Nintedo WiFi Connector and PS3 gaming

cruzader

Dedicated Member
Dec 28, 2006
For those who don't want to read my story click here now:
http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/390312

Just yesterday I was cleaning out my computer desk when I stumbled upon an unopened package for a Wifi USB Connecter for the Nintendo DS. I wondered why my little sister (who owns a DS) had not used it.

Not surprisingly, she had no idea what the heck it was or where she got it. So I checked the thing out. It's a fairly simple device, used to get online with your DS through WiFi using your current internet connection. Then I wondered if I could use it as a basic WiFi USB stick, and not just for the DS.

Since I don't own a wireless router, it'd be something worth trying. After an hour of searching I came upon an awesome tutorial. Which brings me to my point...I was able to get it to work for my PS3 and get a decent signal to play online. It even worked for my laptop, and PSP. All this, with the addition of the DS and my Wii. (not all at the same time)

Just thought I'd share this (ironic) story and a neat little trick.

W

what_is_wonder

cool but i have a wi fi 60 gb ps3 sao cables were not a problem for me.my playstation network name pillllow_llll invite me as your friend if you want

cruzader

Dedicated Member
Dec 28, 2006
[QUOTE="siets007, post: 0]nice, now you don't have to use wires anymore :p
didn't thought it would work[/quote]

Even better is now I can play away from the router. Meaning, I can now play upstairs on the 55" HDTV...

Feb 18, 2007
I now wish i got the 60GB version, my Wii and 360 are both on Wireless, but my PS3 is just sitting there without online and so is neglected.

Is there a way to connect my 20GB without plugging a Laptop into it and without buying another router. Ie. have Sony put out something similar to the Microsoft Network Adapter?

Ive got a wireless router here beside my PC, but my PS3 is down the hallway and i need something to connect it to the wireless signal.

Nov 18, 2006
North Carolina
[QUOTE="cruzader, post: 0]For those who don't want to read my story click here now:
http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/390312

Just yesterday I was cleaning out my computer desk when I stumbled upon an unopened package for a Wifi USB Connecter for the Nintendo DS. I wondered why my little sister (who owns a DS) had not used it.

Not surprisingly, she had no idea what the heck it was or where she got it. So I checked the thing out. It's a fairly simple device, used to get online with your DS through WiFi using your current internet connection. Then I wondered if I could use it as a basic WiFi USB stick, and not just for the DS.

Since I don't own a wireless router, it'd be something worth trying. After an hour of searching I came upon an awesome tutorial. Which brings me to my point...I was able to get it to work for my PS3 and get a decent signal to play online. It even worked for my laptop, and PSP. All this, with the addition of the DS and my Wii. (not all at the same time)

Just thought I'd share this (ironic) story and a neat little trick.[/quote]
How do you do wireless with out a wireless router?
[QUOTE="Mikeyt086, post: 0]I now wish i got the 60GB version, my Wii and 360 are both on Wireless, but my PS3 is just sitting there without online and so is neglected.

Is there a way to connect my 20GB without plugging a Laptop into it and without buying another router. Ie. have Sony put out something similar to the Microsoft Network Adapter?

Ive got a wireless router here beside my PC, but my PS3 is down the hallway and i need something to connect it to the wireless signal.[/quote]
They sell wireless ethernet bridges which is the same thing except better, you can try a wireless USB stick like the OP said but some require drivers, like most Linksys so you can get a wireless ethernet bridge, that thing the OP is talking about or the Wii have there own wireless ethernet bridge that would work with the PS3.

knowitman

Dedicated Member
Nov 22, 2004
[QUOTE="Mikeyt086, post: 0]I now wish i got the 60GB version, my Wii and 360 are both on Wireless, but my PS3 is just sitting there without online and so is neglected.

Ive got a wireless router here beside my PC, but my PS3 is down the hallway and i need something to connect it to the wireless signal.[/QUOTE]

Use something like these game adapters. I used one for PS2.
http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Sate...940536&pagename=Linksys/Common/VisitorWrapper

Feb 18, 2007
Ok ive looked on ebay and they are not that expensive, but im thinking would it be easier to sell my 20GB and put it towards a 60GB?