NFL Thread

DayWalker

The Heisman
May 9, 2006
[QUOTE="Theft, post: 0]I really don't think Romo is the answer but he is better then their previous QB's. Poor Bledsoe, he will always be a Patriot to me.[/QUOTE]

As long as wade is the coach the cowboys will do nothing.

J

jakncoke

Yeah Bledsoe was a pretty good QB too bad he was probably one of worst moving QB's in history ..lol , anyways McCarddell went to the Texans. Is there even anyone else worth mentioning in the FA market ? Well Dillion but he is 50/50 on retiring and I think he might get a 1 yr deal in later part of team's training camp. Simion Rice is now a FA as well but his best days are well past him.

DayWalker

The Heisman
May 9, 2006
I'm watching NFL Yearbook on EPSN... Jax Jags...

How the hell did the Colts win the SB???
Their defense was gawd awful...

King Jordan... nevermind I got nothing...

J

jakncoke

Peyton Manning is really the reason...funny thing there D went from complete crap in th regular season and decent in the postseason...I still remember predicting 200+ yards for Larry Johnson...when he got like 40...lol

Theft

Elite Guru
Nov 9, 2006
Tulsa, OK
[QUOTE="jasonbay, post: 0]Peyton Manning is really the reason...funny thing there D went from complete crap in th regular season and decent in the postseason...I still remember predicting 200+ yards for Larry Johnson...when he got like 40...lol[/quote]

Yeah everyone was predicting 200+ out of Larry, but I really couldn't see the Chiefs beating the Colts anyways.

DayWalker

The Heisman
May 9, 2006
[QUOTE="Theft, post: 0]Yeah everyone was predicting 200+ out of Larry, but I really couldn't see the Chiefs beating the Colts anyways.[/QUOTE]

Can't get your sig to work buddy... not sure what I am doing wrong...

DayWalker

The Heisman
May 9, 2006
[QUOTE="Theft, post: 0]Yeah everyone was predicting 200+ out of Larry, but I really couldn't see the Chiefs beating the Colts anyways.[/QUOTE]

I know I certainly was...

I think it was rigged... no defense goes from gawd awful to decent over night :lol:

Jul 24, 2007
the Colts juiced up on roids in the week before the playoffs :p

and yeah, when they played the Ravens they shut Jamal Lewis Down, but McNair led the game in passing yards and Mark Clayton led the game in receiving yards...that was a great defensive game, the colts won 15 to 6 and both teams scored all field goals

Theft

Elite Guru
Nov 9, 2006
Tulsa, OK
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. – The New England Patriots signed rookie defensive back Brandon Meriweather today. Terms of the agreement were not disclosed. Meriweather was selected by the Patriots in the first round (24th overall) of the 2007 NFL Draft. Meriweather, 23, attended the University of Miami, where he set the school record for career tackles by a defensive back (293). The 5-foot-11-inch, 200-pound defensive back played in 52 games with 31 starts for the Hurricanes and totaled 293 tackles (182 solo), including 2.5 sacks for 24 yards, seven interceptions, 25 passes defensed, five forced fumbles and one fumble recovery. As a senior in 2006, Meriweather served as a team captain and finished second on the team with 91 tackles (59 solo). He had his most statistically productive season as a junior in 2005, when he was a semifinalist for the Jim Thorpe Award (best college defensive back). That season he led Miami with 115 tackles (77 solo), becoming the first defensive back in school history to lead the team in tackles. He also recorded 13 tackles behind the line of scrimmage in 2005, the most in school annals for a defensive back.
Source of Patriots.com

That's good news because he will be taking Harrisons spot after this season. And he plays just like him.. THAT'S GREAT!

J

jakncoke

Michael Strahan is thinking about retiring. He is currently the active leader in sacks with 132.5 sacks

Theft

Elite Guru
Nov 9, 2006
Tulsa, OK
[QUOTE="DayWalker, post: 0]Broncos signed all their draft picks... including Jarvis Moss the next Jason Taylor.[/quote]

My good friend who is moving tomorrow to be a roomate in my house, is a HUGE Bronco fan. Just thought you might like to know that DayWalker lol.

P.S. Nobody cares that the Broncos signed all their crappy picks. ;)

Btw, Randy Moss' jersey number is 81. w00t. : places a jersey on order:

Kawaiius

Apprentice
Jan 11, 2007
Eagles, baby, thats all. Healthy donovan this year, we goona be killer, specially if reggie brown steps up even more and the rest of the receivers can just show some skill and catch the ball.

DayWalker

The Heisman
May 9, 2006
[QUOTE="Kawaiius, post: 0]Eagles, baby, thats all. Healthy donovan this year, we goona be killer, specially if reggie brown steps up even more and the rest of the receivers can just show some skill and catch the ball.[/QUOTE]

and still no running game... :roll:
9-6

J

jakncoke

^^^^

Are you predicting something really bad happens that NFL cancels a week? If not your missing a game ;)

Charon

Superior Member
Oct 4, 2006
Patriots.com[/URL]

That's good news because he will be taking Harrisons spot after this season. And he plays just like him.. THAT'S GREAT!
Was happy to see him signed and taken care of also...looks like he's lining up in the cornerback slot in the practices, so it'll be interesting to see how much he plays at safety, especially with Eugene coming back (and hopefully staying healthy for once- knock on wood). I hope Meriweather becomes Rodney Jr. because Rodney packs a punch and is a smart man, who'll get robbed of the Hall of Fame (pretty sure he's the only player in NFL history to have at least 30 sacks and 30 picks).

DayWalker

The Heisman
May 9, 2006
[QUOTE="jasonbay, post: 0]^^^^

Are you predicting something really bad happens that NFL cancels a week? If not your missing a game ;)[/QUOTE]

BLAST!!!!

9-6-1

There ;)

I always do that with 9-6...

Charon

Superior Member
Oct 4, 2006
[QUOTE="jasonbay, post: 0]Michael Strahan is thinking about retiring. He is currently the active leader in sacks with 132.5 sacks[/quote]

That should be 131.5 sacks (I don't count that lay-down by Brett Farv-rah as a sack).

As a Patriots fan, I am very curious to see what happens with the Jets and their draft-pick holdout. I have to side with the player on this one (he wants a 5 year contract, Jets are saying 6).

$Greatness$

Master Poster
Sep 4, 2009
Baltimore, MD
What a disappointing season for the Packers. Not Browns disappointing (0-16) but still...
What a disappointing season for the Baltimore Ravens. While I'm more than happy that the Dean Pees nightmare is over, I'm still salty my season ended that way, AT HOME. People should've been fired!

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
Yeah, the Packers have an open position for a new defensive coordinator. Seems they are looking at Teryl Austin from the Lions.

I liked watching the game between the Ravens and Steelers a while back even though Baltimore lost.

$Greatness$

Master Poster
Sep 4, 2009
Baltimore, MD
Yeah, the Packers have an open position for a new defensive coordinator. Seems they are looking at Teryl Austin from the Lions.

I liked watching the game between the Ravens and Steelers a while back even though Baltimore lost.
Teryl Austin would be a HUGE hire for the Pack if they could finesse him away from Detroit. The Ravens and Steelers game was a great game. I just hate that Dean Pees sucks at his job. Not excusing the secondary from getting dealt with, but its Dean Pees job to put them in a position to succeed. With that said, that man has routinely failed his job in doing so over the last nightmare-ish 6 years.

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
Well, it is not to be as the Lions blocked Teryl Austin from being interviewed. :(

Brian Gutenkust is the new GM, replacing Ted Thompson. We also have 20-some players with expiring contracts in the offseason. Good news is they've already extended Davante Adams' contract to continue playing for the Packers.

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
It was a good game to watch but frustrating to listen to.

Al Michaels needed to stop immediately calling those Eagles touchdowns incomplete. He knew damn well, watching those replays, that the receiver's left foot was in bounds and that in the subsequent touchdown they maintained control of the ball when hitting the ground.

He also took every opportunity to talk up the Patriots and Tom Brady and how "underappreciated" they were. "They're unstoppable!", he says about the Patriots. Meanwhile, their defense wasn't good enough to stop the Eagles from scoring just as many points and more to win the game.

Nov 21, 2017
Central Texas
It was a good game to watch but frustrating to listen to.

Al Michaels needed to stop immediately calling those Eagles touchdowns incomplete. He knew damn well, watching those replays, that the receiver's left foot was in bounds and that in the subsequent touchdown they maintained control of the ball when hitting the ground.

He also took every opportunity to talk up the Patriots and Tom Brady and how "underappreciated" they were. "They're unstoppable!", he says about the Patriots. Meanwhile, their defense wasn't good enough to stop the Eagles from scoring just as many points and more to win the game.
Yeah, the league is divided and very well dug in as far as opinion on the Patriots. Al Michaels has always jumped to their defense. Mainly because he's friends with Robert Craft. Personally I'm tired of just hearing about them for whatever reason so much, year after year :/