NINTENDO Nintendo Conference: June 12, 9 a.m. PT

Fijiandoce

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 8, 2007
Nintendo hasn’t had a typical E3 press conference for years, and E3 2018 will be no different. Nintendo plans to broadcast a Nintendo Direct-style video presentation on the morning of E3 day one, with a focus on games scheduled for release in 2018. That includes the recently announced Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch. Nintendo will follow its Tuesday morning video presentation with multiple days’ worth of Nintendo Treehouse: Live broadcasts from the E3 show floor. Keep an eye on e3.nintendo.com, YouTube and Twitch for more.

https://www.polygon.com/e3/2018/5/1...-sony-nintendo-xbox-fortnite-livestream-watch

AsterPhoenix

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2008
I actually hope they also port the Super Smash Bros Wii U as well since not as many people got the Wii U and it's had some cool guest characters such as Bayonetta.

Aquanox

Forum Sage
May 26, 2005
Lol... only Nintendo can make a conference like this and get away with it. Spending 15 minutes presenting every single character in their new "Brawl" game. Any other publisher would've received the "booh" treatment.

Edit... that was more like 25 mins.

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
Lol... only Nintendo can make a conference like this and get away with it. Spending 15 minutes presenting every single character in their new "Brawl" game. Any other publisher would've received the "booh" treatment.

Edit... that was more like 25 mins.
Yes, it is a shame that only Nintendo release a fighting game with more playable characters, while other publishers routinely downsize the number of playable characters in their fighting games.

Aquanox

Forum Sage
May 26, 2005
Yes, it is a shame that only Nintendo release a fighting game with more playable characters, while other publishers routinely downsize the number of playable characters in their fighting games.
Are you for real? Lol... This is indefensible.

Nintendo can go and include 100 characters in their fighting game but what they can't do is waste the whole conference presenting every single one of them.

I thought EA's hit new lows, and it did, but damn this was close!

Good luck for Nintendo, EA saved them from the this E3 crown of shame.

Dec 20, 2006
I think I enjoyed Nintendo's e3 direct the most of any of the shows. What it did was convince me to actually get a switch.

I have a PS4 so Sony's conference obviously can't help me there. But Xbox's conference did not convince to buy an XOne. In fact, it pushed me to wait as
it almost seemed like they admitted to giving up with this generation.

So, on Nintendo's show I got
-Daemon X Machina. A crazy fast paced mech game. I love mech games and they are in short supply.
-A new expansion to Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Currently Nintendo is the only console maker that is still publishing first party JRPGs and I really appreciate that.
-SUPER MARIO PARTY. WOOT.
-Fire Emblem Three Houses. Damn, a strategy JRPG with an actual budget and not chibi artstyle. Love it.
-New Pokemon games for switch! Nice!
-SMASH BROS ULTIMATE. OMG. It's coming out THIS year and it has friggin everybody in it! Awesome!

AsterPhoenix

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2008
I think I enjoyed Nintendo's e3 direct the most of any of the shows. What it did was convince me to actually get a switch.

I have a PS4 so Sony's conference obviously can't help me there. But Xbox's conference did not convince to buy an XOne. In fact, it pushed me to wait as
it almost seemed like they admitted to giving up with this generation.

So, on Nintendo's show I got
-Daemon X Machina. A crazy fast paced mech game. I love mech games and they are in short supply.
-A new expansion to Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Currently Nintendo is the only console maker that is still publishing first party JRPGs and I really appreciate that.
-SUPER MARIO PARTY. WOOT.
-Fire Emblem Three Houses. Damn, a strategy JRPG with an actual budget and not chibi artstyle. Love it.
-New Pokemon games for switch! Nice!
-SMASH BROS ULTIMATE. OMG. It's coming out THIS year and it has friggin everybody in it! Awesome!
Yup the fighting game with all characters from all the Smash games made me happy saves the bother porting the Wii U game with the guest characters since they are all making an appearance.

-Daemon X Machina cell shaded mecha style interest me looking forward to seeing more.
-Xenoblade 2 I wanted to play when I buy one so this expansion adds to that and they are doing a retail for the expansion too
-Fire Emblem on Switch looks amazing
-Smash Bros Ultimate is a instant purchase

With a few games I want already on it this just adds to that me wanting to get a Switch.
I have a PS4 so I can get most multiplatforms and I agree with you with them giving up at the apparent near end of this generation. Sony lacked in announcements and Microsoft in interesting new exclusives.
Most of it is going back to be more like the Ps3/360 generation other than most first party games rest is multiplatform. I see it with next generation with Sony and Microsoft.