Nightblade - Ps3 Guitar for GH3 from REACT

ConsoleCrusader

Superior Member
Dec 5, 2006
www.vgoa.com

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8633428&type=product&id=1194054059054

I was very pleased to see this guitar in the Best Buy video game section. Me and my girlfriend have bene just taking turns playing songs since we do not wish to pay $100 for another bundle to play Guitar Hero 3.

First thing I noticed is the guitar is very cool looking, as you can see from the picture above. Looks more rad and sleeker then the PS3 model. It has the same buttons to better serve the PS3 system. The assembly was no biggie. All it took was to take the top part of the guitar and insert it into the base. You then need to place a screw to keep it in place. It does require 4 Double A batteries which is more then the 2 for the normal PS3 guitar. It is wireless and does have the USB adapter to hook up to the PS3.

So once it is all up and running the guitar is very comfortable. The buttons are actually a centimeter or 2 more down on the guitar so it looks like its much more fullfilling for your fingers. The whammy bar though feels a little too close to the strum bar even though you can move it around. Overall It is a great guitar to own if you don't want to buy a second bundle.

dhav211

Apprentice
Aug 28, 2007
According to his link at Best Buy this thing costs 60 dollars. Looks a bit cooler than the normal GH3 controller though.

FantasyStar

Dedicated Member
Oct 20, 2006
Is there ever going to be a guitar that won't require a dongle. I just hate those thing sticking out of my PS3.