NFL Thread

DayWalker

The Heisman
May 9, 2006
[QUOTE="Theft, post: 0]If Denver even makes the playoffs this season ;)[/QUOTE]

:lol:

who's going to stop us??? The Raiders or the Chiefs???

Tom Brady's STDs will kick in and ruin the Pats season.

Theft

Elite Guru
Nov 9, 2006
Tulsa, OK
[QUOTE="DayWalker, post: 0]:lol:

who's going to stop us??? The Raiders or the Chiefs???

Tom Brady's STDs will kick in and ruin the Pats season.[/quote]

The Chiefs will when Champ pulls his hammy and goes on IR for the season.

Best Wishes,
Theft

J

jakncoke

[QUOTE="Theft, post: 0]The Chiefs will when Champ pulls his hammy and goes on IR for the season.

Best Wishes,
Theft[/quote]

Dont count your chickens before they hatch the Chiefs have 3 really big questions that may happen , Larry Johnson want LT money ...are the the Chiefs ready to give him that ? If not is he willing to sit out the for most of the year, Damon Huard is career backup and had a career year last year if he is starter will he do they same(doubtful) , if Brodie Croyle is the starter how will he react ...I was not impressed by him in college and in the pro's his few snaps so far werent either. Also Champ Bailey isnt the difference between the Broncs being good or bad ...that'd be Jay Cutler ..what they do this season rests on his shoulders. I also am predicting a huge year from Travis Henry...denvers zone blocking turns chumps into champs ala Olindas Gary/ Mike Anderson and Henry was already a 1100 yd rusher ...I see a 1500 yd rushing season.

Theft

Elite Guru
Nov 9, 2006
Tulsa, OK
[QUOTE="jasonbay, post: 0]Dont count your chickens before they hatch the Chiefs have 3 really big questions that may happen , Larry Johnson want LT money ...are the the Chiefs ready to give him that ? If not is he willing to sit out the for most of the year, Damon Huard is career backup and had a career year last year if he is starter will he do they same(doubtful) , if Brodie Croyle is the starter how will he react ...I was not impressed by him in college and in the pro's his few snaps so far werent either. Also Champ Bailey isnt the difference between the Broncs being good or bad ...that'd be Jay Cutler ..what they do this season rests on his shoulders. I also am predicting a huge year from Travis Henry...denvers zone blocking turns chumps into champs ala Olindas Gary/ Mike Anderson and Henry was already a 1100 yd rusher ...I see a 1500 yd rushing season.[/quote]

lol Jason, you obviously don't know that DayWalker and I have been doing this for about a year now. I am just joking with him about it. ^^ I like competition and welcome it every season. May the best team win. GO PATS!

J

jakncoke

[QUOTE="Theft, post: 0]lol Jason, you obviously don't know that DayWalker and I have been doing this for about a year now. I am just joking with him about it. ^^ I like competition and welcome it every season. May the best team win. GO PATS![/quote]

o well okay then just saying...its not hard to miss posts with 3000 new posts a day and the fact that im still a new member being here only 7 months.

Theft

Elite Guru
Nov 9, 2006
Tulsa, OK
[QUOTE="jasonbay, post: 0]o well okay then just saying...its not hard to miss posts with 3000 new posts a day and the fact that im still a new member being here only 7 months.[/quote]

It's cool man, I was not knocking you. :) Good to see you joining in on the topic though :)

DayWalker

The Heisman
May 9, 2006
[QUOTE="Theft, post: 0]The Chiefs will when Champ pulls his hammy and goes on IR for the season.

Best Wishes,
Theft[/QUOTE]

knocks on wood

[QUOTE="jasonbay, post: 0]Dont count your chickens before they hatch the Chiefs have 3 really big questions that may happen , Larry Johnson want LT money ...are the the Chiefs ready to give him that ? If not is he willing to sit out the for most of the year, Damon Huard is career backup and had a career year last year if he is starter will he do they same(doubtful) , if Brodie Croyle is the starter how will he react ...I was not impressed by him in college and in the pro's his few snaps so far werent either. Also Champ Bailey isnt the difference between the Broncs being good or bad ...that'd be Jay Cutler ..what they do this season rests on his shoulders. I also am predicting a huge year from Travis Henry...denvers zone blocking turns chumps into champs ala Olindas Gary/ Mike Anderson and Henry was already a 1100 yd rusher ...I see a 1500 yd rushing season.[/QUOTE]

Yes, the Chiefs are going to challenge the Raiders for the basement of the AFC West.

All good point, everything does rest on The Kid's shoulders. I think he'll do fine... at least well enough to knock the Pats out of the playoffs ;) But maybe not enough to win it all.

Henry will have a career year.

But let's not pretend like Champ isn't going to make a lot of QBs cry :D

[QUOTE="Theft, post: 0]lol Jason, you obviously don't know that DayWalker and I have been doing this for about a year now. I am just joking with him about it. ^^ I like competition and welcome it every season. May the best team win. GO PATS![/QUOTE]

you're a worthy opponent sir

Theft

Elite Guru
Nov 9, 2006
Tulsa, OK
[QUOTE="DayWalker, post: 0]:lol:
knocks on wood

Yes, the Chiefs are going to challenge the Raiders for the basement of the AFC West.

All good point, everything does rest on The Kid's shoulders. I think he'll do fine... at least well enough to knock the Pats out of the playoffs ;) But maybe not enough to win it all.

Henry will have a career year.

But let's not pretend like Champ isn't going to make a lot of QBs cry :D

you're a worthy opponent sir[/quote]

You sir have been smokin too much of the crack cocaine. :)

And to you Fightmusic, I think he will land in Houston.

J

jakncoke

@ Yeah read that but kinda confused me , because I swear Nate Clements got a 80 million deal , did Freeney's huge signing bonus put him over the top ?

@ Daywalker- Yeah Champ shuts down the #1 wr of the opposing team most of the time , Freeney not only got barely tackles but only 5.5 sacks ....I for one have no doubts in his talent but one has to wonder why reward such a large contract on a down year ? I know they don't have a crystall ball so who's to state that that wont be a yearly production for him

Theft

Elite Guru
Nov 9, 2006
Tulsa, OK
[QUOTE="jasonbay, post: 0]@ Yeah read that but kinda confused me , because I swear Nate Clements got a 80 million deal , did Freeney's huge signing bonus put him over the top ?

@ Daywalker- Yeah Champ shuts down the #1 wr of the opposing team most of the time , Freeney not only got barely tackles but only 5.5 sacks ....I for one have no doubts in his talent but one has to wonder why reward such a large contract on a down year ? I know they don't have a crystall ball so who's to state that that wont be a yearly production for him[/quote]

I hope both Champ and Freeney pull a hammy and are out the season. :)

J

jakncoke

Tarik Glenn is retiring. That may be small news to some but you have to look outside the box on this one, 1 week till training camp, they don't have any worthy guys to step in and the FA market is meh ...so how will this effect Peytons passing this year? Only time will tell but this could be a major effect on it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2944430

A

AthElite

[QUOTE="jasonbay, post: 0]Tarik Glenn is retiring. That may be small news to some but you have to look outside the box on this one, 1 week till training camp, they don't have any worthy guys to step in and the FA market is meh ...so how will this effect Peytons passing this year? Only time will tell but this could be a major effect on it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2944430[/quote]

This could be a huge blow to their offense. Their line is so effective and when you replace their best Tackle it is obviously downgrading.

I hope it Peyton Manning gets blindsided by some huge DE and is out for the season. That is my take on Peyton and don't even get me started with Eli...:p

DayWalker

The Heisman
May 9, 2006
[QUOTE="jasonbay, post: 0]Yesterday we got Timmons signed , today we got Polamalu...very good....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2946532

Polamalu is now the highest paid safety and rightfully so. It sucks there letting Faneca hit the FA market, although we probably don't have the cash to get him the money he deserves.[/QUOTE]

Polamalu is so bad ass... I'd take him :|

Too bad the Steelers won't be making the playoffs this year... ;)

Cyrann

Master Guru
Oct 2, 2006
[QUOTE="jasonbay, post: 0]Yesterday we got Timmons signed , today we got Polamalu...very good....

Polamalu is now the highest paid safety and rightfully so. It sucks there letting Faneca hit the FA market, although we probably don't have the cash to get him the money he deserves.[/quote]

That is pimp thank you for that! + rep!

Cy

A

AthElite

Polamalu is now the highest paid safety and rightfully so. It sucks there letting Faneca hit the FA market, although we probably don't have the cash to get him the money he deserves.[/QUOTE]

Ed Reed > Troy Polamalu

(25ch)

Apr 1, 2007
[QUOTE="fight_music, post: 0]^^ That will be true if "Worthless"-berger shows up this season[/quote]
what i thought everyone loved him for winning the superbowl a couple years back , man there is no loyalty anymore is there:cool:

J

jakncoke

[QUOTE="AthElite, post: 0]Ed Reed > Troy Polamalu

(25ch)[/quote]

That's pure opinion and I'll take Polamalu anyday . Anyways you guys see how the Falcons wanted to suspend Vick 4 games but the NFL stepped in so that there hired investigator to check whats up.I wonder if that means a bigger susspension is looming.

Charon

Superior Member
Oct 4, 2006
[QUOTE="DayWalker, post: 0]not if they play Denver in the Playoffs ;)

God I am so sick of the patriots. They're not even a real team...[/quote]

I assume you are joking about the Pats right? They are the epitome of a team.

And I wouldn't get too excited already for the playoffs, I mean, if your team can't win one game ( a must win to make the playoffs), against a NFC team that was not nearly as good as them (49ers) last year, then there's something wrong. You've got a lot banking on Cutler, although the Chargers might be in a little bit of disarray considering the coach overhaul.