a screenshot.

What country are you in and could you just tell me which games they are for and I can immediately investigate!

Thanks a lot[/QUOTE]

Actually that screenshot was taken from my MacBook Pro 13".
The ads on the sides are both for RIFT but they just changed to Ultimate Naruto.
The ad on the top is just some personalized stuff :)

Oh and I'm from Belgium

Christopher

Community and Technical Manager
Staff member
Jun 1, 2007
Newnan, GA
[QUOTE="F34R, post: 6366980]Well, fix it for subscribers. ;)

Also... ads definitely don't fit here...

[/QUOTE]

Ads definitely do fit there. This has been there for some time.

[QUOTE="Fijiandoce, post: 6366981]Our current VB is a mess, this much is true. Truth be told, i haven't the foggiest idea as to why the ad space extends to individual threads...

I don't know if it's as simple as CSS tweaks, prolly have to ask chris :)[/QUOTE]

Yep. But as others have said, there isn't much point in trying to fix everything in this mess called vbulletin this when we are just going to throw all the work in the trash with new forums. At that point we can look at optimizing layout.

Last edited:

Varsh

Editor /Tech Adviser
Staff member
Jan 5, 2006
UK
Thankfully with IPB there are already some set spaces for advertisements which include the same places that are on her currently - that's the top, bottom, and the right/left hand side. You can get a plugin where adverts can be placed after a set amount of posts too which is another handy feature. I'm going to try and create a PSU style on my forums in the meantime to see how things look and work out. I'll give you admin access over the weekend Chris so you can start created a skin too.

As for that ad though, in the fixed width it doesn't fit as it is pushing over the edge, but for vB I'm sure people can live with that until the new forums are out.

PS4freak

Counting Mod
Staff member
May 15, 2006
Louisiana
Not really a technical issue but can we add the main forum links to the community tab. I.e ps4, ps4 games, etc. Navigating the forums is easier with them.

Sylar

Elite Sage
Aug 30, 2008
UK
[QUOTE="PS4freak, post: 6367594]Not really a technical issue but can we add the main forum links to the community tab. I.e ps4, ps4 games, etc. Navigating the forums is easier with them.[/QUOTE]

that would be a nice touch!

biron_w

Apprentice
Jan 8, 2006
[QUOTE="Christopher, post: 6367449]This has been fixed. Should be able to comment on articles using your PSU forum account. Let me know if you see any more issues.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Yes it's working now. Cheers.

StevenW

General Manager
Staff member
Nov 5, 2008
[QUOTE="Vaas, post: 6367567]Actually that screenshot was taken from my MacBook Pro 13".
The ads on the sides are both for RIFT but they just changed to Ultimate Naruto.
The ad on the top is just some personalized stuff :)

Oh and I'm from Belgium[/QUOTE]

Hmmm..thanks. I'm thinking this has something to do with Macbook. Trying to replicate it on desktop and not getting the issue. We'll try and sort it out!

WaxWeazle

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Jan 12, 2014
Belgium
[QUOTE="StevenW, post: 6367962]Hmmm..thanks. I'm thinking this has something to do with Macbook. Trying to replicate it on desktop and not getting the issue. We'll try and sort it out![/QUOTE]
Adblocker

Don't have that problem here :D
Not on PC nor Macbook :)

Vaas

Apprentice
Apr 10, 2014
Belgium
[QUOTE="StevenW, post: 6367962]Hmmm..thanks. I'm thinking this has something to do with Macbook. Trying to replicate it on desktop and not getting the issue. We'll try and sort it out![/QUOTE]

I'm having it on my desktop too when Adblock is disabled ;)

Fenix

Elite Sage
Aug 19, 2007
Ontario, Canada
Not sure if this has been reported or not.

On both latest FireFox and Comodo Dragon the below happens. Apparently if you make your browser smaller the navigation links disappear.

Full:

Smaller:

EDIT: Just realized adblocker is on.. whooops. Disabled now.. lol

Christopher

Staff member
Jun 1, 2007
Newnan, GA
[QUOTE="Bitbydeath, post: 6368291]PSU down?
Getting this

[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Yep. That was me. Trying to add some new functionality. Fixed now. Worked fine on our test server. Strange.

Christopher

Staff member
Jun 1, 2007
Newnan, GA
home page background has been removed for an ad campaign in the US. So non-US users will see a blue background. Working on a solution that will prevent this in the future.

Thanks.

Sylar

Elite Sage
Aug 30, 2008
UK
I was struggling to access the forums using tapatalk earlier, it says about contacting an administrator if the problem persists so I thought I'd post here in case anyone else has noticed a similar issue!

Gers

Forum Sage
Jul 19, 2012
Scotland
[QUOTE="Sylar, post: 6402849]I was struggling to access the forums using tapatalk earlier, it says about contacting an administrator if the problem persists so I thought I'd post here in case anyone else has noticed a similar issue![/QUOTE]

Had this same issue in the past but not for a while now. It does sort itself out, usually pretty quickly too. Intrigued to know what causes it though

Christopher

Staff member
Jun 1, 2007
Newnan, GA
[QUOTE="Sylar, post: 6402849]I was struggling to access the forums using tapatalk earlier, it says about contacting an administrator if the problem persists so I thought I'd post here in case anyone else has noticed a similar issue![/QUOTE]

Still having issues, Sylar?

Brandon

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
[QUOTE="Syphon_Filter, post: 6511770]I can't upload any pictures to the site as every time I do that. I got a message saying "Exceeds your quota by 909.1 KB. <a href="misc.php?do=attachments" target="_blank">Click here to view your attachments</a>" Why are we having this issue?[/QUOTE]
Many here just use www.imgur.com

Fijiandoce

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 8, 2007
[QUOTE="Syphon_Filter, post: 6511770]I can't upload any pictures to the site as every time I do that. I got a message saying "Exceeds your quota by 909.1 KB. <a href="misc.php?do=attachments" target="_blank">Click here to view your attachments</a>" Why are we having this issue?[/QUOTE]
Can you try again?

Just a note on Uploading to PSU server however, VBulletin will compress files to ensure they are below 265KB. The images below are all 1080p on my PC, but uploaded to PSU, they are firstly compressed to fit within the filesize restriction, if they are still too big the resolution is changed.

Note that as the file size gets bigger, the resolution gets smaller.

Original size: 1.67MB
View attachment 6676
(1079p)

Original Size: 2.02MB
View attachment 6677
(1076p)

Original Size: 2.95MB
View attachment 6679
(786p)

Original Size: 3.67MB
View attachment 6680
(742p)

If you are uploading large images, it would be best to do as Chris and Brandon suggested since image hosting websites are designed purely for hosting images and allow you to post really big files ;)

Last edited:

Chewbacca

Superior Member
Dec 26, 2015
Pennsylvania
Having issues where it's not keeping me logged in when I leave a thread. Having issues where when I click to post something or edit a post, I get the same message of "You do not have permission to perform this action. Please refresh the page and login before trying again." and then I have to re-login just to post or edit. Even posting this very post, I got the message "You do not have permission to perform this action. Please refresh the page and login before trying again." and I had to refresh + re-login just to post so something is clearly broken.

Christopher

Staff member
Jun 1, 2007
Newnan, GA
We are having issues with cloud fare DDOS protection service that has been put in place for all of PSU. I've flagged this up to our sys admin. I am think your issue is related. I'll report back when I find out something.

Chewbacca

Superior Member
Dec 26, 2015
Pennsylvania
[QUOTE="Christopher, post: 6522375]We are having issues with cloud fare DDOS protection service that has been put in place for all of PSU. I've flagged this up to our sys admin. I am think your issue is related. I'll report back when I find out something.[/QUOTE]

Sounds good. Strangely enough I haven't had any issues since posting that yesterday.

Brandon

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
This is beyond annoying:

I get this sign up screen with the dark theme regardless of being signed in or not. And of course if you click sign up, it does nothing.

billm0066

Elite Member
Oct 30, 2006
Anyone hate the redesign? Its so ugly to look at, and it's harder for me to read through it. Not sure how to explain it, but I rarely go on the site anymore. Also I am seeing a ton of spammers so whatever is being used to verify accounts it doesnt seem to be working. The old site was way better.

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
The spamming is out of control for sure. Every morning I ban and delete roughly 10 spam bots and 10-15 threads.

Brandon

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
The spamming is out of control for sure. Every morning I ban and delete roughly 10 spam bots and 10-15 threads.
Yes, it is quite stupid. Many of them share the same IP address. I wish the default banning option banned IP addresses.