New Resident Evil CGI movie titled Resident Evil: Vendetta

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006

Marza Animation Planet has announced the title of its work-in-progress Resident Evil CGI movie. Due out in 2017, the feature-length movie will be titled Resident Evil: Vendetta.

The company also announced a tie-in with Italian motorcycle manufacturer Ducati. In the “action-packed climax scenes” of the movie, Resident Evil franchise character Leon S. Kennedy will ride the Ducati’s newest series bike, the XDiavel.

Here is a list of staff working on the film:

• Executive Producer: Takashi Shimizu
  • Director: Takanori Tsujimoto
  • Writer: Makoto Fukami
  • Music: Kenji Kawai
  • Executive Supervisor: Hiroyuki Kobayashi (Capcom)
  • Production Co: Marza Animation Planet
Source

Looking forward to seeing a trailer for this movie. Even though I enjoyed Resident Evil: Degeneration more than Resident Evil: Damnation, I like seeing the stories for popular Resident Evil characters further expanded upon. There's something intriguing about the game's universe to me.

It looks like the director for the first two movies, Makoto Kamiya, has been replaced by a different director for the third movie although Hiroyuki Kobayashi, responsible for the story in Resident Evil: Damnation, is still attached to the project.

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
PSU article here.

I'm confused though. Is this a reboot of the Resident Evil CGI movies or not because Leon still looks like his older self in the above promotional image?