New Vector..Comment please

Status
Not open for further replies.

UndecideD

Master Poster
Mar 24, 2006
thecoldesigns.iforumer.com
Ok here's something I made yesterday. First vector since this kanye one I did way back when his (latest)album dropped(graduation)
ok so here it is..

THE OG

AND THE VECTOR =]

^thats my real name for those that did not know

comment please.

Thanks

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
The vector looks very impressive. I can't believe it's comprised of more than 80 layers. That's a lot!

UndecideD

Master Poster
Mar 24, 2006
[QUOTE="Blacksite, post: 0]The vector looks very impressive. I can't believe it's comprised of more than 80 layers. That's a lot![/quote]
yeah it is alot lol I wanted to make every thing a layer so I wouldn't mess up(which has happened before). I also made folders to separate everything so nothing would get mixed up.
I checked it's actually 93 layers lol

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
[QUOTE="UndecideD, post: 0]yeah it is alot lol I wanted to make every thing a layer so I wouldn't mess up(which has happened before). I also made folders to separate everything so nothing would get mixed up.
I checked it's actually 93 layers lol[/quote]
That's insane! At first glance, it looks like it's comprised of about 10 to 15 layers. :lol:

UndecideD

Master Poster
Mar 24, 2006
[QUOTE="Blacksite, post: 0]That's insane! At first glance, it looks like it's comprised of about 10 to 15 layers. :lol:[/quote]
lmao I know, every little thing you see...is a layer lol every shadow, line. everything! lmao

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
[QUOTE="UndecideD, post: 0]lmao I know, every little thing you see...is a layer lol every shadow, line. everything! lmao[/quote]
When you put it that way, it sounds very time consuming. Is this a work-in-progress, or the finished piece? To me, though, it looks like you could add some more to the vector. Or, if it's as time consuming as I think it is, maybe it's best to just leave it the way it is.

Good work, though. I don't think I could pull it off, doing something like that.

UndecideD

Master Poster
Mar 24, 2006
[QUOTE="Blacksite, post: 0]When you put it that way, it sounds very time consuming. Is this a work-in-progress, or the finished piece? To me, though, it looks like you could add some more to the vector. Or, if it's as time consuming as I think it is, maybe it's best to just leave it the way it is.

Good work, though. I don't think I could pull it off, doing something like that.[/quote]
I actually got a little lazy with the jacket lol I think it's noticiable, especially when I took my time with the shirt and face(glasses etc.)
and thank you

UndecideD

Master Poster
Mar 24, 2006
[QUOTE="TheBengaliKid, post: 0]Damn nice indeed bro. You got some talent there. I never tried to create a vector but I think you just inspired me =][/quote]
No doubt, just give it a try. you just have to pay attention to detail but it really isn't that hard.
thanks

Coolio

Dedicated Member
Aug 10, 2005
I like this man. Good detailing, good colours. Jacket could use some work like you said but otherwise it's pretty good.

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
[QUOTE="bobabooy?, post: 0]They just look weird, and kind of too big*:suspect:[/quote]
That's because of the angle. When you're looking down on something from above, things can appear to be distorted. The head and the upper torso looks a lot bigger, as opposed to the legs and feet which seem to appear a lot smaller. Obviously, that's because they're farther away, and less detail is going to be prominent.

I thought you would have known that. :lol:

UndecideD

Master Poster
Mar 24, 2006
[QUOTE="theboss471, post: 0]dude nice vector....looks amazing

i would love to see a tut for this..[/quote]
Thanks!
you know maybe I'll upload the psd but it will be after I make the Mixtape cover because I'm getting paid for all of this so I don't wanna put it out there
n if I do upload it I might have to end up putting watermarks on the layers(..cuz I was paid lol)
but there's no real technique to it, it's only my second real vector(I'm making my third right now[for album cover])
I just took my time with it, used the pen tool(the pen tool is your friend lol), trace, right click, fill, color(then use the eye drop thing to pick a color, or select one on your own).
I hope Im making sense here lol

Also, I tried not to erase, use vector masks so if you mess up you don't have to keep going back and redoing things.

Thanks again to everyone who has commented so far

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
Hey, it's neat that you get paid for doing what you obviously love to do. Good luck on that mixtape.

UndecideD

Master Poster
Mar 24, 2006
[QUOTE="Blacksite, post: 0]Hey, it's neat that you get paid for doing what you obviously love to do. Good luck on that mixtape.[/quote]
Thanks! and yeah Its a producer/emcee I'm working with so He's paying me for things like this and he's helping me learn to make beats(etc.)

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
That sounds interesting. Are you planning on undertaking any more vector projects anytime soon?

hunty101

Apprentice
Jun 3, 2006
www.bitethelemon.co.uk
what did you use to make it vector?

photoshop or illustrator?

i think using illustrator would be the best way to go about trace vectoring.

but yea what ever method or programme you used ...it looks awsome ^^

UndecideD

Master Poster
Mar 24, 2006
[QUOTE="hunty101, post: 0]what did you use to make it vector?

photoshop or illustrator?

i think using illustrator would be the best way to go about trace vectoring.

but yea what ever method or programme you used ...it looks awsome ^^[/quote]
I used photoshop, I've used illustrator before, but I feel more comfortable with photoshop because I have more experience with it

and thanks for the comment! =]

hunty101

Apprentice
Jun 3, 2006
www.bitethelemon.co.uk
[QUOTE="UndecideD, post: 0]I used photoshop, I've used illustrator before, but I feel more comfortable with photoshop because I have more experience with it

and thanks for the comment! =][/quote]

no problem :) looking forward to see more vectors

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
So how exactly do you make vectors? Photoshop, as far as I know, is used to manipulate photographs and other miscellaneous pictures. It's obvious that you used a reference, but how did you start from making the vector from scratch? Does it normally take a long time to create vectors?

cruzader

Dedicated Member
Dec 28, 2006
[QUOTE="UndecideD, post: 0]Ok here's something I made yesterday. First vector since this kanye one I did way back when his (latest)album dropped(graduation)
ok so here it is..[/quote]

It's a great start, but still seems incomplete to me. I still think you can push more values on the jacket and definately on the pants (lights are lost). Highlights on the face would make it pop better too.

(sorry if I sound harsh, I'm a vector artist...)

[QUOTE="Blacksite, post: 0]So how exactly do you make vectors? Photoshop, as far as I know, is used to manipulate photographs and other miscellaneous pictures. It's obvious that you used a reference, but how did you start from making the vector from scratch? Does it normally take a long time to create vectors?[/quote]

Illustrator is the "standard" for creating vector images. PS handles vectoring in a round-about manner compared to Illustrator and it also lacks the simplicity of Illustrators tools for vectoring.

Vectoring from scratch (with photo reference) is basically tracing. Not a in a derogatory sense, but that the photo is referenced on a layer and simplified shapes are created on another layer. Depending on one's style, vectoring an image ranges in times. Some of my vectors take a few hours, while more realistic vectoring may take days-weeks. It all depends...

Status
Not open for further replies.