''Nier'' announced by Square-enix (1st anouncement, 2 to go)

EXGN

Apprentice
Dec 26, 2007
Action games from Square... immediately brings Dirge of Cerebus and The Bouncer to mind. Will likely pass =\

Martijn_

Apprentice
Mar 31, 2007
[QUOTE="EXGN, post: 0]Action games from Square... immediately brings Dirge of Cerebus and The Bouncer to mind. Will likely pass =[/quote]

Dirge of Cerberus was decent, not the greatest action game but it was a good try. Maybe they will achieve something with this one, they are serious about wanting to make more games like this, the first screenshot doesn't really show anything, a monster exploding or something, not sure what to make of it.

darksora

Master Poster
Apr 23, 2007
i've heard that this is being handled by SE here in the west. Is that true? or is it being developed in japan?

Martijn_

Apprentice
Mar 31, 2007
[QUOTE="darksora, post: 0]i've heard that this is being handled by SE here in the west. Is that true? or is it being developed in japan?[/quote]

I think in the new studio in LA.

Aizen-Sama

Master Poster
Jan 16, 2009
[QUOTE="darksora, post: 0]i've heard that this is being handled by SE here in the west. Is that true? or is it being developed in japan?[/quote]

I think so or the Last remnant team are.

FFXIII is being made by the Final Fantasy team.
vsXIII is being made by a mixture of the FF and KH teams.
Rapture is being made by the FFXI team.
The Last remnant team are either making this or Front mission.
The new studio they opened will be working on this or Front mission.

This will most likely suck but they might surprise us, will wait until E3 and some possible footage before i completely judge it.

@Unicorn....the article just said it was for the PS3 aswell.

Gambit

Forum Elder
Oct 8, 2007
[QUOTE="unicron7, post: 0]I am very skeptical when it comes to Square as of late. Will this title even make it to PS3? Give me a break.[/quote]Nier is going to 360 and ps3.

Feb 22, 2005
[QUOTE="Gambit_101, post: 0]Nier is going to 360 and ps3.[/quote]

So was The Last Remnant... Words don't mean a thing when it comes to this company

Feb 2, 2007
[QUOTE="Gameware336, post: 4228041]So was The Last Remnant... Words don't mean a thing when it comes to this company[/quote]

Its pretty sad when I dont even want to enter threads regarding the only real news I care about in gaming, because they are all filled with comments like this.

If people dont like the company, why do they feel the need to go into every thread about them (not meaning this particular poster) and complain about them.

Let people who are interested in this news, be interested.

I do acknowledge that the actual post I quoted states a valid point that Last remnant has not been seen on the PS3 yet, but was just commenting on where this thread is headed (like every other SE thread since E3 last year) since the last comment was more what I was referring too

Feb 22, 2005
[QUOTE="SharkOutofWater, post: 0]Its pretty sad when I dont even want to enter threads regarding the only real news I care about in gaming, because they are all filled with comments like this.

If people dont like the company, why do they feel the need to go into every thread about them (not meaning this particular poster) and complain about them.

I do acknowledge that the actual post I quoted states a valid point that Last remnant has not been seen on the PS3 yet, but was just commenting on where this thread is headed (like every other SE thread since E3 last year) since the last comment was more what I was referring too
[/quote]

You know what? Your absolutely right. I'm just beyond dissapointed with that company. They were one of my few well respected Dev Houses who repeatedly pushed out quality titles. This generation though they have left such a brown stain on our system its hard to say something posative about them.

In honesty i do hope these are quality titles and do make it to our system, i can't help but have my doubts, and i can't be blamed for having doubt them either.

Also for the record, i wasn't exactly "complaing" either, i was just simply stating a fact. More than once have we been straight face lied to by the company though i won't detail them. I try to not fall into the catagory of those who join a forum just to complain.

On topic, im just going to wait for them to release all of their new games with their official pictures/videos they release before i decide if im interested or not

imaROBOT_

PEACE.LOVE.UNITY.RESPECT.
Mar 28, 2007
360 esclusive becuase it's a action game.. Square knows RPG's won't sell well on that console :lol:.

edit: Nevermind I decided to read the little article haha..

I'll see what it's all about before I say I won't get it.. but I don't like Devil May Cry type of games.

Aizen-Sama

Master Poster
Jan 16, 2009
[QUOTE="HellsJester, post: 0]why are they announcing 3 more games when they havent even finished the 1st game they announced 4 years ago?[/quote]

That will be finished and ready to hit the shelves in a few months time :wink:

They have more then 1 team, a mix of the FF and KH teams work on all projects related to them and only them so it's not like it interferes with those. If you have a team of devs sitting around doing nothing then obviously they still start work on something new.

Here is what teams work on each game-

FFXIII is being made by the Final Fantasy team.
vsXIII is being made by a mixture of the FF and KH teams.
Rapture is being made by the FFXI team.
The Last remnant team are either making this or Front mission.
The new studio they opened in LA will be working on this or Front mission.
The other two announcements will be Front Mission for 360 and more info on that MMORPG Rapture for the PS3/360

So far all we have of Rapture is this screenshot

Martijn_

Apprentice
Mar 31, 2007
[QUOTE="Aizen-Sama, post: 0]

The other two announcements will be Front Mission for 360 and more info on that MMORPG Rapture for the PS3/360

So far all we have of Rapture is this screenshot
[/quote]

I don't think Rapture will be part of the announcements, I think the mean 3 completely new announcements... I could be wrong.

Why does everyone think Front Mission will be 360 exclusive. I'm sure if they make it it will be multiplatform. They won't want to have their fanbase fall over them once again. If I remember correctly Front Mission 1 is going to be remade for the PSP, so it will make sence for them to at least go multiplatform on a new FM. Before anyone brings up Star Ocean on this, SO is from Tri-Ace not Square-enix ;).

DarkNemesis

Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2008
Parkville, Maryland
With GOW3 and Beyonetta coming out as well as Konami's next slasher game around the same time,this game will bomb around the bigger titles by developers who specialize in the genre.Why are they even bothering with a genre that they have no experience with? It's a waste of money and tome.The Bouncer and Derge were both mediocre games.I swear,an infant could run this company better than Wada ...a ******ed infant

zodg1lla

Apprentice
Dec 30, 2008
[QUOTE="SharkOutofWater, post: 0]Its pretty sad when I dont even want to enter threads regarding the only real news I care about in gaming, because they are all filled with comments like this.

[/quote]

Threads are for discussion, not approval.

Also, I'll keep this game on my radar. I really liked The Bouncer :)

soulz

Superior Member
Nov 21, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
Not sure if action game from S-E will be good or not, but i guess this is to appeal to the masses. I too, wonder whether this will be an actual multiplatform game where the game is released simultaneously or if it's just another half hearted attempt at one. I'm not complaining really, just basing my opinion on past actions.

Oct 26, 2007
Honestly, I don't have high hopes for this. Gives me 'Drakengard' vibes for some reason.

I enjoyed 'The Bouncer' though, there was nothing wrong with that game except the length of the story mode.