NFL Thread

DayWalker

The Heisman
May 9, 2006
[QUOTE="Charon, post: 0]I assume you are joking about the Pats right? They are the epitome of a team.

And I wouldn't get too excited already for the playoffs, I mean, if your team can't win one game ( a must win to make the playoffs), against a NFC team that was not nearly as good as them (49ers) last year, then there's something wrong. You've got a lot banking on Cutler, although the Chargers might be in a little bit of disarray considering the coach overhaul.[/QUOTE]

Yes, the Pats comment was just a joke... they scare me.

The Broncos will be fine this year. Key additions at TE and RB will give Cutler great support. The new D coach and draft picks should get the D-line up to speed.

The 49ers collapse was disappointing... but **** happens. If we had a real RB and a healthy o-line last year we would have won that game... 3x 1st and goal inside the 5!!! :roll:

Besides... the 49ers are/were on the up and up.

Anyways, that was last year. This year 10-6 to 12-4. We'll split with SD and sweep the rest of the west. ;)

[QUOTE="fight_music, post: 0]I don't care what you say. It is all about the Texans this year 8) ................Maybe not :suspect:[/QUOTE]

Sorry... Madden curse strikes again :lol:
Smart move on LT's part for turning down the cover.

Charon

Superior Member
Oct 4, 2006
[QUOTE="DayWalker, post: 0]Yes, the Pats comment was just a joke... they scare me.

The Broncos will be fine this year. Key additions at TE and RB will give Cutler great support. The new D coach and draft picks should get the D-line up to speed.

The 49ers collapse was disappointing... but **** happens. If we had a real RB and a healthy o-line last year we would have won that game... 3x 1st and goal inside the 5!!! :roll:

Besides... the 49ers are/were on the up and up.

Anyways, that was last year. This year 10-6 to 12-4. We'll split with SD and sweep the rest of the west. ;)

[/quote]

Ahh, okay good, I couldn't tell. I think the Broncos will be good, and I hate playing them. I am very happy they are not on our schedule for once (I was also happy they lost last year to keep them out of the playoffs). Shanahan seems to have Belichicks number.

Will be interesting to see how teams attack the Broncos with Bly and Bailey, I see a lot of low scoring games in their future, might have to take some trips to Vegas with those unders ;)

What divisions do the broncos play this year?

Charon

Superior Member
Oct 4, 2006
[QUOTE="fight_music, post: 0]I don't care what you say. It is all about the Texans this year 8) ................Maybe not :suspect:[/quote]

I'd like to see them do well, I feel bad for them, especially with the Mario Williams debacle. I can only think that Shaub and Green will help, however its that O-line that's the problem.

Cooke_E_G

Forum Elder
May 12, 2007
I dont really like the Pats but I dont see how they couldnt win the SuperBowl this year! With Moss alone that is going to be huge! But they did lose Cory Dillen didnt they? I am a Lions fan and think they will go 8-8 or 9-7! The NFC is so terrible how could they not! Losing Bly is going to hurt them also.

Jul 24, 2007
To some earlier comments. Ravens > Steelers in general. I hate how on ESPN they keep saying how Daunte Culpepper might be going to the Ravens...I will be disappointed if they DO pick him up. we have Air McNair and we got Troy Smith ready for when he retires. It is upsetting to see that they could not resign Adalius and he just had to go to the Power house pats. The pats are going to dominate this season...I sort of feel bad for Troy Brown because he has been on the pats forever and is now down on the depth-chart behind Randy, Donte', and Wes.

look for the Ravens to go around 12-4 this year...with games against the colts, pats, and Chargers (who they beat last year)

Mark Clayton is going to have a breakout year and rookie Yamon Figurs who we just signed is going to be a good work in progress. Derrick Mason is getting older and this looks to be one of his last seasons :/

DayWalker

The Heisman
May 9, 2006
[QUOTE="ghettobyrd, post: 0]To some earlier comments. Ravens > Steelers in general. I hate how on ESPN they keep saying how Daunte Culpepper might be going to the Ravens...I will be disappointed if they DO pick him up. we have Air McNair and we got Troy Smith ready for when he retires. It is upsetting to see that they could not resign Adalius and he just had to go to the Power house pats. The pats are going to dominate this season...I sort of feel bad for Troy Brown because he has been on the pats forever and is now down on the depth-chart behind Randy, Donte', and Wes.

look for the Ravens to go around 12-4 this year...with games against the colts, pats, and Chargers (who they beat last year)

Mark Clayton is going to have a breakout year and rookie Yamon Figurs who we just signed is going to be a good work in progress. Derrick Mason is getting older and this looks to be one of his last seasons :/[/QUOTE]

don't hold your breath on Troy Smith.

I feel bad for Dante... I think he's gotten a bum deal...

Ravens...

Charon-
I think we got the NFC North (chi, minn, GB,etc) and AFC South (Indy, Tenn, Hou,etc)... I am still not used to the realignment... :(

J

jakncoke

A couple more thoughts , Schaub is completly overpaid and the Texans will be like 4-12 because after Andre(awesomeness) Johnson they have nothing ...they did sign Ahman but there line still is crap. Yeah Troy Smith isn't nothing and I still laugh at my self for thinking Kyle Boller was going to amount to anything.

DontKnowMe

Forum Elder
Oct 19, 2006
Ahman Green is an improvement, but he probably has only 1-2 seasons left in him.
And then there is Dameco Ryans, he was the defensive rookie of the year.

J

jakncoke

1 player doesn't make a defense, he almost led the league in tackles yet the Texans still sucked...lol ,the jury is still out on Mario .

Jul 24, 2007
what happened to Dominick Davis? he was a good back before he missed all last season with his injury. I wud choose Dominick over Ahman. and yeah, Boller never really amounted to much. although he did do a good job in the 2 games he started when McNairs hand got stepped on last year

J

jakncoke

He changed his name to Dominick Williams and I believe he is still on the roster and may steal 80-100 carries for the season.

DontKnowMe

Forum Elder
Oct 19, 2006
Domanick Williams (fka Davis) was cut. He is good, but can't overcome his knee injury. He never played an entire season and that is probably why he was released.

Charon

Superior Member
Oct 4, 2006
[QUOTE="DayWalker, post: 0]don't hold your breath on Troy Smith.

I feel bad for Dante... I think he's gotten a bum deal...

Ravens...

Charon-
I think we got the NFC North (chi, minn, GB,etc) and AFC South (Indy, Tenn, Hou,etc)... I am still not used to the realignment... :([/quote]

NFC North stinks, we just had them recently, although I think Detroit could be fun to watch this year. They should have a top ten offense, if not, there's something wrong. Defense is not too good though.

South could be tougher, obviously Indy, and Jax is tough at home, Tenn & Houston should be wins for you guys.

Charon

Superior Member
Oct 4, 2006
[QUOTE="Cooke_E_G, post: 0]I dont really like the Pats but I dont see how they couldnt win the SuperBowl this year! With Moss alone that is going to be huge! But they did lose Cory Dillen didnt they? I am a Lions fan and think they will go 8-8 or 9-7! The NFC is so terrible how could they not! Losing Bly is going to hurt them also.[/quote]

Pats will hopefully be good, its going to come down to injuries (knock on wood) and their pass defense. They can score all they want, but if they can't stop Indy, then it doesn't matter. Plus with Moss, its no gimme. Word is that he is going to adhere to the Pats philosophy however if he's looking for a contract, he'll want his TDs, plus the Boston media will be all over him in the locker room. Just gotta keep him in line, give him his ring and thank him for his help.

I'm psyched to watch the Lions play this year. They've got the receivers, especially with Calvin Johnson and Furrey coming into it last year. Tatum Bell should be nasty in the dome, I think Mike Martz is probably wetting his pants every night thinking about it. Only thing is going to be the defense, so I expect lots of 31-27 type games, which are fun to watch, and good to bet on8)8). I'll be rooting for them also!

DayWalker

The Heisman
May 9, 2006
[QUOTE="Charon, post: 0]NFC North stinks, we just had them recently, although I think Detroit could be fun to watch this year. They should have a top ten offense, if not, there's something wrong. Defense is not too good though.

South could be tougher, obviously Indy, and Jax is tough at home, Tenn & Houston should be wins for you guys.[/QUOTE]

eh, Chicago in Chicago in November should be challenging... I'm not too woried about the rest though...

We have Jax at home so I think we'll be ok there, but at Indy will be rough... we'll probably only win by 10...:lol:

IMO Denver wins will be:

2Ws KC
2Ws Oak
1W SD
1W Houston
1W Tenn
1W GB
1W Minn
1W Jax

So that's 10 Wins... the rest could go either way, or I think they'll be tough. (At Buffalo seems tough to be for some reason)

Jul 24, 2007
I think the Falcons shud pick up Daunte Culpepper as a replacement for Vick...yeah Harrington is a Decent QB, but if Daunte is as healthy as he says he is he can be a big step up from Harrington

Charon

Superior Member
Oct 4, 2006
[QUOTE="DayWalker, post: 0]eh, Chicago in Chicago in November should be challenging... I'm not too woried about the rest though...

We have Jax at home so I think we'll be ok there, but at Indy will be rough... we'll probably only win by 10...:lol:

IMO Denver wins will be:

2Ws KC
2Ws Oak
1W SD
1W Houston
1W Tenn
1W GB
1W Minn
1W Jax

So that's 10 Wins... the rest could go either way, or I think they'll be tough. (At Buffalo seems tough to be for some reason)[/quote]

JAX at home is key, especially with how hot it gets down there, and the Jaguars have the option to wear whatever uniform they want, so they always force their opponents to wear darker ones. That Chicago game should be very interesting, I can't remember the last two times those teams played. I can see your breakdown working out, however I am not sure about the win at Arrowhead, that place is just too tough to win at. Depends on how LJ is holding up. Funny you mention Buffalo, even though I just read that Losman's back is hurting, Denver has trouble on the road during the first week. I remember last year I think they lost to the Rams, and the year before they lost to Miami, strange. Guess it takes a little bit of time for them to awaken. They'll be formidable though this year.

J

jakncoke

[QUOTE="ghettobyrd, post: 0]I think the Falcons shud pick up Daunte Culpepper as a replacement for Vick...yeah Harrington is a Decent QB, but if Daunte is as healthy as he says he is he can be a big step up from Harrington[/quote]

I was watching ESPN this morning and they said Falcons will not sign him because they think he doesn't fit there system, Cullpepper also isn't signed already because he just wants a 1 year deal and teams like the Jags who have leftwich on his last would want a longer deal , Rams also have Bulger on his last year and Ravens have Mcnair who's career is winding down. So untill he changes his mind and accepts a 2-3 year deal at like 1-2 million if not more he'll still be riding the FA wagon. Also in other new Titans improved there WR corps with the signing of Eric Moulds with the FA market as it stands this is a good signing, also Kyle Turley signed with the Chiefs as well. 1 other thought that's on my mind is Cory Dillion really thinking of retiring or is he going to sign because it's long overdue even with a past his prime RB and Keenan McCarddell needs signed up somewhere as he could add depth as his career winds to a close. I think he might play like 2-3 more because he wants to reach 1000 and he is like 150 away atm .

DayWalker

The Heisman
May 9, 2006
[QUOTE="Charon, post: 0]JAX at home is key, especially with how hot it gets down there, and the Jaguars have the option to wear whatever uniform they want, so they always force their opponents to wear darker ones. That Chicago game should be very interesting, I can't remember the last two times those teams played. I can see your breakdown working out, however I am not sure about the win at Arrowhead, that place is just too tough to win at. Depends on how LJ is holding up. Funny you mention Buffalo, even though I just read that Losman's back is hurting, Denver has trouble on the road during the first week. I remember last year I think they lost to the Rams, and the year before they lost to Miami, strange. Guess it takes a little bit of time for them to awaken. They'll be formidable though this year.[/QUOTE]

Actually Jax comes to Denver.

And I think we'll sweep KC b/c they are rebuilding and the game is not in December. Denver has only won in KC in December like twice- ever.

Yeah the opener in Buffalo could go either way. Although I expect themt o be weaker this year too.

Chicago in novermber will be hell, I'm sure. Hopefully they are in the middle of a QB controversy when we get there.

J

jakncoke

Buffalo will have a top 5 pick this year..bookmark that and take it too the bank because thats my prediction...lol

DayWalker

The Heisman
May 9, 2006
[QUOTE="jasonbay, post: 0]Buffalo will have a top 5 pick this year..bookmark that and take it too the bank because thats my prediction...lol[/QUOTE]

:lol:

watch them beat us... jesus... :roll:

Actually now that Plummer is gone... we theoretically have an offense, so maybe I shouldn't be too worried.

Theft

Elite Guru
Nov 9, 2006
Tulsa, OK
[QUOTE="AthElite, post: 0]Ed Reed > Troy Polamalu

(25ch)[/quote]

I would totally take Polamalu over Reed... Maybe it's the hair....

[QUOTE="DayWalker, post: 0]eh, Chicago in Chicago in November should be challenging... I'm not too woried about the rest though...

IMO Denver wins will be:

2Ws KC
2Ws Oak
1W SD
1W Houston
1W Tenn
1W GB
1W Minn
1W Jax

So that's 10 Wins... the rest could go either way, or I think they'll be tough. (At Buffalo seems tough to be for some reason)[/quote]

I notice you didn't put the Detroit game up there as a win. Scared I am going to be right about it? :)

DayWalker

The Heisman
May 9, 2006
[QUOTE="Pgsley, post: 0]Cowboys rule baby thats all[/QUOTE]

yeah... all those playoff wins over the past dozen years... the cowboys are the definition of a NFL juggernaut. :roll:

Theft- I forgot Detroit!!!!
11Ws!!!

God I can't wait till we go to foxboro in january...

Theft

Elite Guru
Nov 9, 2006
Tulsa, OK
[QUOTE="DayWalker, post: 0]yeah... all those playoff wins over the past dozen years... the cowboys are the definition of a NFL juggernaut. :roll:

Theft- I forgot Detroit!!!!
11Ws!!!

God I can't wait till we go to foxboro in january...[/quote]

I would love to see you guys make it there only to be knocked out by the Pats. :)

DayWalker

The Heisman
May 9, 2006
[QUOTE="Theft, post: 0]I would love to see you guys make it there only to be knocked out by the Pats. :)[/QUOTE]

our friendship might end right around that time
:lol:

J

jakncoke

The jury is still out on Romo as well, I could very well see him throwing td/int at a = ratio or throwing more int's than td's and the Cowboys winning 6-7-8-9-10 games.