Nintendo needs to show games for gamers this E3!

Martijn_

Apprentice
Mar 31, 2007
Like the title said, they really need to start show some real games instead of only stuff like Wii-fit and Wii-music. I used to own a Wii but I sold it because it was collecting more dust and because a family member was begging me to sell it to him. Off course after I sold it some good games were announced like RE: Darkside Chronicles and Klonoa.

I'm planning on buying one again, but seriously what are they doing?? Releasing gamecube ports with new controls is all I see coming from Nintendo at this moment. I hope they at least announce 3 good games at the E3, they need it because they are loosing gamers worldwide and fast.
A new Mario (a good one, wasn't impressed with Galaxy at all), new Zelda, Star Fox, or a decent third party game would be very welcome.

Jul 26, 2008
Our family Wii hasn't been played in well over 8 months, my parents definitely regret buying it for us now.

If Nintendo don't release/announce any new games for E3, then I'm probably going to sell it off.

seebs

Elite Sage
Dec 29, 2006
What they're presumably doing is working on games that take two or three years to develop.

They're only just now reaching a point where announcing stuff does them any good; until about a month or two back, they couldn't make machines fast enough anyway, so why should they try to increase sales?

Jaeger

Master Sage
Mar 2, 2008
I completely agree with you. I wasn't impressed by Nintendo's last display of 'new and exciting' titles - which turned out to be Motion+ and Animal Crossing for Wii. They certainly need to show off some footage of AAA-titles such as Zelda or Mario if they want to keep people hooked, or even just a ten-second clip of a new title in development.

Stev3

Superior Member
Aug 2, 2008
Pennsylvania
Just got a wii.

and yes, they need to cater to the hardcore gamers. otherwise, once im finished playing their big name titles, i wont play it much afterwards.

Boxman

Dedicated Member
Jan 27, 2009
The only thing my wii is used for is the internet channel. Soon we're buying Wii Fit, and I might get Mad world.

And I don't want another mario. He was only good on N64 and NES. Everything other Mario game has shot him hell.

Avrum

Elite Member
Jun 28, 2006
Buy some third party titles for a change. The last first party game I got was Wii Music but I've bought five other games since then:

Tenchu
MadWorld
HotD: Overkill
Rune Factory Frontier
Dokapon Kingdom

seebs

Elite Sage
Dec 29, 2006
[QUOTE="Stev3, post: 0]Just got a wii.

and yes, they need to cater to the hardcore gamers. otherwise, once im finished playing their big name titles, i wont play it much afterwards.[/quote]

Will those "hardcore gamers" move more titles?

Maybe you could help me out by identifying a "hardcore" game which has outsold wii fit. We'll make it easy; if it's multiplat, you can add the 360 and PS3 numbers together.

S

SnowHawk

[QUOTE="seebs, post: 0]Will those "hardcore gamers" move more titles?

Maybe you could help me out by identifying a "hardcore" game which has outsold wii fit. We'll make it easy; if it's multiplat, you can add the 360 and PS3 numbers together.[/quote]

I'm sorry but Wii Fit isn't a game and it never will be.

seebs

Elite Sage
Dec 29, 2006
[QUOTE="SnowHawk, post: 0]I'm sorry but Wii Fit isn't a game and it never will be.[/quote]

Sure it is. We have it, and I've played it, and it's definitely a game. It's not exactly a traditional game, but it's absolutely a game. Stuff happens, there are controls, based on the controls you get a score. It's a game.

Mar 11, 2009
Charlotte,NC
yea i agree.. i think nintendo need to take some changes on creativity with there games an go outside the box with some of the games they create.. i haven't bought a wii yet.. but games like mario and zeldia just isn't cutting it... they definitley need to step there game up for E3..

Feb 16, 2007
[QUOTE="seebs, post: 0]Will those "hardcore gamers" move more titles?

Maybe you could help me out by identifying a "hardcore" game which has outsold wii fit. We'll make it easy; if it's multiplat, you can add the 360 and PS3 numbers together.[/quote]

GTA4(14 million)? I'm not sure but Call of duty 4(10 million)?

seebs

Elite Sage
Dec 29, 2006
[QUOTE="SnakeDevil, post: 0]GTA4(14 million)? I'm not sure but Call of duty 4(10 million)?[/quote]

Wii Fit's somewhere over 19 million so far, and still selling pretty fast.

mikeghtmare

Elite Member
Dec 20, 2006
They do need more games, even if they are selling well now, they want to stay there and for that they need good appealing games.

My guess, or rather what I wish for, is a new Yoshi's Island. Give me a Yoshi's island like the first one and I'll be the first one to buy it.

seebs

Elite Sage
Dec 29, 2006
I think they do need to come up with more games, but they're probably taking it slow while they figure out what to do and possibly get prepped for more capacity. They just spent a little over two full years unable to make machines fast enough, and even ran out of disk pressing capacity for a month or so. If they want to take a bit of time to recover, regroup, and prepare for the next wave, that probably makes sense. I'd expect to see a few pretty big games come out, give those a month or two to sell systems, then drop the price of the core console a bit.

MR_T

Forum Elder
Oct 20, 2007
im just hoping this motion + works as well as its been hyped up to be. im getting quite bored of random wiggling and am looking forward to some accuracy