NHL Thread

Mar 21, 2005
www.ps3portal.com
True..
Nucks won 2-1 in shootout. against them.. great game.. great goaltending by both teams.
1st shootout win of the season WOOT!!
**** first shootout loss haha. O well we still get a poiunt and we moved up 5 postitions in 2 days lol.
Well of course! Luongo is the best goalie in the league right now and he could go down as the best of all time. Bryzgalov (sp) is doing justice for Cujo's starting spot if you ask me.
He reminds be of when khabibulin played for the yotes, the good ole days!

Mar 21, 2005
www.ps3portal.com
I cant connect to any of my EA games at all, wtf?

Anyways i was watching the Coyotes play the Wild and is it me or are the Wild the most boring team in history? I mean this. When we played the canucks it was awsome, i mean we were going back and forth, both teams had their chances, both teams were doing great etc...Then we come home and play the wild and this is what you get.

The coyotes were attacking the net the whole game, missing, but they were attacking. They wee making some hard hits and get penelities and all that. Then the Wild are the complete oposite. They get the puck and the first thing they do is shoot it down the ice, they barely hit anyone, they had 3 or 4 good breaks on the net, and scored just because they were on a powerplay.

They still beat us (probably because our players and golaie was bored beyond belief) but god, how bring do you get. They dumped it in so many times that we just stopped calling icing all together. They when we would get to shooting the goalie would just hold the puck and stop play.

Im not bashing them or anything but geez. Next time i hope the play at their arena because the coyotes need fans attending more games and after watching that its no wonder some people think hockey is boring. I love hockey but that was just....I dont know. We have lost before and ill turn around and say "that was a exciting, great game" but this one wasnt.

Nov 22, 2005
I love how the Flyers snapped out of their 6 game losing funk and have won 3 in a row (4-1 against Toronto, 4-2 against Tampa, 1-0 against the Panthers).

DB713

Superior Member
Mar 18, 2007
www.huntingridgemotors.com
[QUOTE="modus, post: 0]Lost all respect for the NHL after they went on strike.[/quote]

So did you also lose respect for the NFL after 1987, the MLB after 1994 and the NBA during the 1998 lockout? Or do you really mean you just never cared about hockey?

M

modus

[QUOTE="DB713, post: 0]So did you also lose respect for the NFL after 1987, the MLB after 1994 and the NBA during the 1998 lockout? Or do you really mean you just never cared about hockey?[/quote]

I don't care about baseball or basketball, I find those sports stupid honestly.

I was born in '86 and I didn't even know they had a football strike and after googling it appears that only 1 game out of that entire NFL season was missed and it was played by replacements.

And for the me hating NHL remark, I've been playing hockey for a very long time, even longer then I can remember. I watched hockey with my father when I was younger and by myself whenever my team was on TV. And I was a season ticket holder for very long so please don't even tell me that I "never cared about hockey".

DB713

Superior Member
Mar 18, 2007
www.huntingridgemotors.com
[QUOTE="modus, post: 0]I don't care about baseball or basketball, I find those sports stupid honestly.

I was born in '86 and I didn't even know they had a football strike and after googling it appears that only 1 game out of that entire NFL season was missed and it was played by replacements.

And for the me hating NHL remark, I've been playing hockey for a very long time, even longer then I can remember. I watched hockey with my father when I was younger and by myself whenever my team was on TV. And I was a season ticket holder for very long so please don't even tell me that I "never cared about hockey".[/quote]

NFL in 1987 had a canceled week and 3 weeks played by replacements. As for losing respect after a strike then you clearly don't understand how the real world works. Labor strikes happen all the time in the real world. Did you stop watching TV when the writers went on strike? Or if u happen to be in NYC will you not take a taxi? My point is, labor strikes are an unfortunate part of the real world, we just have to learn to deal with it.

soldier one

Master Sage
Mar 21, 2005
www.ps3portal.com
Your not ever a NHL fan if you give up so easily thats all im going to say. I mean because management didnt want to pay players your then going to hate them all? Even the players that had nothing to do with it? The players that work their buts off? The players that were trying to make it not happen?

The lockout is a thing in the past, every league is going to have differnces. I wouldnt be surprised to see the over paid players of the NFL or MLB do the same thing some time.

However back to topic....Guess who just beat the avalanche? Caugh caugh. On HOME ice finally.

Nov 18, 2006
North Carolina
Yeah it is I thought I was going to have to work but not any more so I get to stay at home and watch it in HD. A guy told me it was suppose to snow and high winds? Lol that will be funny.