New Traffic Lights in Japan

Nov 20, 2007
Toronto, Canada
[QUOTE="PsychoMantis, post: 0]If those break down it will be a free-for-all and pedestrians will get pwned, it is cool though.[/quote]

At 10 points each someone should have a nice score....in prison. :rolleyes:

Wrath

Master Guru
Oct 18, 2006
Germany
Why are them Japanese people always ahead when it comes to inventions like this? I can almost guarantee that we won't see anything like it even in 10 years time.

Most traffic lights just remain broken down here, lol.

Ezekiel

Forum Sage
Apr 29, 2006
[QUOTE="Wrath, post: 0]Why are them Japanese people always ahead when it comes to inventions like this? I can almost guarantee that we won't see anything like it even in 10 years time.

Most traffic lights just remain broken down here, lol.[/quote]

The thing is, the Japanese don't have a government obsessed with expenditures in all the wrong places. They can afford to invest in the future of their own country because they're not obsessed with what the rest of the world is doing like the US and UK!

zeon9881

Forum Elder
Jul 7, 2007
[QUOTE="Morganator, post: 0]The thing is, the Japanese don't have a government obsessed with expenditures in all the wrong places. They can afford to invest in the future of their own country because they're not obsessed with what the rest of the world is doing like the US and UK![/quote]

True...if I knew what you were talking about:p

English please.

Dave-The-Rave

Power Member
Jan 31, 2007
Northern Ireland
[QUOTE="Morganator, post: 0]The thing is, the Japanese don't have a government obsessed with expenditures in all the wrong places. They can afford to invest in the future of their own country because they're not obsessed with what the rest of the world is doing like the US and UK![/quote]

Yeah basically a vision of what the rest of the world would be like if we weren't blowing money on pointless wars and guns..

Dave-The-Rave

Power Member
Jan 31, 2007
Northern Ireland
[QUOTE="PsychoMantis, post: 0]If those break down it will be a free-for-all and pedestrians will get pwned, it is cool though.[/quote]

So that is what you do when regular traffic lights breakdown?

Ezekiel

Forum Sage
Apr 29, 2006
[QUOTE="zeon9881, post: 0]True...if I knew what you were talking about:p

English please.[/quote]

You mean layman's terms?:snicker Okay! I'll tell you what I'm talking about but you should do some research as well so you get a better understanding!

What I'm talking about is the pointless wars on "terrorism", drugs and invasion of sovereign nations to secure the petrodollar! I'm also talking about the funding of stupid legislation like the HCR (Health Care Reform) bill, Assault Weapons Ban and Financial sector bailouts and pork barrel stimulus plans! These are but a few of the things I'm talking about! You should do some research on all of these as I cannot really get into the politics on this forum! If you still want to talk though you can just PM me!

[QUOTE="Dave-The-Rave, post: 0]Yeah basically a vision of what the rest of the world would be like if we weren't blowing money on pointless wars and guns..[/quote]

Exactly! And since the US is supposed to be the richest of all nations, we should be even further ahead!

Yuuichi

Miqo'te Bard
Oct 25, 2009
[QUOTE="Morganator, post: 0]
Exactly! And since the US is supposed to be the richest of all nations, we should be even further ahead![/quote]

Nope we like to waste our money. One point tho is we do fund alot to Japanease. Mainly due to the WW 2, so its well deserved.

Oct 23, 2007
Apparently those lights do not exist yet, they are just a concept.

Also, from what I have read, the buildings in this concept are from down town Toronto.

Ezekiel

Forum Sage
Apr 29, 2006
[QUOTE="Yuuichi, post: 0]Nope we like to waste our money. One point tho is we do fund alot to Japanease. Mainly due to the WW 2, so its well deserved.[/quote]

Not really! Japan has the world's second largest economy right behind the US! The only thing we really fund them with is what little they have for a military which isn't much!

HellsJester

Master Sage
Aug 22, 2006
Alone in the Cold
[QUOTE="Wrath, post: 0]Why are them Japanese people always ahead when it comes to inventions like this? I can almost guarantee that we won't see anything like it even in 10 years time.

Most traffic lights just remain broken down here, lol.[/quote]

They dont spend money on military because America protects them so they put their money into other things like technology and automobiles.

higgos22

Master Guru
Feb 8, 2009
haha i got no idea what that little graph thing means
But if i were driving and a big red wall popped up in front of me apart from crapping myself i would probably stop

Ezekiel

Forum Sage
Apr 29, 2006
[QUOTE="F34R, post: 0]I don't see why America couldn't afford to make something like this. Afterall, we have the Dollar Menu at McDonalds![/quote]

You should read the above posts!;) Then do some research! You'd be surprised just how much America wastes and what they waste on!

Mortel

Apprentice
Nov 11, 2007
Me and my father were just talking yesterday about the same topic: How the US blows money on things that are stupid, and how places such as Japan are so far ahead of us in result.

I should show him this thread.

PsychoMantis

Mr. Ten-A-Key!
Nov 20, 2005
[QUOTE="Dave-The-Rave, post: 0]So that is what you do when regular traffic lights breakdown?[/quote]

If you live in LA then you would understand. :lol: When the lights go out and they aren't working its like people forget how to drive. I didn't mean to actually hit a person I was being sarcastic.

squirrelbo1

young rich and tasteless
Jul 27, 2008
London
that is pretty cool. and tbh it would definitely raise awareness of them. what about when its really sunny though, are they still as clear ?