Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom (Coming Soon!)

Saix7

Superior Member
May 5, 2007
Ni No Kuni II is coming out for the PS4!

I quite enjoyed the original and was more than excited to hear it was being re-released on the PS3.

Now, Level 5 has announced a sequel to the awesome cartoony role playing game :D

How many of you are excited about this game? I would really like to see how many played the original and how many are looking forward to the sequel.

Please leave a comment and vote!

[video=youtube;VMuVM9Sn8W0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMuVM9Sn8W0[/video]

Last edited:

AsterPhoenix

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2008
Glad that Ni No Kuni 2 is coming it looks beautiful. Still need to finish the original and wish they worked more on the tactics systems better a really challenging game it is.

Omar

Forum Overseer
May 29, 2005
Addison, TX.
is that the wrong video? wtf? that's not ni no kuni lol. that's some hack/slash shit. what is this bullshit! INTERNET!!!

i'm excited because i love ghibli studios (i hope they're working again) but my biggest issue with the game was that 1) they basically lied about ghibli studios because their real involvement only lasted a few minutes of videos they showed us...

now if they had plenty of those cutscenes, omg would be so awesome.

2) the battle system was atrocious. usually i wouldn't care, in fact, i would be ok with a generic system as long as it worked. as long as it's simple and not weird. this game was just all kinds of weird with its level up system and companions and just the whole crappy realtime battle that's kind of not either...which sucked because i wouldn't have minded a pure realtime battle system as i would've enjoyed that too. this was like, hey how can we piss the fuck out of our consumers? i know! let's make the battle system so fucking annoying that this is all people end up judging.

3) this is not a major problem but i think it needs addressing, the game just didn't feel epic. they storyline was meh, the dialogue was pretty redundant, most of the time i didn't care what anyone was saying. the world doesn't feel epic, i don't feel like there's a whole world waiting for me out there. i felt like that in the beginning but soon i realized there's not much there. now i'm not expecting FF7 world details out of this but at least give us something interesting.

overall the game just didn't feel consistent. the graphics were amazing and the prologue cutscenes were just astounding but after that it pretty much went downhill.

DQVIII wasn't perfect either but it at least was very consistent. it felt like a low-budget title compared to other bigger RPGs but the meat was still there. the world felt somewhat grand. there were some nostaligic locations too. it was great for its time. we didn't have a good open-world RPG back then so it was a nice change.

if they can expand on the world and make the battle system more intuitive and easy to boot, i have no doubt we have a classic...i think level 5 is an amazing developer, maybe even better than SE...well now anyway...i think they can make the best JRPG ever. they just need to execute their plans correctly.

Saix7

Superior Member
May 5, 2007
That's what made it enjoyable. The battle system was a bit strange at first, but after some time and adjustments it worked really well and was an asset to the game (In my opinion of course)

Saix7

Superior Member
May 5, 2007
Haha yeah I accidently posted Ni Oh, the new hack n slash/dark souls samurai version by Tecmo Koei.

You do bring up some interesting points there, in terms of gameplay. The combat system was awkward, but for me I quite enjoyed it after a while, but leveling up companions was a hassle at times.

Well let's ust hope they do an excellent job this time around. Level 5 have created fantastic games over the past few years and I would love to see the sequel suceed.

Omar

Forum Overseer
May 29, 2005
Addison, TX.
honestly my biggest issue with the battle was that you had to run around trying to get into your menu and find the right thing to click on. had they made it where you could do that while you were paused, i would've loved the battle system. in addition, for some odd reason they were the only JRPG where your selection didn't have a memory so you couldn't even spam one sort of magic, like health or fire etc.

other than that, the game was cute (i still need to beat it) but it didn't have that factor where i was looking forward to level up, i was mostly looking forward to all the interesting locales because the game looked good. i had a boat and a dragon but had no motivation to explore much. i kinda went around with th dragon for a bit but didn't find anything interesting.

but yeah, i think they do have the potential to be the best. hopefully they take advantage of next-gen power. i wonder if this game is cross-gen or only next-gen.

Omar

Forum Overseer
May 29, 2005
Addison, TX.
[QUOTE="KungMartin90, post: 6493003]That blonde girl is a boy? Lol.

I'm excited though. I loved Ni No Kuni. Much like I loved DQVIII.[/QUOTE]yeah that's why in japan, you have to grab everyone's crotch to see what gender they are so you can then be appropriate accordingly. i've lived in japan, i know this for a fact. these are true facts.