NHL 08 Roster Problem

Dennis0430

Apprentice
Nov 4, 2007
Not sure if anybody else plays NHL 08 here but I popped in the disc for the first time in months a couple of days ago (playing some 4 player hockey with my friends) and noticed the rosters weren't up to date. I don't usually have my PS3 hooked up online so I didn't bother to update it.

Fast forward to today, I decided to get the updated rosters. The latest one was in April so I downloaded that one and installed it. I checked the rosters just to make sure they were correct and it seemed right so I turned the game off. When I turned the game back on, the game wouldn't load. It took me to the "Press Start" screen with Eric Staal. When I press start, it gives me that autosave prompt and tries to load. During this loading process, the game will freeze.

I had to press the PS button to get to the XMB. I tried it a few more times and the same thing happened until I deleted the roster file. Did anybody else have this problem? Did I do anything wrong? Am I supposed to download all the previous roster updates before going straight to the newest one?

It's not a huge deal if I can't get it to work since NHL 09 should be here in a few months, but I would still like to play 08 with the newest rosters.

Thanks in advance!

Dennis0430

Apprentice
Nov 4, 2007
[QUOTE="yipperzz, post: 0]i didn't even know you could update the roster haha. how'd you do it? I'll try it out and test it for you.[/quote]

lol you go to Online -> My NHL 08 Online -> Update Rosters

and you will see all the roster packs from newest to oldest.

Aaron

Superior Member
Dec 26, 2005
I had this problem once too. i thought I scratched the disc. i THIKNK (not sure wut i did) i deleted all my nhl 08 files like dynasty.

try moving them to another account n deleting them off ur account to see if it works.