NFL Thread

Theft

Elite Guru
Nov 9, 2006
Tulsa, OK
[QUOTE="KingJordan, post: 0]If Lost Planet is teh rock, Geow will be the b!9 @$$ b0u|d3r +4at crushes that puny rock.[/quote]

I agree, but I haven't beat Lost Planet yet, but I beat GeoW

Theft

Elite Guru
Nov 9, 2006
Tulsa, OK
Pretty quiet today on the NFL front for news.

WEEK 1 - AUGUST 9-13
  • Indianapolis at Dallas (FOX, 8/9)
  • Buffalo at New Orleans (CBS, 8/10)
  • Washington at Tennessee (NFLN, 8/11)
  • Seattle at San Diego (NBC, 8/12)
  • Denver at San Francisco (ESPN, 8/13)
  • Arizona at Oakland
  • Atlanta at New York Jets
  • Carolina at New York Giants
  • Chicago at Houston
  • Cincinnati at Detroit
  • Green Bay at Pittsburgh
  • Jacksonville at Miami
  • Kansas City at Cleveland
  • New England at Tampa Bay
  • Philadelphia at Baltimore
  • St.
    Louis at Minnesota
WEEK 2 - AUGUST 16-20
  • Miami at Kansas City (ESPN, 8/16)
  • Minnesota at New York Jets (FOX, 8/17)
  • San Diego at St. Louis (CBS, 8/18)
  • New York Giants at Baltimore (NBC, 8/19)
  • Chicago at Indianapolis (ESPN, 8/20)
  • Atlanta at Buffalo
  • Carolina at Philadelphia
  • Denver at Dallas
  • Detroit at Cleveland
  • Houston at Arizona
  • New Orleans at Cincinnati
  • Oakland at San Francisco
  • Pittsburgh at Washington
  • Seattle at Green Bay
  • Tampa Bay at Jacksonville
  • Tennessee at New England
WEEK 3 - AUGUST 23-27
  • Jacksonville at Green Bay (FOX, 8/23)
  • New England at Carolina (CBS, 8/24)
  • Philadelphia at Pittsburgh (NBC, 8/26)
  • Cincinnati at Atlanta (ESPN, 8/27)
  • Baltimore at Washington
  • Cleveland at Denver
  • Dallas at Houston
  • Detroit at Indianapolis
  • Minnesota at Seattle
  • New Orleans at Kansas City
  • New York Jets at New York Giants
  • St. Louis at Oakland
  • San Francisco at Chicago
  • San Diego at Arizona
  • Tennessee at Buffalo
  • Tampa Bay at Miami
WEEK 4 - AUGUST 31-SEPTEMBER 2
  • Arizona at Denver
  • Baltimore at Atlanta
  • Buffalo at Detroit
  • Cleveland at Chicago
  • Dallas at Minnesota
  • Green Bay at Tennessee
  • Houston at Tampa Bay
  • Indianapolis at Cincinnati
  • Pittsburgh at Carolina
  • Kansas City at St. Louis
  • Miami at New Orleans
  • New York Giants at New England
  • New York Jets at Philadelphia
  • Oakland at Seattle
  • San Francisco at San Diego
  • Washington at Jacksonville
Source

Here is the schedules for Preseason.

DayWalker

The Heisman
May 9, 2006
Broncos extend Mike "The Mastermind" Shanahan's contract. Bronco for life!!!!

Oh... and the greedy Pats retained the Barry Bonds of punters. (selfish)

J

jakncoke

Yeah Pac Man deserved the suspension and Chris Henry getting his 8 suspension also was well deserved they put a bad name on the Nfl.

J

jakncoke

Alot still will go but most are smart enough not to throw around 81k and get involved in a triple murder.

Theft

Elite Guru
Nov 9, 2006
Tulsa, OK
[QUOTE="jasonbay, post: 0]Alot still will go but most are smart enough not to throw around 81k and get involved in a triple murder.[/quote]

We will see about that lol. I say the first whole team to get suspended will be the Bengals.

DayWalker

The Heisman
May 9, 2006
Theft- what are y'all doing to piss off Asante???

Damn, the Pats always think they're good enough to piss off their best players...
And half the time they are right... it pisses me off...

J

jakncoke

There have been no charges filed in the case of alleged dogfighting at Michael Vick's home in Virginia, but that doesn't mean that the home has quieted down.
According to a police report obtained by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, the home in Surry, Va., was broken into between May 7 and May 18 and a number of expensive items were removed.
"I don't think it has anything to do with possible evidence," Commonwealth attorney Gerald Poindexter said of the dogfighting investigation. "I think it was some feuding over the spoils."
Three plasma televisions, two floor buffers, a wet/dry vacuum, a washer and dryer and a $17,000 leather sofa were taken from the Atlanta quarterback's home.
"Someone had attempted to break in the front window," the police report said. "The alarm was not working."
Whoever perpetrated the crime appeared to have entered through a rear window.
Poindexter indicated that the investigation of dogfighting at the property was not compromised. But he is still not close to filing charges.
"I don't have, to date, one investigative report," Poindexter told the newspaper. "I have nothing on my desk. I'm in touch with people who can assure me they can provide me the stuff. That's where we are."
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2893325

This just makes me go :mrgreen: because I hate Vick with a passion.

Theft

Elite Guru
Nov 9, 2006
Tulsa, OK
[QUOTE="DayWalker, post: 0]Theft- what are y'all doing to piss off Asante???

Damn, the Pats always think they're good enough to piss off their best players...
And half the time they are right... it pisses me off...[/quote]

We are doing nothing to piss him off. He wants a ridiculous amount of money for having one great season. Don't be a hater because you guys spent most of your cap money on Champ. :)

May 17, 2007
[QUOTE="DayWalker, post: 0]true...
But it would be nice if y'all didn't start the season with 10 wins already locked up :lol:

Only the Pats could make me a J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets fan...

My predictions without even looking at schedules or off season:
Pats 11-5 (at worse)
Jets 9-6
Titans 8-8
Bills 6-9

none make the playoffs- except Pats

Meanwhile in the west
SD 12-4
Denver 12-4
KC 9-6
OAK 6-9

It's a freaking gauntlet...[/QUOTE]

i think the Bills will only be about a 8-8/9-7 team this year, but i do think we will wind up second in the division and miss the playoffs. the dolphins are in our division, not the Titans, and them and the Jets are worse teams than the Bills. everyone pretty much knows the Dolphins are a few years away, but are heading in the right direction now, except for the fact they spent the ninth overall pick on a kick returner, hah.

the Jets aren't nearly as good as their record indicated last year. toward the end of the season the Bills went into the Meadowlands and dismantled the Jets 21-0 i think. now, this was at a point when the Jets were the playoff team, and the Bills were just hoping to win out and hope other teams lost. the Bills were much better the second half of the season, and will be better than the Jets this year. the only way they end up with a better record at the end of the year is if the Bills can't overcome the second hardest schedule in the league again this year.

DayWalker

The Heisman
May 9, 2006
[QUOTE="essential, post: 0]i think the Bills will only be about a 8-8/9-7 team this year, but i do think we will wind up second in the division and miss the playoffs. the dolphins are in our division, not the Titans, and them and the Jets are worse teams than the Bills. everyone pretty much knows the Dolphins are a few years away, but are heading in the right direction now, except for the fact they spent the ninth overall pick on a kick returner, hah.

the Jets aren't nearly as good as their record indicated last year. toward the end of the season the Bills went into the Meadowlands and dismantled the Jets 21-0 i think. now, this was at a point when the Jets were the playoff team, and the Bills were just hoping to win out and hope other teams lost. the Bills were much better the second half of the season, and will be better than the Jets this year. the only way they end up with a better record at the end of the year is if the Bills can't overcome the second hardest schedule in the league again this year.[/QUOTE]

oops, good catch with the Dolphins...

Admartian

Wibbly Wobbly
Nov 28, 2006
New Zealand
I've got the AFC North;

Ravens - 11-5
Bengals - 11-5
Steelers - 8-8
Browns - something terrible :lol:

Little bit of a Ravens fan myself. Although I can see that record going down depending on McGahee. If he performs better than Mr.Oxygen (Jamal Lewis - which shouldn't be too hard to do) then I can see that as a realistic goal. McNair needs to just get used to the players and stop trying to be the Ironman he once was; and the D just needs to be that "Organized Chaos", then I can see the Ravens doing that or even surpassing it.

[QUOTE="DayWalker, post: 0]true...
But it would be nice if y'all didn't start the season with 10 wins already locked up :lol:

Only the Pats could make me a J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets fan...

My predictions without even looking at schedules or off season:
Pats 11-5 (at worse)
Jets 9-6
Titans 8-8
Bills 6-9

none make the playoffs- except Pats

Meanwhile in the west
SD 12-4
Denver 12-4
KC 9-6
OAK 6-9

It's a freaking gauntlet...[/quote]

Denver at 12-4? :lol: No offense, take off the Bronco coloured glasses dude! I see them being 9-7 or maybe 10-6 at best. Depends how Cutler performs. ;)

DayWalker

The Heisman
May 9, 2006
[QUOTE="admartian, post: 0]I've got the AFC North;

Ravens - 11-5
Bengals - 11-5
Steelers - 8-8
Browns - something terrible :lol:

Little bit of a Ravens fan myself. Although I can see that record going down depending on McGahee. If he performs better than Mr.Oxygen (Jamal Lewis - which shouldn't be too hard to do) then I can see that as a realistic goal. McNair needs to just get used to the players and stop trying to be the Ironman he once was; and the D just needs to be that "Organized Chaos", then I can see the Ravens doing that or even surpassing it.

Denver at 12-4? :lol: No offense, take off the Bronco coloured glasses dude! I see them being 9-7 or maybe 10-6 at best. Depends how Cutler performs. ;)[/QUOTE]

we went 13-3 with Plummer 2 years ago :D
Besides we has one of the best off-season in the NFL... improved a lot already.

quote me now... the Broncos win the West :D

Admartian

Wibbly Wobbly
Nov 28, 2006
New Zealand
[QUOTE="DayWalker, post: 0]we went 13-3 with Plummer 2 years ago :D
Besides we has one of the best off-season in the NFL... improved a lot already.

quote me now... the Broncos win the West :D[/quote]

lol Good point. But knowing Plummer, that was most likely the good one. ;)

I still see the Chargers taking it out though. With you guys at a close second.

DayWalker

The Heisman
May 9, 2006
[QUOTE="admartian, post: 0]lol Good point. But knowing Plummer, that was most likely the good one. ;)

I still see the Chargers taking it out though. With you guys at a close second.[/QUOTE]

The Chargers will be tough... but I am betting (hoping) that the desecration of their coaching staff has a pretty big impact this season. Plus I think Rivers is not all that he appeared to be last year.

The Pats are the team to beat tho... goddamn it :(

Admartian

Wibbly Wobbly
Nov 28, 2006
New Zealand
^ When are the Pats not the team to beat... Seriously, I like Tom Brady and that organization, but c'mon! Give someone else the chance!

I agree with the Rivers thing though. He did play some games that were good, but he just turn into a shell when facing a good D.

Although as long as the Colts and/or do bad I'm happy :)

Theft

Elite Guru
Nov 9, 2006
Tulsa, OK
[QUOTE="admartian, post: 0]^ When are the Pats not the team to beat... Seriously, I like Tom Brady and that organization, but c'mon! Give someone else the chance!

I agree with the Rivers thing though. He did play some games that were good, but he just turn into a shell when facing a good D.

Although as long as the Colts and/or do bad I'm happy :)[/quote]

Patriots will go at least 12-4 this season and win the Superbowl. :)

DayWalker

The Heisman
May 9, 2006
[QUOTE="Theft, post: 0]Patriots will go at least 12-4 this season and win the Superbowl. :)[/QUOTE]

not if they play Denver in the Playoffs ;)

God I am so sick of the patriots. They're not even a real team...

J

jakncoke

Yeah im so sick of the Pats as well ...o and yeah admartian my steelers are so going prove you wrong this year

Admartian

Wibbly Wobbly
Nov 28, 2006
New Zealand
Well we know there's two great defenses in the AFCN. The Bengals are gonna have to rely on their O and Carson's arm. Which they do well. I just don't know how he'll withstand it with those injuries.

The Steelers and Ravens are quite similar. I've noticed that when one team does well, the other tends not to.

Didn't follow this off-season as well as past years, but the Steelers nned to find that running edge once again, and Ben needs to stop that big-head of his thinking he can do everything. He is dangerous once he gets on a roll though. Although sometimes I do find him a tad overrated.

DayWalker

The Heisman
May 9, 2006
[QUOTE="admartian, post: 0]Well we know there's two great defenses in the AFCN. The Bengals are gonna have to rely on their O and Carson's arm. Which they do well. I just don't know how he'll withstand it with those injuries.

The Steelers and Ravens are quite similar. I've noticed that when one team does well, the other tends not to.

Didn't follow this off-season as well as past years, but the Steelers nned to find that running edge once again, and Ben needs to stop that big-head of his thinking he can do everything. He is dangerous once he gets on a roll though. Although sometimes I do find him a tad overrated.[/QUOTE]

the steelers will suffer badly from the loss of Cowher. Mark my words. Baltimore and the Bungals are the two power houses... Baltimore probably has the edge this year.

Admartian

Wibbly Wobbly
Nov 28, 2006
New Zealand
[QUOTE="jasonbay, post: 0]What do you mean running edge ? Willie Parker rushed for 1494 and 13 tds last year.[/quote]

Could've fooled me. :p Dunno. As well as he did, I still think a pounder is what the steelers need.

J

jakncoke

[QUOTE="admartian, post: 0]Could've fooled me. :p Dunno. As well as he did, I still think a pounder is what the steelers need.[/quote]

I do agree with that statement a pounder to complement him , he did totally suck in games where the rush D's were great...We really didnt address a pounder though all we did was sign Gary Russel who got kicked outta college for being stupid and Kevin Barlow who is terrible. Ben needs to take a step back and calm down when passing and make better decisions when throwing , Santonio Holmes , Heath Miller , Hines Ward , Nate Washington will make plays , I also think that even though we lost Porter are D will a tad bit better and getting Sepulpeda or whatever his name is will help in the field position battle ....Gordocki plain out sucked because he's way past his prime.But seriously though everyone takes Pitt as doing really bad last year when they werent but they were average though ...hell if we would have beaten the Raiders we would have made the playoffs but even if we did I think would no chance in hell of us pulling off another super bowl run off.

Admartian

Wibbly Wobbly
Nov 28, 2006
New Zealand
I think your D will be better off without him personally! He's just another thug in the league trying to clean up house. My worry on the Ravens D is the huge gap AD left, and to top it off, he went to the Pats!